Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Chicago Bulls Forum

Chicago Bulls Forum Chicago Bulls message board - chicago bulls fan forum

Old 07-15-2013, 05:57 AM   #91
poido123
Cameron Bairstow!!

poido123 has decent reputation
Default Re: Potential Deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystallas
I agree. Either would be a big help for us. The Bulls aren't even bidding up players. What the heck is going on here?

I was reading somewhere that the Bulls are fielding more offers to play for them from free agents, than them actually making contact with the free agents.

I'd say they have a list of players that they want, and will wait patiently until one of their targets sign for the minimum. Atm, Bulls would be looking for a backup guard and centre from what I've read through sources and tweets.
poido123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 06:14 AM   #92
poido123
Cameron Bairstow!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamaraw08
As a Bulls fan, I hope and pray that you are right.
But then again, the past 3 years, all I kept hearing is that Miami is not that good.
game 1, 3 playoff games ago, oh, Bulls are simply too big, Heat are too small, then Miami took the series.
2 playoffs ago, Miami don't have size, Bosh goes down and yet beat Indiana who had Hibbert and West.
Last playoffs, oh Indiana is wiser, oh San Antonio is better with their great coach.....

IMO, the key too, is not resting on your laurels, Pat Riley was NOT content after signing the big 3, he kept signing vital players like Miller, Battier, Allen and yes even duds like Rashard Lewis. That 8-12 man is CRUCIAL esp incase your back ups don't produce. I like the first 6-7 players but I don't think you can go wrong with signing contingencies, provided ofcourse they have baggages like Stephen Jackson etc.

2011, Heat had everything go their way, all games were decided by less than 10 points with the exception of game 1 which we blew them out. Boozer and Noah looked injured, none of our shooters were a threat, which allowed the Heat to gamble defensively and force the Bulls team to shoot jumpshots, cut off Rose's driving lanes and protected the key. There's no guarantee that Dunleavy can't go cold like Korver did, however Dunleavy has a higher basketball IQ and has more to his game than just his shooting, he makes good decisions. It helps that we don't have Bogans anymore, Heat didn't have to worry about our outside shot for the most part. We now have Butler who can defend Lebron very well, and contribute offensively too.

Heat have been hanging on for the most part. Pacers took them to 7 games(We are a better team), Spurs basically won in 6(Ray Allen saved the Heat), so all those theories in a way were correct, Heat do have troubles with teams that have quality bigmen.

I'm interested to see if we sign anymore players before the roster is finalised. I wouldn't underestimate the improvement in Rose's game either. I have this sneaking suspicion that his game will surprise alot of people when he's back. Now that he has had ample time on the sidelines and watched all the games last year, he will have a pretty good idea on what he can contribute to the team and how he plan's to fit into the system. I predict Rose to have a more rounded game on return with a vastly improved jumpshot. He initially might have a few rusty games, but you will start to see the rewards of his training as the season progresses.
Old 07-15-2013, 10:44 AM   #93
kshutts1
Good college starter

kshutts1 is a pretty well-respected posterkshutts1 is a pretty well-respected posterkshutts1 is a pretty well-respected poster

http://*********.com/free_agency.htm

Working off of that list, I'd ideally like Mo Williams (considered him a pipe dream, but still unsigned? Maybe...) and Dalembert.

Wright, Mullens, Neal, Mozgov are my other preferred targets, in order.
kshutts1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 06:53 PM   #94
tamaraw08
Decent college freshman

tamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by poido123
2011, Heat had everything go their way, all games were decided by less than 10 points with the exception of game 1 which we blew them out. Boozer and Noah looked injured, none of our shooters were a threat, which allowed the Heat to gamble defensively and force the Bulls team to shoot jumpshots, cut off Rose's driving lanes and protected the key. There's no guarantee that Dunleavy can't go cold like Korver did, however Dunleavy has a higher basketball IQ and has more to his game than just his shooting, he makes good decisions. It helps that we don't have Bogans anymore, Heat didn't have to worry about our outside shot for the most part. We now have Butler who can defend Lebron very well, and contribute offensively too.

Heat have been hanging on for the most part. Pacers took them to 7 games(We are a better team), Spurs basically won in 6(Ray Allen saved the Heat), so all those theories in a way were correct, Heat do have troubles with teams that have quality bigmen.

I'm interested to see if we sign anymore players before the roster is finalised. I wouldn't underestimate the improvement in Rose's game either. I have this sneaking suspicion that his game will surprise alot of people when he's back. Now that he has had ample time on the sidelines and watched all the games last year, he will have a pretty good idea on what he can contribute to the team and how he plan's to fit into the system. I predict Rose to have a more rounded game on return with a vastly improved jumpshot. He initially might have a few rusty games, but you will start to see the rewards of his training as the season progresses.

Most great teams also had some kind of adversity.
The Kobe/Shaq combo also struggled on the road in Sacramento,
Then was down 17 late in 3rd quarter vs Portland in game 7, the first year they won it all.
Before they won their 3rd ring, they needed to beat the KIngs 7th game on the road, actually needed a late 3pt shot by Horry in game 4....
Also I really believe in teams playing to the oppositions level of play. Superstars tend to relax then DIG DEEP, when it is needed.
but I digress, my whole point was Miami didn't simply think "we have enough to beat every team" after they signed the big 3. They kept acquiring key pieces like a great defender/3pt shooter in Battier, THEN, signed arguably the best shooter the past 12 years in Allen.
Im hoping that Rose has grown, but Im also afraid that you have underestimated the improvement of Lebron James. I mean the guy is not just athletic and big but also has wisen up and improved vastly on his clutch perimeter shots.
Boozer, Deng and Kirk are older, Noah and Taj have been fragile etc, they lost Asik etc. in the mean time Pat Riley has continued for ways to improve his team.
tamaraw08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 09:44 AM   #95
poido123
Cameron Bairstow!!

Quote:
Most great teams also had some kind of adversity.
The Kobe/Shaq combo also struggled on the road in Sacramento,
Then was down 17 late in 3rd quarter vs Portland in game 7, the first year they won it all.
Before they won their 3rd ring, they needed to beat the KIngs 7th game on the road, actually needed a late 3pt shot by Horry in game 4....
Also I really believe in teams playing to the oppositions level of play. Superstars tend to relax then DIG DEEP, when it is needed.
but I digress, my whole point was Miami didn't simply think "we have enough to beat every team" after they signed the big 3. They kept acquiring key pieces like a great defender/3pt shooter in Battier, THEN, signed arguably the best shooter the past 12 years in Allen.
Im hoping that Rose has grown, but Im also afraid that you have underestimated the improvement of Lebron James. I mean the guy is not just athletic and big but also has wisen up and improved vastly on his clutch perimeter shots.
Boozer, Deng and Kirk are older, Noah and Taj have been fragile etc, they lost Asik etc. in the mean time Pat Riley has continued for ways to improve his team.

Don't stress Tamara, we got this

I have a really good feeling about this year. The advantage of keeping a core group together and a good coach is that we are improving and our team healthy I think beats Heat. We have the bigs, we have the Lebron stopper, we have a sharp shooter, we have the experience and we have the sustained effort that Miami often struggles with.

I dream of the day, when Rose goes nuts on the Heat and kills them with his improved jumpshot and gives them the "you can't guard me" look. Butler continues to fustrate Lebron and Dunleavy rains down the threes. Boozer finally does his job and Noah wills the team on with his great defense and clutch defensive plays.

It's gonna happen and all of us Bulls fans will rejoice and have all the satisfaction in knowing that we have been there supporting the team through years of fustration and bad luck.
Old 07-18-2013, 08:07 AM   #96
kshutts1
Good college starter

kshutts1 is a pretty well-respected posterkshutts1 is a pretty well-respected posterkshutts1 is a pretty well-respected poster

Dalembert will sign with Dallas, as probably everyone expected, so there goes that dream of mine.

Marcus Camby, I guess? But I want a shot blocker that can actually play 20+ meaningful minutes
Old 07-18-2013, 07:59 PM   #97
(e)
MJ of ISH *Brotherhood

(e) is a pretty well-respected poster(e) is a pretty well-respected poster(e) is a pretty well-respected poster(e) is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by kshutts1
Dalembert will sign with Dallas, as probably everyone expected, so there goes that dream of mine.

Marcus Camby, I guess? But I want a shot blocker that can actually play 20+ meaningful minutes
That really isn't available.

I'd take Camby, I guess. Having a duo of old aging vets at backup center is a better situation then we had last year with just Nazr.

Really doesn't solve that problem, just a stop gap solution.
(e) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 12:19 PM   #98
kshutts1
Good college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by (e)
That really isn't available.

I'd take Camby, I guess. Having a duo of old aging vets at backup center is a better situation then we had last year with just Nazr.

Really doesn't solve that problem, just a stop gap solution.

I know it's not available. Hence the "settling" for Camby. Oh well. Gotta trust in the FO that has built the team we have assembled. I guess.
Old 07-20-2013, 03:39 PM   #99
tamaraw08
Decent college freshman

tamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
I know it's not available. Hence the "settling" for Camby. Oh well. Gotta trust in the FO that has built the team we have assembled. I guess.

Yikes, I just check the list of available centers.
Joel Pryzbilla? Mozgov?Collins?
I like Camby but he's waay fragile, almost always hurt.
I read somewhere that Bucks just waived Drew Gooden, can he play center, what about Byron Mullens?
Are we set at SG? really?
Mo Williams? Gary Neal?
tamaraw08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 07:37 AM   #100
poido123
Cameron Bairstow!!

Quote:
Yikes, I just check the list of available centers.
Joel Pryzbilla? Mozgov?Collins?
I like Camby but he's waay fragile, almost always hurt.
I read somewhere that Bucks just waived Drew Gooden, can he play center, what about Byron Mullens?
Are we set at SG? really?
Mo Williams? Gary Neal?

A no to Mullens. He just signed with the Clips for 2 years 2 mill. Not the kind of player we need to backup Noah. He's a soft 7 foot volume shooter, doesnt bang the boards or play much defense.

I would like Joel, but he hasn't been healthy the last few years. Mozgov should be our target. Camby and Joel just wouldnt play enough to rest Noah during the reg season.
I guess we might just have to roll with Nazr...

Gooden was injury riddled last year, he is handy when he plays minutes, but I want someone tough and defensive minded to come in and not let the defensive intensity drop when Noah goes out. I think Mozgov could fit that bill.
Old 07-21-2013, 08:38 PM   #101
ljsbb27
Local High School Star

ljsbb27 is popular on this boardljsbb27 is popular on this boardljsbb27 is popular on this boardljsbb27 is popular on this board

Two guys that haven't been mentioned that are being overlooked and could be good players here are Dejuan Blair and Bernard James.

Two young PF/C type players that fit the Thibs mold. Active, defensive, rebounding bigs that could provide solid depth to our bigs considering we still have Nazr slotted in to be a contributor and that worries me. I know he did a decent job for us last year, but I don't know if he can duplicate that.

Rose - Teague

Butler - Hinrich - Snell

Deng - Dunleavy

Boozer - Gibson - Murphy - Thomas

Noah - Mohammed

I'd add Goudelock (or Nate back if possible) and Bernard James or Dejuan Blair.

We have alot of guys that can play multiple positions and I think we'll see Thibs play more small ball this year.

Derrick will play point and spend some time off ball as well.
Kirk can play the 1 and the 2.
Butler the 2 and the 3.
Deng the 3 and 4.
Boozer and Gibson will all play 4 and 5.

It's going to be another fun season. I just think we need to fill out the roster and hope for a healthy year.
ljsbb27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 10:46 PM   #102
poido123
Cameron Bairstow!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljsbb27
Two guys that haven't been mentioned that are being overlooked and could be good players here are Dejuan Blair and Bernard James.

Two young PF/C type players that fit the Thibs mold. Active, defensive, rebounding bigs that could provide solid depth to our bigs considering we still have Nazr slotted in to be a contributor and that worries me. I know he did a decent job for us last year, but I don't know if he can duplicate that.

Rose - Teague

Butler - Hinrich - Snell

Deng - Dunleavy

Boozer - Gibson - Murphy - Thomas

Noah - Mohammed

I'd add Goudelock (or Nate back if possible) and Bernard James or Dejuan Blair.

We have alot of guys that can play multiple positions and I think we'll see Thibs play more small ball this year.

Derrick will play point and spend some time off ball as well.
Kirk can play the 1 and the 2.
Butler the 2 and the 3.
Deng the 3 and 4.
Boozer and Gibson will all play 4 and 5.

It's going to be another fun season. I just think we need to fill out the roster and hope for a healthy year.

Blair I think signed with the Wizards. I would like to see Guodelock signed and add Mozgov IMO.
Old 07-29-2013, 07:25 PM   #103
kshutts1
Good college starter

This is how desperate I am....

Greg Oden? Anyone?
Old 07-29-2013, 11:55 PM   #104
(e)
MJ of ISH *Brotherhood

(e) is a pretty well-respected poster(e) is a pretty well-respected poster(e) is a pretty well-respected poster(e) is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
This is how desperate I am....

Greg Oden? Anyone?
I'd take him on a one year min deal with a team option for a second. But pretty sure he will sign with the Heat or Spurs.
(e) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 07:29 AM   #105
kshutts1
Good college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by (e)
I'd take him on a one year min deal with a team option for a second. But pretty sure he will sign with the Heat or Spurs.

I have not heard him discussed as a Bull, and I think he's sign with the Heat. But since he said money's not an option, but rather level of comfort... I wish Rose would play up the obvious championship aspirations, plus the fact that he, and the rest of the team, know what it's like to rehab from serious injury, etc.

"Good Oden" would be the perfect player for this team, IMO. Imagine a low post defender, that can also score, playing next to Noah. Man that would be sweet.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: