Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 03-27-2013, 04:47 AM   #16
macmac
Gov'n

macmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Teach an old schooler about "Jorts"

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
Fixed. Outside of playing ball or being at the gym there's never a reason for a grown man (read: post college) to wear shorts.

I dunno man, when I go on vacation down south, I like having the option of wearing shorts here and there man....real light, gives your balls airflow, you can keep a money clip and your keys in the pockets, and it's light as hell and you can wear them with flip flops if you around a beach.....to me, some shorts are necessary, you just gotta find the right ones
macmac is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 04:57 AM   #17
chains5000
From Out Of Nowhere

chains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Fixed. Outside of playing ball or being at the gym there's never a reason for a grown man (read: post college) to wear shorts.
Disagree. There's places too hot for anything but shorts.
Unless you like having your lower body all sweaty.
chains5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 05:21 AM   #18
Patrick Chewing
Knicks fan since 1981

Patrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:

Ever been to Florida? Shorts is a necessity my friend and every man no matter what the age wears 'em.

Patrick Chewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 06:13 AM   #19
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

InspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by macmac
I dunno man, when I go on vacation down south, I like having the option of wearing shorts here and there man....real light, gives your balls airflow, you can keep a money clip and your keys in the pockets, and it's light as hell and you can wear them with flip flops if you around a beach.....to me, some shorts are necessary, you just gotta find the right ones
Beach is one thing I suppose, guess I may've overstated on the "never a reason." I'm on a cruise or a beach vacation that's fine, that's true. I was talking about general everyday life. If a guy can't handle wearing a pair of cotton slacks on a workday, where unless he works outside he's outdoors what, 15 minutes?, he needs to suck it up. Regardless of how much a guy may admire his calves in the mirror with his ankle socks while giving fist pounds, it is not a good look, be a professional. Look good, feel good. Showing off some hairy ass lower legs does not look good.

All that said, if you're married or have a long term old lady, who gives a shit. But you'll look like a dork.
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 06:13 AM   #20
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

InspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Chewing
Ever been to Florida? Shorts is a necessity my friend and every man no matter what the age wears 'em.

This is fine if you're 16. Frat bros for life.
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 06:21 AM   #21
embersyc
Lurker

embersyc has a terrific reputationembersyc has a terrific reputationembersyc has a terrific reputationembersyc has a terrific reputationembersyc has a terrific reputationembersyc has a terrific reputation

ITT: Grown men giving a shit about how other grown men are dressed.
embersyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 06:35 AM   #22
Patrick Chewing
Knicks fan since 1981

Patrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
This is fine if you're 16. Frat bros for life.

LOL your balls must smell like musky vinegar and garlic on rotting cabbage then
Patrick Chewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 09:08 AM   #23
bmulls
Great college starter

bmulls has a near all-star reputation herebmulls has a near all-star reputation herebmulls has a near all-star reputation herebmulls has a near all-star reputation herebmulls has a near all-star reputation herebmulls has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Chewing

Cargo shorts are lamer than jorts
bmulls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 09:11 AM   #24
Budadiiii
Banned

Budadiiii has one of the lowest reputations on this boardBudadiiii has one of the lowest reputations on this boardBudadiiii has one of the lowest reputations on this boardBudadiiii has one of the lowest reputations on this boardBudadiiii has one of the lowest reputations on this boardBudadiiii has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Quote:
You're incredibly narrow minded.
Budadiiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 09:27 AM   #25
Rake2204
5-time NBA All-Star

Rake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I am not a fan of jorts. However, I've come to realize if we all followed every rule every person has about every piece of clothing, we'd likely all be wearing the same pair of not-too-baggy but not-too-tight slacks every single day for the rest of our lives.

I'm not sure I understand the resistance against shorts in general though. Even in Michigan, a state that's only hot for half of the year, it seems as if everyone wears shorts in the summer and I cannot imagine it any other way. I admit I'm a little concerned about how I look to others, but not to the point of being incredibly uncomfortable by wearing pants every day in 90 degree weather unless I'm at the beach.

Last edited by Rake2204 : 03-27-2013 at 09:30 AM.
Rake2204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 09:28 AM   #26
SilkkTheShocker
RAY ALLEN FOR 3..BANG!

SilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budadiiii
You're incredibly narrow minded.

You're 12 years old.
SilkkTheShocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 10:17 AM   #27
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

When I hear the term "jorts" I always think of small jeans that were cut off...the trailer park look...

I live in Texas and I rarely wear shorts ever...I work all day, and I don't play sports any more....the only time I wear shorts is when I decide to work out or go swimming...it really doesn't even make things that much cooler, in fact all the road workers and lawn workers wear jeans and long sleaves during the summer because it traps your sweat in making it cooler...I believe soldiers are taught that as well...if ever stuck in bad heat keep your clothes on, don't strip.

Now that I have a son that will change soon I think, as I will be involved in his sports and outdoor activities.
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 10:20 AM   #28
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Florida is a different beast because of the insane humidity.

I think that might be the one state that shorts are an absolute must...its tropical there.

And Hawaii I guess
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 10:46 AM   #29
Rake2204
5-time NBA All-Star

Rake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
When I hear the term "jorts" I always think of small jeans that were cut off...the trailer park look...

I live in Texas and I rarely wear shorts ever...I work all day, and I don't play sports any more....the only time I wear shorts is when I decide to work out or go swimming...it really doesn't even make things that much cooler, in fact all the road workers and lawn workers wear jeans and long sleaves during the summer because it traps your sweat in making it cooler...I believe soldiers are taught that as well...if ever stuck in bad heat keep your clothes on, don't strip.

Now that I have a son that will change soon I think, as I will be involved in his sports and outdoor activities.
Hmm, to each their own, I suppose. Personally, after a long summer's day work, even if I work indoors, I cannot wait to change into something with breathability once I get home. Perhaps that also has to do with the fact I do not have air conditioning in my house, though I find myself doing the same even when in an AC environment.

Still, only speaking for myself, I cannot imagine watching the news on a Saturday morning, seeing it's going to be 97 degrees that day, then consciously opting to put on a pair of jeans or pants for a my trip out to the grocery or otherwise.

Also, before you brought it up, I'd never heard that road and lawn workers wore jeans and long sleeves because it kept them cooler. My understanding was always that they wore those outfits to cover their entire body, hence protecting them from the sun, since they're working outside all day every single day, and also to a lesser extent perhaps to prevent injury from debris.

And just a theory, but I've heard stripping when extremely cold is a sign of hypothermia - perhaps it's the same for those suffering from heat stroke or heat exhaustion, which may be why soldiers are told to keep their clothes on (sounds iffy though). Maybe it once again has to do with exposing their skin to the sun for long and dangerous periods of time. I just feel like trapping sweat is the last thing one would want to do. If sweat is just lingering and not evaporating, I feel as though your body would have a more difficult time cooling itself, which is why humid days are so miserable.

Last edited by Rake2204 : 03-27-2013 at 10:48 AM.
Rake2204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 11:08 AM   #30
highwhey
el vato encabronado

highwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by macmac
this. khaki shorts are perfect for hot weather. those are the only shorts i will wear. when it gets to 110 weather here in phoneix, the heat still remains in the evning and you have to be some out of town fool to be walking in jeans out in the street.
highwhey is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: