Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 02-04-2007, 02:48 PM   #1
bigdaddybluesman
Local High School Star

Default Frye........

I really like the kid. He seems like a good person and has really nice parents.

But he might be a little immature. He also might be a little sheltered. There are some hardcore guys in the NBA. I think he is having a little trouble adjusting to it.

He scored 18 points and had 7 rebounds in 26 minutes. Also a block and 2 assists. But 5 personal fouls......

Those are some really good numbers. I think he tries too hard on help defense and that hurts him, he makes too many fouls.

Again I feel Curry's lack of defense is hurting Frye and Lee. They are fouling too much because they are trying to do too much and make up for Curry.

There is not help defense for them when they have to cover the great NBA players at the 3 and 4. That's were most of the great one's play now, at the 3 and 4, they need a little help. But they seem to always be on their own.

I don't think Isiah is using him well and he is an afterthought. Everything revolves around Curry and that is wrong. Frye seems like the odd man out and Isiah has to find a way to get him more involved in the offense.
bigdaddybluesman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 03:39 PM   #2
ChanningShamgod
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Default Re: Frye........

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdaddybluesman
I really like the kid. He seems like a good person and has really nice parents.

But he might be a little immature. He also might be a little sheltered. There are some hardcore guys in the NBA. I think he is having a little trouble adjusting to it.

He scored 18 points and had 7 rebounds in 26 minutes. Also a block and 2 assists. But 5 personal fouls......

Those are some really good numbers. I think he tries too hard on help defense and that hurts him, he makes too many fouls.

Again I feel Curry's lack of defense is hurting Frye and Lee. They are fouling too much because they are trying to do too much and make up for Curry.

There is not help defense for them when they have to cover the great NBA players at the 3 and 4. That's were most of the great one's play now, at the 3 and 4, they need a little help. But they seem to always be on their own.

I don't think Isiah is using him well and he is an afterthought. Everything revolves around Curry and that is wrong. Frye seems like the odd man out and Isiah has to find a way to get him more involved in the offense.

I'm wondering if Jerome James starting at the 5 and Frye coming of the bench will help resolve that situation.
ChanningShamgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 04:57 PM   #3
shafir
I>You. Get over it.

James had two blocked shots in 15 minutes. But also 4 fouls. We won the game, so we'll have to see how long this experiment lasts.
shafir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 10:36 AM   #4
Jballer
Local High School Star

So actually I dont "belong" on these boards...I'm a Toronto guy.

But what is up with Frye? I am curious. Whats your take?

Do the Knicks fans see this guy as the future?

Is Frye the 5 you build around 5 years out from now?

Saw a NY Times article that labeled him an enigma or a 7 foot jump shooting role play type of guy.

A lot of people were saying the same things about Marcus Camby a number of years back and he turned out to be pretty damn servicable. Not a franchise guy at 5 - but still in the top half when he is heathy.

Whats the Knicks opinion. Does Frye stay? Does he go? Do you build him into the future 5 years form now? Is he another Camby or better?
Jballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 11:13 AM   #5
bigdaddybluesman
Local High School Star

I have a feeling Frye will end up being a star on another team who knows how to use him.

He's a quiet guy and not a trash talking in your face type.

I see him as a poor man's Duncan. Not putting up the same numbers but close.

Zeke is clueless what to do with him.

The world revolves around Curry in Zeke's universe and that will be his and the Knicks undoing not to mention Frye's.

I like the guy, I like his game and his competitiveness. He works hard in practice and during the game. Zeke's reward to him is to bench him. He already ruined Jefferies by expecting him to be the second coming, now Jefferies had zero confidence and is on the bench. Great work Isiah........
Old 02-05-2007, 05:45 PM   #6
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdaddybluesman
I have a feeling Frye will end up being a star on another team who knows how to use him.

He's a quiet guy and not a trash talking in your face type.

I see him as a poor man's Duncan. Not putting up the same numbers but close.

Zeke is clueless what to do with him.

The world revolves around Curry in Zeke's universe and that will be his and the Knicks undoing not to mention Frye's.

I like the guy, I like his game and his competitiveness. He works hard in practice and during the game. Zeke's reward to him is to bench him. He already ruined Jefferies by expecting him to be the second coming, now Jefferies had zero confidence and is on the bench. Great work Isiah........

Zeke should have benched him sooner. Frye is a disappointment to me. I think he can improve but right now his 10 and 5 are pathetic.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 07:59 PM   #7
Starks4Ever
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Zeke said it himself. Frye is now an 18 foot jump shot guy. I have been saying all year (to anyone that will listen) that Frye is a 2-guard with no handle who is 6-10. I hate the fact that Frye has NO postups moves whatsover and no presence down low. I love E-City but the fact that he is not a difference maker on D is why James is needed. I like the lineup. That lineup had success at the end of the first half of game a couple weeks ago (can't remember against who) and I say stay with it while it is working.
Starks4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 10:59 PM   #8
bigdaddybluesman
Local High School Star

I don't agree, I have seen him work very well on the low post offensively and defensively.

I think it's Curry who is holding him back. The coaching staff has not defined what they want him to do and defer to Curry. They have not made room for him and don't run any plays for him at all. It all about getting the ball to Curry. Since Curry doesn't pass once Frye gives the ball up he never sees it again. Even Marbury said that about Curry.

He's a little TOO coach friendly. He's trying to please the coaches and not get in Curry's way. Instead of taking charge.

He has to wake up and play his game and be more forceful.

The Knicks are going to end up trading Frye and he will be a very good player for another team. Maybe an Allstar.

So Curry score 25 points and they lose. I'd rather have 6 guys in double figures with nobody scoring more than 20 points and win.
Old 02-06-2007, 06:34 PM   #9
Amigo
Knicks Fan 4 Life

I like Frye as well. I do find him playing worse than last season. I don't see him as the future but I do see him as a key component for this team in the future. It's just a matter of fitting the right pieces around him in order for him to shine. I can tell he's a good guy as well. He's not a dirty player and is one of the Knicks that least complains a call if that.

I definitely like him more than Jerome James, Jefferies and Malik. Only time will tell.
Amigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 09:40 PM   #10
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

Lets analyze this......Curry get 7 boards and no blocks and he is OVERRATED.
Frye gets 5 boards and no blocks and he is working hard on defense.....
We should have traded Frye when he had some value. Now everyone sees him as a 265 pound shooting guard.
Old 02-06-2007, 10:42 PM   #11
bigdaddybluesman
Local High School Star

This is Curry's 6th year in the NBA......yet he's playing like a second year player.
Old 02-06-2007, 11:09 PM   #12
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

Frye is underachieving considereding he was touted as a lottery pick last year. he doesn't do anything well. And BTW, he is 23 with years of college "basketball grooming". He actually had better stats last year. This year he bulked up more muscle just to shoot jumpers.
Old 02-07-2007, 12:20 AM   #13
bigdaddybluesman
Local High School Star

I do say he is confused out there. I have a feeling he's going to be traded and will be an excellent player for somebody else.

Lee will probably be our starting PF with Curry at the 5.

Frye is starting to remind me of Tim Thomas, but I like Frye and do not like Thomas.

I really hope Channing gets his act together and stops being "SOFT" like they said he was in college. Maybe he just doesn't have the mentality yet to play the Pro game. Like Curry had to be told to man up and stop acting like a wimp out there.

Lee is a born pro with that intangible you can't measure.

Just the opposite of Jerome James.
Old 02-08-2007, 08:08 AM   #14
mghubs27
I airball my layups

there probably been startin jerome james so they can have frye posting up more...is that why hes been puttin on so much muscle?
mghubs27 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: