Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 03-25-2013, 03:36 PM   #16
DonDadda59
Lord High Executioner

DonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: "Proof of Heaven" - best selling book by athiest neurosurgeon that had an NDE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balla_Status
Not this shit again

Tiddy at it again

DonDadda59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 03:45 PM   #17
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: "Proof of Heaven" - best selling book by athiest neurosurgeon that had an NDE

I am at it again...

really though, I don't understand why this isn't a fascinating subject to everyone...atheists included
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 03:52 PM   #18
CasterL
Feeling supersonic

CasterL is popular on this boardCasterL is popular on this boardCasterL is popular on this boardCasterL is popular on this board

As an agnostic leaning towards atheist I do find this subject interesting. Will probs read.
CasterL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 05:14 PM   #19
SpecialQue
NBA Superstar

SpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

This book will convert nobody who doesn't already want to be converted.
SpecialQue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 05:24 PM   #20
Riddler
D-94

Riddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
really though, I don't understand why this isn't a fascinating subject to everyone.

That's what I said about 9/11... but I guess people are gonna believe whatever the hell they want to,... or not give a $hit.

if you buy that book, let me borrow it after you read it.
Riddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 05:31 PM   #21
miller-time
NBA sixth man of the year

miller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riddler
That's what I said about 9/11... but I guess people are gonna believe whatever the hell they want to,... or not give a $hit.

if you buy that book, let me borrow it after you read it.

There are thousands of ideas though that people would say the same thing about. Everyone can't be interested in everything especially when the details are spurious at best.
miller-time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 05:43 PM   #22
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by miller-time
There are thousands of ideas though that people would say the same thing about. Everyone can't be interested in everything especially when the details are spurious at best.
this phenomenon is facisnating no matter what angle you take...

-we know that the people that have NDEs are profoundly changed...of the thousands of stories out there, I have yet to read a single one where the person that had one says "you know, maybe that was just a dream"...and if anyone was to say that? It would be an atheist neurosurgeon.

-we know that everyone has the same experience for the most part...so if they are a "dream" it is facsinating that our brains always produce the same dream for everyone...

-we know that NDEs give people that ability to seperate their consciousness from their brain...we know this from the hundreds of accounts where people can repeat conversations as well as other things that happened in places where there body wasn't located.

-we know that NDEs give people who were born blind the ability to see for the first time in their lives...

if you think that NDEs are a product of the brain, this phenomenon is STILL amazing...
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 05:54 PM   #23
KingBeasley08
World's Finest

KingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Thing that interests me the most is the Out of Body Experience. That's some spooky shit. You're like a freaking ghost temporarily lol
KingBeasley08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 06:06 PM   #24
Is He Ill
Cowboys & Spurs

Is He Ill is considered somewhat coolIs He Ill is considered somewhat coolIs He Ill is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingBeasley08
Thing that interests me the most is the Out of Body Experience. That's some spooky shit. You're like a freaking ghost temporarily lol

I have OBEs all the time when I'm tired from too much work. A month ago I ended up having like 3 in a 5 day period.

I've heard some really good things about the book from a couple of my friends. I think that the guy is full of it, but it will probably be an entertaining read.
Is He Ill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 06:15 PM   #25
OhNoTimNoSho
Your King

OhNoTimNoSho has an incredible reputation hereOhNoTimNoSho has an incredible reputation hereOhNoTimNoSho has an incredible reputation hereOhNoTimNoSho has an incredible reputation hereOhNoTimNoSho has an incredible reputation hereOhNoTimNoSho has an incredible reputation hereOhNoTimNoSho has an incredible reputation here

See i can never trust a guy trying to sell a book. He is biased, he has reason to pretend he believes something or had some big revelation. An atheist neurosurgeon is the perfect person to make you go "ooh wow HE believes it". I just dont buy it.
OhNoTimNoSho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 06:18 PM   #26
The Macho Man
Randy Savage

The Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
sorry, must have missed that...many of those past threads had a dozen posters throwing things my way so hard to take it all in

I remember now, I was saying he could have easily made it up and you couldn't even fathom that as a possibility.
The Macho Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 06:19 PM   #27
miller-time
NBA sixth man of the year

miller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I'm reading it now, it is interesting, but as a reader it is kind of hard to separate fact from fiction. I'm up to chapter 10 though, so not quite halfway yet.

He is easy to read though. So far I've found the medical facts far more interesting than his ND experiences lol.
miller-time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 06:48 PM   #28
Draz
Like a Baoss.

Draz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingBeasley08

The thing about this, is no one really truly knows if this is true or not.. It's not something that can be caught on camera and shown as evidence. When we look at interviews and story's, we really need to give our brain and heart a reason to want to believe. It's something we should be open about though.
Draz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 06:49 PM   #29
Patrick Chewing
Cobra Kai Sensei

Patrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by miller-time
I'm reading it now, it is interesting, but as a reader it is kind of hard to separate fact from fiction. I'm up to chapter 10 though, so not quite halfway yet.

He is easy to read though. So far I've found the medical facts far more interesting than his ND experiences lol.

Haven't read the book and I'm an NDE believer as well as a believer in God and all that, but if I'm not mistaken, the medical facts that he provides are the fact that medicine and science cannot explain NDE's.
Patrick Chewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 06:52 PM   #30
Geriatric
Old Bum

Geriatric has decent reputationGeriatric has decent reputation

Eternea huh?

This must have been Larry Bird's NDE then...

(I know, I know, Eternia is spelled differently. Just play along.)
Geriatric is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: