Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 03-26-2013, 09:54 AM   #61
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: "Proof of Heaven" - best selling book by athiest neurosurgeon that had an NDE

Documentary o Pam Reynolds

you should watch shvler...and miller

both sides are argued...
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 01:02 PM   #62
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: "Proof of Heaven" - best selling book by athiest neurosurgeon that had an NDE

^^^ this book written by an Oxford grad came to the clonclusion that there is no current scientific theory that holds up...

Article by him

article ends with this after going over many of the theories:

Quote:
I examined all of the other attempts to explain away the NDE as the product of a malfunctioning brain, and ultimately not one stood up to critical scrutiny. The conclusion I finally arrived at was that the NDE is exactly what it appears to be: a genuine separation of mind from body during the early stages of biological death.

here are the main problems with the current theories of NDEs:

-they don't explain the seperation of consciousness from the body, in fact science is completely clueless on why we are concious at all, there is no explaination for it currently, our consciousness is a mystery.

-there is NO NDEer that is willing to accept them! If you were to approach any NDEer and say "that was a product of your brain shutting down" they would say "no it wasn't, I know what I saw is real, you don't understand". That is a big deal that pretty much 100% of them reject those theories, at what point do we who have not experienced this decide to stop trying to tell them what happened to them and instead actually listen to them and maybe even believe them?
Old 03-26-2013, 01:45 PM   #63
Take Your Lumps
Ho Ho Ho

Take Your Lumps has a near all-star reputation hereTake Your Lumps has a near all-star reputation hereTake Your Lumps has a near all-star reputation hereTake Your Lumps has a near all-star reputation hereTake Your Lumps has a near all-star reputation hereTake Your Lumps has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
-there is NO NDEer that is willing to accept them! If you were to approach any NDEer and say "that was a product of your brain shutting down" they would say "no it wasn't, I know what I saw is real, you don't understand". That is a big deal that pretty much 100% of them reject those theories, at what point do we who have not experienced this decide to stop trying to tell them what happened to them and instead actually listen to them and maybe even believe them?

Any time I get summoned for jury duty, I inform them I'm not able to convict anyone of a crime based on eye witness testimony. I'm promptly sent home.

You're talking about things people aren't even seeing with their eyes. And jumping to conclusions about the nature of the universe based on those eye witness claims.

Are you as quick to believe people who say they are summoned into alien spaceships and report "lost time"? I've seen and heard all kinds of people claim all kinds of things.

If this phenomena is ever verified under strict laboratory conditions as being "real" then you'd have my attention. Until then, I think I'll opt to take any eye witness reports from evolved apes with one giant grain of salt.
Take Your Lumps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 02:33 PM   #64
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Take Your Lumps
Any time I get summoned for jury duty, I inform them I'm not able to convict anyone of a crime based on eye witness testimony. I'm promptly sent home.

You're talking about things people aren't even seeing with their eyes. And jumping to conclusions about the nature of the universe based on those eye witness claims.

Are you as quick to believe people who say they are summoned into alien spaceships and report "lost time"? I've seen and heard all kinds of people claim all kinds of things.

If this phenomena is ever verified under strict laboratory conditions as being "real" then you'd have my attention. Until then, I think I'll opt to take any eye witness reports from evolved apes with one giant grain of salt.
first of all it is generally accepted that these people are being honest by everyone, doctors and scientists alike, regardless of weather or not they are brain produced or not. Unlike alien abductions which are rarely ever accepted as honest.

second, to have an NDE you have to have flatlined in a hospital...not anyone can claim to have gone through this, you have had serious shit happen to you. ANYONE can claim they were abducted by aliens...

third, like I said 100% of NDEers believe what they experinced is real and there is no one that can tell them otherwise. Is that not substaintial to you? That not one of them has ever said "you know that doctor is probably right, that was probably all a dream".

forth, Alien abductions come in all different types...NDEs are generally all the same regardless of who you are. Again, how is it that our brains are giving everyone the same dreams? Why is there no NDE that involves random shit like old friends from the past, or a fckin speghetti monster? you know the weird shit that is normally found in dreams? Why is it ALWAYS spirits of dead loved ones and God?
Old 03-26-2013, 02:37 PM   #65
Jello
Hume>Kunt.

Jello is starting to rub some people the wrong wayJello is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Chris Carter was educated at Oxford University in Philosophy and Economics
lmao
Jello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 02:40 PM   #66
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

rufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:

Alien abductions come in all different types

Really? I thought they all followed the same pattern:

1. Lost time
2. Paralysis
3. Exam by creatures with big heads.
4. Ass probing.
rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 02:42 PM   #67
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

Quote:
Originally Posted by rufuspaul
Really? I thought they all followed the same pattern:

1. Lost time
2. Paralysis
3. Exam by creatures with big heads.
4. Ass probing.
ha...yeah I guess many of them are very similar (shit maybe some are real idk)...but still my other points stand

I could claim I was abducted by aliens right now if I wanted...but I couldn't do the same with an NDE because I didn't flatline in ER.
Old 03-26-2013, 02:57 PM   #68
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jello
lmao
Oxford is arguablly the best school on the planet...right up there with Harvard
Old 03-26-2013, 03:01 PM   #69
Lebowsky
Hi, how are you?

Lebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
I would guess he's laughing at the fact the guy's education has nothing to do with empirical science.
Lebowsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 03:03 PM   #70
Jello
Hume>Kunt.

Jello is starting to rub some people the wrong wayJello is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
You're arguably worse than IamRambo in terms of not knowing what you're talking about. His school doesn't matter if his area of expertise is something totally unrelated to what he's examining.
Old 03-26-2013, 03:09 PM   #71
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

sure it matters, he is clearly an intelligent man it isn't like he is some dude working at Starbucks who wrote a book on the side...

I don't know why he decided to tackle this subject but I bet he has creditials of some form for this...
Old 03-26-2013, 03:12 PM   #72
Jello
Hume>Kunt.

Quote:
sure it matters, he is clearly an intelligent man it isn't like he is some dude working at Starbucks who wrote a book on the side...

I don't know why he decided to tackle this subject but I bet he has creditials of some form for this...
No appeal to authority requires expertise on the subject, this guy obviously does not have any background in neuroscience.
Old 03-26-2013, 03:19 PM   #73
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

Chris Carter interview

this "subject" has no expertise...it isn't like there are NDE classes for science majors...neuroscience has no answer for NDEs, no one does...just ask the author in the OP
Old 03-26-2013, 03:22 PM   #74
Jello
Hume>Kunt.

Quote:
Chris Carter interview

this "subject" has no expertise...it isn't like there are NDE classes for science majors...neuroscience has no answer for NDEs, no one does...just ask the author in the OP

Damn people like ptiddy actually exist... No wonder our country is going down the shitter.
Old 03-26-2013, 03:26 PM   #75
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

you're an fckin idiot...go troll another thread and act like country is ruined because of it
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: