Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 03-26-2013, 12:48 PM   #16
highwhey
el vato encabronado

highwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Living on your own expenses

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinNYC
You may want to spend a month or two doing an experiment to see how it works for you.

Start by tracking all your expenses. Then for rent or other bills, come up with that number and put that aside and don't touch it. Also realize that you need come up with full rent on the 1st and pay your bills on maybe the 15th.
i've tried doing the whole fiction budget but i end up spending a majority of my money ether way.

i would need around $1000 saved up to move in just in case or for unexoected situations where i need money.

right now the only mandatory expenses are phone bill $100, car insurance $140, $100 for some debt i owe lol. other than that i think i can manage.

yeah i can cook for myself, i use to buy groceries for myself when i ate healthy so i can do it again, irice, meat, chicken, couple veggies, spices...they are considerably cheap.
highwhey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 12:57 PM   #17
Kungfro
Honk Honk

Kungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

$140 for car insurance? That seems pretty expensive.
Kungfro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 12:59 PM   #18
highwhey
el vato encabronado

highwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Rose
That is damn great income for a part time job.

Here's my monthly expenses w/ the blessings of Texas.

Rent - $216
Utilities - $50
Insurance - $75
Groceries - $50
Going out/eating out - $50-100
Gas - $200 (covered by tips at work)

Income - $800/month (not including tipis which cover all my gas anyway)

Beat that!!!!!
thanks for the breakdown.
you seem to have it down pretty good, i cant say the same for myself. the way i see it, i can save moeny on fuel and avoid a dui since most the bars i go to are downtown.
Old 03-26-2013, 01:01 PM   #19
highwhey
el vato encabronado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kungfro
$140 for car insurance? That seems pretty expensive.
i have extra coverage though. i usually park it in some not so nice areas so if they hsteal it(which i prey they do) i will have compensation for it
Old 03-26-2013, 01:41 PM   #20
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

boozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

depends on how you want to live. IF you can really hold about 1100 after rent and utilities (including phone, internet and cable[which is a wasteIMO]), you will be fine. again, dont eat out very often and dont go to bars a lot. learn to cook and eat leftovers for lunch. dont waste $ on frivolous shit and keep to a budget. You will probably miss out on some fun, but being on your own is probably worth it (and a lot of fun in its own right).
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 02:03 PM   #21
The Macho Man
Randy Savage

The Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by highwhey
fck toronto

yes i live in phoenix. when i meant $500 a month it includes rent/neccesary utilities like electricity and water. phone bill is $100 additional. i may get internet which should be 40/month. couple of my friends share a house literally in the heart of arizona, couple blocks away from all cool bars/movie theater/chase/suns arena and lightrail. each one pays like $250/month for rent and utilities are shared amongst them. good deal considering downtown phoenix property iss **** rape even if its a piece of sht neighborhood.

anyhow, i found a studio apartment for $475 including utilities. downtown phoenix, nice interior, clean landscaping. i would prefer to live alone too, everytime i stop by at my friends house, one of them is a dirty slob that leaves all his food wrappers on living room table. you immediately know what this guy ate the past week

The cheapest 1 bedroom apartments near me are like 1200 a month before utlities
The Macho Man is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 02:05 PM   #22
Levity
Dale, you giblet head!

Levity has an incredible reputation hereLevity has an incredible reputation hereLevity has an incredible reputation hereLevity has an incredible reputation hereLevity has an incredible reputation hereLevity has an incredible reputation hereLevity has an incredible reputation here

with proper budgeting, 1600 a month should lead to a pretty decent life for a college student. Granted, you cut back on partying or just pregame at home. Also, home cooking will save you big bucks in the long run

However, once you get a girlfriend, thats most likely will eat up a lot of that extra cash, whether you like it or not.
Levity is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 02:07 PM   #23
Levity
Dale, you giblet head!

Levity has an incredible reputation hereLevity has an incredible reputation hereLevity has an incredible reputation hereLevity has an incredible reputation hereLevity has an incredible reputation hereLevity has an incredible reputation hereLevity has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Macho Man
The cheapest 1 bedroom apartments near me are like 1200 a month before utlities

Same here. So cal local?
Levity is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 02:09 PM   #24
highwhey
el vato encabronado

Quote:
Originally Posted by boozehound
depends on how you want to live. IF you can really hold about 1100 after rent and utilities (including phone, internet and cable[which is a wasteIMO]), you will be fine. again, dont eat out very often and dont go to bars a lot. learn to cook and eat leftovers for lunch. dont waste $ on frivolous shit and keep to a budget. You will probably miss out on some fun, but being on your own is probably worth it (and a lot of fun in its own right).
appreciate the pointers. i definitely hope to gain experience with being on my own. it's the primary reason i am wanting to move out, i'm actually quite comfortable at my parents but i'm 21 and need to start becoming more independent. while it may sound a bit odd, i am more responsible when i'm on my own than with my parents, at least in the sense of everyday life things. it's sort of one of those situations where i won't take the leap because i know i don't have to, but i'm just going to force myself to do it to get it over with.
Old 03-26-2013, 02:13 PM   #25
The Macho Man
Randy Savage

The Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levity
Same here. So cal local?

15 mins out of DC
Old 03-26-2013, 02:16 PM   #26
DMV2
World Champ

DMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Rose
That is damn great income for a part time job.

Here's my monthly expenses w/ the blessings of Texas.

Rent - $216
Utilities - $50
Insurance - $75
Groceries - $50
Going out/eating out - $50-100
Gas - $200 (covered by tips at work)

Income - $800/month (not including tipis which cover all my gas anyway)

Beat that!!!!!
That's how much rent is where I am. Why is Texas and the Southwest(excluding Cali) is so cheap on rent?
DMV2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 02:17 PM   #27
highwhey
el vato encabronado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levity
with proper budgeting, 1600 a month should lead to a pretty decent life for a college student. Granted, you cut back on partying or just pregame at home. Also, home cooking will save you big bucks in the long run

However, once you get a girlfriend, thats most likely will eat up a lot of that extra cash, whether you like it or not.
i took a girl out on a couple dates these past 2 weekends. i ended up spending around 150-200 each date. so yeah, i aint dating until school is done with.

machoman- you live in dc though right? that is ridiculous anyhow. you could rent a modern apartment dowtown for that price.
Old 03-26-2013, 02:20 PM   #28
The Macho Man
Randy Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by highwhey
i took a girl out on a couple dates these past 2 weekends. i ended up spending around 150-200 each date. so yeah, i aint dating until school is done with.

machoman- you live in dc though right? that is ridiculous anyhow. you could rent a modern apartment dowtown for that price.

If I was closer to dc it would be like 1800+ a month

Anyhow I'll see you soon. Gonna buy a whole city block down there.
Old 03-26-2013, 02:22 PM   #29
highwhey
el vato encabronado

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Macho Man
If I was closer to dc it would be like 1800+ a month

Anyhow I'll see you soon. Gonna buy a whole city block down there.
yeah property is generally affordable here.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: