Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 03-26-2013, 09:47 AM   #1
highwhey
el vato encabronado

highwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Living on your own expenses

I'm considering moving on my own or with a roomate. I work part time because of school but the money is steady. whats a good figure you can get by on if you assume rent/utilities to be ~500 a month? my biggest expense right now has to be going out on weekends...which i can defnitely cut down on. food also, i eat out almost everyday but if i'm going to budget, i can shop for groceries and real food. i would also save money on gas if i move close to school or where i mostly hang out. i usually spend $50+ every week on gas because i drive alot since my home is 30 mins away from school.

monthly income ~$1600.
highwhey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 11:44 AM   #2
Mr. I'm So Rad
So What If It Is

Mr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Living on your own expenses

In which state do you live?

For the way I live, ~$1600 a month is winning. Granted, my life does suck so take that with a grain of salt.
Mr. I'm So Rad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 11:44 AM   #3
Just2McFly
By Any Means

Just2McFly has a terrific reputationJust2McFly has a terrific reputationJust2McFly has a terrific reputationJust2McFly has a terrific reputationJust2McFly has a terrific reputationJust2McFly has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. I'm So Rad
In which state do you live?

For the way I live, ~$1600 a month is winning. Granted, my life does suck so take that with a grain of salt.
Im gonna guess he lives in Arizona.
Just2McFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 11:48 AM   #4
The Macho Man
Randy Savage

The Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

500 a month for rent/utilities???
The Macho Man is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 11:48 AM   #5
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

DeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I would imagine that cell phone, internet, heat, water, electric, car insurance, gas, and rent would be well above 500 a month. Groceries probably run you 50-70 a week if it's just you and you know how to cook. Either way, you should be able to support yourself on 1,600 a month. I do on just over 1,700 right now and my expenses must be higher than yours.
DeuceWallaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 11:51 AM   #6
Mr. I'm So Rad
So What If It Is

Mr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Macho Man
500 a month for rent/utilities???

Yeah, for me rent alone is like $760. I do live in a townhome though.
Old 03-26-2013, 11:54 AM   #7
The Macho Man
Randy Savage

The Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Yeah, for me rent alone is like $760. I do live in a townhome though.

Old 03-26-2013, 11:57 AM   #8
DropStep
Good High School Starter

DropStep has decent reputation

You got part time job making $1600 a month? What job is that? Where can I sign up?
DropStep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 11:59 AM   #9
Mr. I'm So Rad
So What If It Is

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DropStep
You got part time job making $1600 a month? What job is that? Where can I sign up?

Also, this.
Old 03-26-2013, 12:02 PM   #10
D-Rose
Mavericks/Bulls

D-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

That is damn great income for a part time job.

Here's my monthly expenses w/ the blessings of Texas.

Rent - $216
Utilities - $50
Insurance - $75
Groceries - $50
Going out/eating out - $50-100
Gas - $200 (covered by tips at work)

Income - $800/month (not including tipis which cover all my gas anyway)

Beat that!!!!!
D-Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 12:02 PM   #11
The Macho Man
Randy Savage

Phoenix sounds like an amazing place
Old 03-26-2013, 12:04 PM   #12
Mr. I'm So Rad
So What If It Is

Quote:
Phoenix sounds like an amazing place

Screw rezznor's house we're migrating to Phoenix. That's where we should move our POF location to.
Old 03-26-2013, 12:09 PM   #13
KevinNYC
Toronto Mayor Rob Ford

KevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by highwhey
I'm considering moving on my own or with a roomate.

You may want to spend a month or two doing an experiment to see how it works for you.

Start by tracking all your expenses. Then for rent or other bills, come up with that number and put that aside and don't touch it. Also realize that you need come up with full rent on the 1st and pay your bills on maybe the 15th.
KevinNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 12:25 PM   #14
The Macho Man
Randy Savage

Quote:
Screw rezznor's house we're migrating to Phoenix. That's where we should move our POF location to.

It's only 300 miles from Vegas.

**** that. Just move to Vegas.
Old 03-26-2013, 12:43 PM   #15
highwhey
el vato encabronado

highwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just2McFly
Im gonna guess he lives in Arizona.
fck toronto

yes i live in phoenix. when i meant $500 a month it includes rent/neccesary utilities like electricity and water. phone bill is $100 additional. i may get internet which should be 40/month. couple of my friends share a house literally in the heart of arizona, couple blocks away from all cool bars/movie theater/chase/suns arena and lightrail. each one pays like $250/month for rent and utilities are shared amongst them. good deal considering downtown phoenix property iss **** rape even if its a piece of sht neighborhood.

anyhow, i found a studio apartment for $475 including utilities. downtown phoenix, nice interior, clean landscaping. i would prefer to live alone too, everytime i stop by at my friends house, one of them is a dirty slob that leaves all his food wrappers on living room table. you immediately know what this guy ate the past week
highwhey is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: