Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 03-25-2013, 02:52 PM   #1
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default "Proof of Heaven" - best selling book by athiest neurosurgeon that had an NDE

anyone familiar with this or read it?

http://www.eternea.org/Eben_Alexande...raphy_eben.htm

Dr. Eben Alexander, III, M.D.

someone told me about this book last night, I didn't know about...apparently this man was a atheist Dr. who also assumed that NDEs were products of the brain that we just hadn't been able to explain yet (like many posters here). Then he gets a rare brain desease, "bacterial meningitis-encephalitis" and goes into a coma and flat-lines...comes back a believer in God.

And like everyone that has an NDE, he comes back saying that the afterlife is "more real" than life here on Earth...and there is no one that can tell him that what he had as a dream of some sort.

I will be buying this book

Last edited by -p.tiddy- : 03-25-2013 at 02:58 PM.
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 03:01 PM   #2
Stuckey
ifirtworld

Stuckey has a terrific reputationStuckey has a terrific reputationStuckey has a terrific reputationStuckey has a terrific reputationStuckey has a terrific reputationStuckey has a terrific reputation
Default Re: "Proof of Heaven" - best selling book by athiest neurosurgeon that had an NDE

why pay to read

theres hundreds of NDE stories you can read online for free
Stuckey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 03:03 PM   #3
Nanners
Decent college freshman

Nanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: "Proof of Heaven" - best selling book by athiest neurosurgeon that had an NDE

Misleading title for this book, should be called "how i changed my *opinion* of heaven" or something along those lines.
Nanners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 03:04 PM   #4
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuckey
why pay to read

theres hundreds of NDE stories you can read online for free
and I have read many...

there aren't that many written by neurosurgeons though

according to the person that told me about this book, he brings science into the book A LOT...which I think would be refreshing to read about this from someone that is very familiar with the brain, rather than just an average Joe.
Old 03-25-2013, 03:05 PM   #5
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanners
Misleading title for this book, should be called "how i changed my *opinion* of heaven" or something along those lines.
it isn't meant to be literal obviously...just a book title
Old 03-25-2013, 03:10 PM   #6
The Macho Man
Randy Savage

The Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
anyone familiar with this or read it?

http://www.eternea.org/Eben_Alexande...raphy_eben.htm

Dr. Eben Alexander, III, M.D.

someone told me about this book last night, I didn't know about...apparently this man was a atheist Dr. who also assumed that NDEs were products of the brain that we just hadn't been able to explain yet (like many posters here). Then he gets a rare brain desease, "bacterial meningitis-encephalitis" and goes into a coma and flat-lines...comes back a believer in God.

And like everyone that has an NDE, he comes back saying that the afterlife is "more real" than life here on Earth...and there is no one that can tell him that what he had as a dream of some sort.

I will be buying this book

I'm almost certain we discussed this book before.

You hittin the bottle again? Little stressed from that baby?
The Macho Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 03:11 PM   #7
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

rufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

This book was being touted heavily awhile back by some of my super religious friends on Facebook so I ignored it (and I believe in God).
rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 03:16 PM   #8
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Macho Man
I'm almost certain we discussed this book before.

You hittin the bottle again? Little stressed from that baby?
sorry, must have missed that...many of those past threads had a dozen posters throwing things my way so hard to take it all in
Old 03-25-2013, 03:17 PM   #9
Balla_Status

Balla_Status is popular on this boardBalla_Status is popular on this boardBalla_Status is popular on this boardBalla_Status is popular on this board

Not this shit again
Balla_Status is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 03:17 PM   #10
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

Quote:
Originally Posted by rufuspaul
This book was being touted heavily awhile back by some of my super religious friends on Facebook so I ignored it (and I believe in God).
from what I was told this man is not relgious...I think he does mention Christ and his importance but he is not Christian...claims that all religions point to the same principles...
Old 03-25-2013, 03:18 PM   #11
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balla_Status
Not this shit again
Old 03-25-2013, 03:19 PM   #12
Budadiiii
Banned

Budadiiii has one of the lowest reputations on this boardBudadiiii has one of the lowest reputations on this boardBudadiiii has one of the lowest reputations on this boardBudadiiii has one of the lowest reputations on this boardBudadiiii has one of the lowest reputations on this boardBudadiiii has one of the lowest reputations on this board

This guy duped gullible suckers for a small fortune.

lol.
Budadiiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 03:21 PM   #13
Draz
Like a Baoss.

Draz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I'll look into it.
Draz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 03:22 PM   #14
Draz
Like a Baoss.

Draz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budadiiii

lol.

Do you know how much a neurosurgeon earns?
Draz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 03:22 PM   #15
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budadiiii

lol.
wrong...he runs a nonprofit organization for this...

Quote:
Through his nonprofit organization, Eternea, Dr. Alexander has dedicated himself to sharing this information, promoting further research on the unifying elements of science and spirituality, and encouraging people to be inspired by the power of unconditional love in their daily lives and in their work in their communities.

like almost all NDEers, he came out devoting his life to charity work...that is super common for people who go through this
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: