Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-27-2013, 01:25 PM   #16
97 bulls
5-time NBA All-Star
 
97 bulls's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 11,740
97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Scottie Pippen - Made Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by KOBE143
"I know he makes me a better player. Unfortunately, it may take a while, after we both retire, for people to realize just how good Scottie Pippen really was."

-MJ



Pippen is really one of the most underrated player of all time..
Exactly. I wish he wouldve included the quote from Chuck Daly when he said Pippen was the most important player on the 92 dream team.
97 bulls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 01:40 PM   #17
kuniva_dAMiGhTy
The First School
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 10,234
kuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation herekuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation herekuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation herekuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation herekuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation herekuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation herekuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation herekuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Scottie Pippen - Made Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97 bulls
Lol what agenda? 90% of the video was quotes from teammates, opponants and coaches about what made Pippen great. There was nothing wrong with this video other than it flies in the face of the rediculous assumtions made by you and people like you.

Youre pathetic. Id have more respect for you if you would just come out and say you dont like Scottie Pippen

I'm not talking about the video. Look at his posts under the comment section. Clear agenda. That clown ALSO goes by the username "TheRiggedBA".

Here are some of his videos.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9M-KCulzJqg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mmlfiMDUTQ4

And no, I don't hate Pippen. He's actually one of my favorite players ever.
kuniva_dAMiGhTy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 01:48 PM   #18
ProfessorMurder
I am your soldier!
 
ProfessorMurder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: In the year 2525
Posts: 25,977
ProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Scottie Pippen - Made Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuniva_dAMiGhTy
Not only did this guy take footage that other uploaders (scottie33pippen, drogetti, etc.) worked hard to cut and edit

Taking clips isn't a f*cking crime. The NBA is the only one that owns the rights to them... And do you expect every person who's made a mix to cap and cut all their own footage? That's insane.
ProfessorMurder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 01:52 PM   #19
kuniva_dAMiGhTy
The First School
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 10,234
kuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation herekuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation herekuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation herekuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation herekuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation herekuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation herekuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation herekuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Scottie Pippen - Made Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessorMurder
Taking clips isn't a f*cking crime. The NBA is the only one that owns the rights to them... And do you expect every person who's made a mix to cap and cut all their own footage? That's insane.

It is when you take the time to digitize YOUR vhs tapes; when you plunk the coin for editing software to cut and edit said footage.

The least these people can do is download the full games and edit their footage themselves. The begging to these videos are stolen from a number of mixes. That's ****ing lame.
kuniva_dAMiGhTy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 01:53 PM   #20
97 bulls
5-time NBA All-Star
 
97 bulls's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 11,740
97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Scottie Pippen - Made Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuniva_dAMiGhTy
I'm not talking about the video. Look at his posts under the comment section. Clear agenda. That clown ALSO goes by the username "TheRiggedBA".

Here are some of his videos.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9M-KCulzJqg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mmlfiMDUTQ4

And no, I don't hate Pippen. He's actually one of my favorite players ever.
Lol OK. I see your point. I apologize and stand corrected. All in all its a video that shiws Pippens greatness and how he was regarded.

Again, I see why youd say the creator if the video has an agenda. But I saw nothing wrong with the video.
97 bulls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 03:45 PM   #21
eeemmad
I airball my layups
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 50
eeemmad has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Scottie Pippen - Made Man

Is it just me or does Scottie remind anyone of Lebron? The way I see it - Scottie was an A-, Lebron is an A. What separates the two of them is that Lebron is the first option offensively, while Scottie was second fiddle to Jordan for most of his career which led him to be more defensively focused. Here is a comparison of cumulative stats for Scottie, Lebron and Larry Bird in their 10th season (I throw in Larry just because we're in talking about great SFs).

Player From To G GS MP FG FGA FG% 3P 3PA 3P% FT FTA FT% ORB DRB TRB AST STL BLK TOV PF PTS
1 L. Bird* 1980 1989 717 690 38.4 9.8 19.6 .503 0.6 1.7 .377 4.6 5.3 .880 2.2 8.0 10.2 6.1 1.8 0.8 3.2 2.7 25.0
2 L. James 2004 2013 759 758 39.8 9.9 20.2 .489 1.3 4.0 .336 6.5 8.7 .747 1.2 6.0 7.3 6.9 1.7 0.8 3.3 1.9 27.6
3 S. Pippen* 1988 1997 789 693 35.7 7.1 14.7 .485 0.7 2.3 .329 2.9 4.3 .688 2.0 4.8 6.9 5.3 2.1 0.9 2.9 3.0 17.9


Somethings that jump out to me:
- Lebron and Scottie shot nearly the same FG%, but Lebron averages about 5.5 more FGA which explains the difference in points averaged.
- From Larry to Lebron we see an increase in 3Pt shooting happening which probably could be attributed to the increased significance of the 3Pt shot in todays game.
- Lebron gets to the free throw line more often than Scottie but that is probably due Lebron being the number one option offensively while Scottie had Jordan.
- Lebron gets more rebounds than Scottie, but Scottie gets more ORebounds. Also, Scottie gets more steals than Lebron. If Lebron were to play Scottie's role, I think that his defensive stats would be much better than Scottie's

The way I see the two of them is that Lebron is a rich mans Scottie. Both of them had the ability to play point forward but one is first option and the other was the second option. Lebron's role on his team has him being more offensively focused, while Scottie was more focused on defense and intangibles because he had Jordan. The main difference I see between them two is their athletic ability which contributes to their role on the team.

TL;DR - Lebron and Scottie are similar players; one was the first option, the other was the second option; Lebron is more offensively focused, while Scottie focused on Defense and intangibles; Lebron is much more athletic than Scottie

My two cents
eeemmad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 03:50 PM   #22
SyRyanYang
Decent college freshman
 
SyRyanYang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: AKLD,NZ
Posts: 2,746
SyRyanYang is starting to rub some people the wrong waySyRyanYang is starting to rub some people the wrong way
Default Re: Scottie Pippen - Made Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by eeemmad
Is it just me or does Scottie remind anyone of Lebron? The way I see it - Scottie was an A-, Lebron is an A. What separates the two of them is that Lebron is the first option offensively, while Scottie was second fiddle to Jordan for most of his career which led him to be more defensively focused. Here is a comparison of cumulative stats for Scottie, Lebron and Larry Bird in their 10th season (I throw in Larry just because we're in talking about great SFs).

Player From To G GS MP FG FGA FG% 3P 3PA 3P% FT FTA FT% ORB DRB TRB AST STL BLK TOV PF PTS
1 L. Bird* 1980 1989 717 690 38.4 9.8 19.6 .503 0.6 1.7 .377 4.6 5.3 .880 2.2 8.0 10.2 6.1 1.8 0.8 3.2 2.7 25.0
2 L. James 2004 2013 759 758 39.8 9.9 20.2 .489 1.3 4.0 .336 6.5 8.7 .747 1.2 6.0 7.3 6.9 1.7 0.8 3.3 1.9 27.6
3 S. Pippen* 1988 1997 789 693 35.7 7.1 14.7 .485 0.7 2.3 .329 2.9 4.3 .688 2.0 4.8 6.9 5.3 2.1 0.9 2.9 3.0 17.9


Somethings that jump out to me:
- Lebron and Scottie shot nearly the same FG%, but Lebron averages about 5.5 more FGA which explains the difference in points averaged.
- From Larry to Lebron we see an increase in 3Pt shooting happening which probably could be attributed to the increased significance of the 3Pt shot in todays game.
- Lebron gets to the free throw line more often than Scottie but that is probably due Lebron being the number one option offensively while Scottie had Jordan.
- Lebron gets more rebounds than Scottie, but Scottie gets more ORebounds. Also, Scottie gets more steals than Lebron. If Lebron were to play Scottie's role, I think that his defensive stats would be much better than Scottie's

The way I see the two of them is that Lebron is a rich mans Scottie. Both of them had the ability to play point forward but one is first option and the other was the second option. Lebron's role on his team has him being more offensively focused, while Scottie was more focused on defense and intangibles because he had Jordan. The main difference I see between them two is their athletic ability which contributes to their role on the team.

TL;DR - Lebron and Scottie are similar players; one was the first option, the other was the second option; Lebron is more offensively focused, while Scottie focused on Defense and intangibles; Lebron is much more athletic than Scottie

My two cents
Agree with everything except this. Scottie was a freak of nature too.
SyRyanYang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 05:55 AM   #23
LeBird
Good High School Starter
 
LeBird's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 927
LeBird has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Scottie Pippen - Made Man

For me the Tex Winter quote, where he says that Jordan probably needed Pippen more than Pippen needed him, explains a lot. Not that it means Pippen was better than Jordan, but that Jordan needed Pippen so that he could play his natural game and Pippen did that by being complete enough to do anything necessary, when it was necessary. I am not sure Jordan wins a ring without Pippen; although I am fairly positive Pippen could've gotten in a groove with many other fantastic players and eventually won a ring.
LeBird is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:11 PM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy