Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 03-26-2013, 04:40 PM   #16
PHX_Phan
Local High School Star

PHX_Phan is a pretty well-respected posterPHX_Phan is a pretty well-respected posterPHX_Phan is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Do you still buy iPods?

Stopped buying a dedicated music player a few years back when I decided to invest in a nice smartphone. Enough space to keep the music I'm currently listening to, plenty of battery life and other apps like Pandora for music. Really no need to have another device.
PHX_Phan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 04:51 PM   #17
Draz
Like a Baoss.

Draz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I don't use my smart phone as a music player because the battery drains. I prefer to have a separate device for that.
Draz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 05:05 PM   #18
steve franchise
Local High School Star

steve franchise is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesteve franchise is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesteve franchise is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesteve franchise is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesteve franchise is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesteve franchise is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesteve franchise is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesteve franchise is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesteve franchise is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesteve franchise is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesteve franchise is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draz
There's a third party program you can use besides iTunes to export the songs out of your Ipod Touch without syncing it and losing the songs. Google how to export songs on Ipod Touch, I've done it plenty of times. Safe.

Yes, google 'Tansee iPod transfer.'
steve franchise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 06:23 PM   #19
JohnnySic
green is good

JohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation here

Still use MP3 players.
JohnnySic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 06:47 PM   #20
B-Low
The Love B-Low

B-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I just use my phone and run Spotify on that. In the cases where the song's not on spotify Ill put it on my phone's memory card and that's been good enough for me.
B-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 07:09 PM   #21
BuffaloBill
Zero Dimes

BuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I have an iphone
BuffaloBill is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 07:20 PM   #22
Bosnian Sajo
(-_-)(X_X)BB(9_9)(^_^)

Bosnian Sajo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBosnian Sajo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBosnian Sajo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBosnian Sajo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBosnian Sajo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBosnian Sajo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBosnian Sajo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBosnian Sajo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBosnian Sajo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:

There's a third party program you can use besides iTunes to export the songs out of your Ipod Touch without syncing it and losing the songs. Google how to export songs on Ipod Touch, I've done it plenty of times. Safe.

Im good, I got my Galaxy S3 for my new music
Bosnian Sajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 07:26 PM   #23
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
I don't use my smart phone as a music player because the battery drains. I prefer to have a separate device for that.
Same.

My phone is for games and well, being a phone. I still have my 16 gig Nano from a few years ago that works great.
Qwyjibo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 07:47 PM   #24
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

knickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Yes and I only use my ipod at the gym or walking a long distance.
knickballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 07:58 PM   #25
Rake2204
7-time NBA All-Star

Rake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myth
I got an ipod for Christmas about 6 years ago. It is the only one I have ever owned.
Just about the same with me. I got a hand-me-down ipod from my little brother and that's what I've been using since.

I drive a lot and I do not own a smart phone, so the ipod is my sole means of listening to music on the road (my radio and CD player do not work, though I'd prefer the ipod over them anyhow). I use the ipod occasionally for running and also with my XBox360. I was never in a rush to get one but once I did, I became a big fan. I suppose things may be different if I had a phone that could double as a music device, but I do not.
Rake2204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 08:01 PM   #26
ballup
Fool Disguised Genius

ballup is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableballup is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableballup is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableballup is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableballup is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableballup is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableballup is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableballup is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableballup is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableballup is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableballup is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. I'm So Rad
I've had the same iPod I got for Christmas back in '09
Same but from the summer of '10 as a gift.
ballup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 08:11 PM   #27
Scholar
Gawdbe GOATsol Nashty

Scholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

My wife gave me her first gen iPod Touch. I didn't know it was the 1st gen until this thread. I thought it was at least the 3rd gen. I love this thing. I can only imagine how great the newer ones are.

I think smart phones have made iPods irrelevant but the iPod makes it so that I don't need a smart phone. I rock a MetroPCS phone with a QWERTY keyboard that everyone desired until about early 2009. The iPod is for everything else. I don't leave the house without it, and I rarely listen to music.
Scholar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 08:13 PM   #28
Scholar
Gawdbe GOATsol Nashty

Scholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rake2204
Just about the same with me. I got a hand-me-down ipod from my little brother and that's what I've been using since.

I drive a lot and I do not own a smart phone, so the ipod is my sole means of listening to music on the road (my radio and CD player do not work, though I'd prefer the ipod over them anyhow). I use the ipod occasionally for running and also with my XBox360. I was never in a rush to get one but once I did, I became a big fan. I suppose things may be different if I had a phone that could double as a music device, but I do not.

Sounds more like a hand-me-up.
Scholar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 08:23 PM   #29
Rake2204
7-time NBA All-Star

Rake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scholar
Sounds more like a hand-me-up.
Ha, true. That's how I was originally put it, but I didn't know if that was a thing.
Rake2204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 08:41 PM   #30
enayes
Decent college freshman

enayes is considered somewhat coolenayes is considered somewhat coolenayes is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by PistonsFan#21
i would listen to my Ipod atleast once a day for the past year. Lost it a few days ago though

It was the 160gb classic Ipod. Cost me close to $300 at the time i bought it.

I found one of these a few days ago, sold it on eBay for $120.
enayes is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: