Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Chicago Bulls Forum

Chicago Bulls Forum Chicago Bulls message board - chicago bulls fan forum

Old 06-27-2013, 12:26 PM   #46
Bulls_Fan20
Local High School Star

Post Re: Potential Deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose
And the Rockets are only moving T-Rob to land cap space. And I'd assume a future first, so they can sign dwight.

We have the trade exception from the Korver deal, so we could give them a future first without any salary. The future first would be in the 20s (if we stay healthy), so I don't think it would be too much to give up for someone with Robinson's upside. We need another big for next season anyway, and this would allow us to take a SG at #20.
Bulls_Fan20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 01:17 PM   #47
Crystallas
Smile, you're on ISH

Default Re: Potential Deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulls_Fan20
We have the trade exception from the Korver deal, so we could give them a future first without any salary. The future first would be in the 20s (if we stay healthy), so I don't think it would be too much to give up for someone with Robinson's upside. We need another big for next season anyway, and this would allow us to take a SG at #20.

Unfortunately we're past the cap threshold to legally utilize the trade exception.
Crystallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 07:04 PM   #48
sizzleraa
Can barely lace up my sneakers

4 Team Deal

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ougx8bn
Obviously draft picks would be added

Bulls Trade: Carlos Boozer, Luol Deng, Joakim Noah
Bulls Recieve: Lamarcus Aldridge, Nene Hilario, Meyers Leonard, Will Barton
Why: Bulls need financial relief and would like a star to pair with Rose. This trade saves them 12 mil and gives them plenty of cap room for 2014. Portland demands at least Noah in return for Aldridge. Boozer and Aldridge cannot play together, so swapping his bad contract for Nene's makes sense. The bulls cannot afford to re-sign Deng and need to get something in return for him while they can. The emergence of Jimmy Butler, draft pick Snell, and Barton can pick up his slack. Leonard provides depth if Nene is injured.

Portland Trades: Lamarcus Aldridge, Meyers Leonard, Will Barton
Portland Receives: Joakim Noah, Tristan Thompson
Why: Lamarcus Aldridge wants out of Portland. Now is the time to facilitate a trade because his value is high. If he becomes disgruntled and is reflected by his play on the court, his value drops. Portland gets two young bigs in return. Noah Provides the intangibles and leadership necessary to win. Thompson is a budding star two years removed from the 5th overall pick. He can grow with 1st Rnd PG McCollum.

Cleveland Trades: Tristan Thompson
Cleveland Receives: Luol Deng
Why: Cleveland is looking for Veteran Leadership. Deng is a two-time AllStar and a great teammate that leads by example. Can hit the open jumper or slash to the rim without the ball. Perfect complement for Kyrie Irving. Thompson became an expendable piece when the Cavs took Anthony Bennet with the #1 pick. This trade provides a solid roster for the Cavs to lure the Golden Child back home next summer. (Lebron James)

Washington Trades: Nene Hilario
Washington Receives: Carlos Boozer
Why: Boozer is a much better scorer and rebounder than Hilario. They both have equally bad contracts, Boozer is viewed as the better teammate. Boozer has been much healthier, playing in every game last season. Nice compliment for John Wall, Bradley Beal, and 1st Rnd pick Otto Porter
sizzleraa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 12:58 AM   #49
(e)
MJ of ISH *Brotherhood

^No.

That's all that really needs to be said on that trade
(e) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 12:09 AM   #50
ljsbb27
Local High School Star

We're supposedly looking at Mo Williams and Will Bynum.
It's clear that were looking for some more scoring off the bench.

Mo Williams would be a very good signing for the right price. He's a pretty good outside shooter. Kind of streaky but can get extremely hot. Good ball handler, can create his own shot and is also good at playing off the ball.

I know some may think what do we need 4 point guards for? We have Rose, Hinrich, Teague and let's say we sign Mo.
I don't see that being an issue. We can play Mo at the backup shooting guard position on offense. Kirk can guard the opposing teams back up SG and Mo could guard the PG. I could see it working.
ljsbb27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 12:21 AM   #51
ljsbb27
Local High School Star

Pelicans offered Tyreke Evans a contract.

Kings offered Iguodala a large contract so I don't believe they will match the Pelicans offer for Tyreke.

If the Pelicans get Evans that may mean Eric Gordon is available again?

I would love to get Eric Gordon somehow.

Does Deng, a first round pick next year and a second round pick the following year get it done?

Derrick Rose
Eric Gordon
Jimmy Butler
Carlos Boozer
Joakim Noah
Old 07-03-2013, 02:08 AM   #52
ljsbb27
Local High School Star

Francisco Garcia would be a very good addition
Old 07-03-2013, 02:11 AM   #53
ljsbb27
Local High School Star

Some rumors that the Raptors are shopping Rudy Gay to get out of rest of his contract. Maybe they would be interested in Deng as an expirer. Rudy Gay is a slight downgrade in defense and rebounding but offensively he's better overall. Better ball handler better at creating his own shot better finisher better shooter better on the fast break more athletic and not injury prone.
Old 07-04-2013, 01:17 PM   #54
ljsbb27
Local High School Star

Some guys that can potentially be signed at the minimum or a little more that can come in and help finish the last two roster spots which I believe we should try to pick up one more perimeter player and another big.

Terrence Williams
Anthony Morrow
James Johnson
Ronnie Brewer
Wesley Johnson
Kenyon Martin
Jermaine O'Neal
Wayne Ellington
Ivan Johnson
Francisco Garcia
Carlos Delfino
Old 07-04-2013, 09:16 PM   #55
(e)
MJ of ISH *Brotherhood

Absolutely no to Eric Gordon.
Old 07-05-2013, 12:48 AM   #56
Crystallas
Smile, you're on ISH

PF/C's We have log-jams on the wings. And no, simply re-signing Nazr doesn't solve our depth issues in the paint. We need to bring in a smart body to play in the middle, not a tall boy who likes to pretend he is a SF when he gets into lazy-mode(mullens, who I actually like, just not for this team).

Last edited by Crystallas : 07-05-2013 at 12:50 AM.
Crystallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 03:18 AM   #57
Rose
Chill Mode

I know it doesn't fit in this thread, but I'm kinda pissed off Big Al signed with the Bobcats. Mostly because everyone and their brother is gonna tank next year(outside of maybe 6-8 teams) and if the Bobcats aren't injury riddled we're gonna get that pick a year earlier than I would have liked.
Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 05:50 AM   #58
(e)
MJ of ISH *Brotherhood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose
I know it doesn't fit in this thread, but I'm kinda pissed off Big Al signed with the Bobcats. Mostly because everyone and their brother is gonna tank next year(outside of maybe 6-8 teams) and if the Bobcats aren't injury riddled we're gonna get that pick a year earlier than I would have liked.
It's top 10 protected next year, top 8 in 2015 and unprotected in 2016.

I'd rather have a pick sooner rather than later, especially in next years draft. Doubtful it happens though.
Old 07-05-2013, 09:50 AM   #59
kshutts1
Great college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljsbb27
Some guys that can potentially be signed at the minimum or a little more that can come in and help finish the last two roster spots which I believe we should try to pick up one more perimeter player and another big.

Terrence Williams
Anthony Morrow
James Johnson
Ronnie Brewer
Wesley Johnson
Kenyon Martin
Jermaine O'Neal
Wayne Ellington
Ivan Johnson
Francisco Garcia
Carlos Delfino

Bolded the guys I really like, and I'd also like to add Mo Williams (serious pipe dream) to that list.
kshutts1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 11:37 AM   #60
Rose
Chill Mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by (e)
It's top 10 protected next year, top 8 in 2015 and unprotected in 2016.

I'd rather have a pick sooner rather than later, especially in next years draft. Doubtful it happens though.
I don't know in the East typically one borderline all star and a decent sidekick is enough to get you into the playoffs as an eighth seed. (Ellis/Gumby, Iggy/Jrue,the year before and you can keep going back hell even Rose/Noah a couple times) And it's not like they have a horrible roster anyways. I'm hoping they overachieve get 10th in the draft so it sets them back a bit in rebuilding, don't improve much because they still don't have a second all star caliber player, then we get a nice pick in 2016.

But I've always felt by 2015 they'd have a decent enough roster we'd get it then. But with so many shitty teams and kinda shitty teams gonna tank for Wiggins (look at what teams did in 02-03 for LeBron and those consolation prizes), I really think we're getting it next year.
Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: