Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 03-23-2013, 11:12 PM   #1
jongib369
National High School Star

jongib369 has a terrific reputationjongib369 has a terrific reputationjongib369 has a terrific reputationjongib369 has a terrific reputationjongib369 has a terrific reputationjongib369 has a terrific reputation
Default Who would you rather build your team around - Kareem, Bird, LeBron or MJ?

Most people have MJ as the GOAT with Kareem and Larry coming close..LeBron proving hes a potential top 5 or higher every passing day....But, who would you rather build your team around? For me, it would have to be Kareem because of the center postion having an all around larger impact on the game.

Would love to hear reasons why some of you would possibly even select Bird Over MJ, which I don't think would be the wrong decision. Can't go wrong with any top 10 player.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7aLu4oc2WeY GOHD DAUM
jongib369 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 11:15 PM   #2
troyceps33
Can barely lace up my sneakers

troyceps33 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Who would you rather build your team around - Kareem, Bird, LeBron or MJ?

Assuming I don't know how their careers are going to pan out, Kareem
troyceps33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 11:16 PM   #3
jongib369

jongib369 has a terrific reputationjongib369 has a terrific reputationjongib369 has a terrific reputationjongib369 has a terrific reputationjongib369 has a terrific reputationjongib369 has a terrific reputation
Default Re: Who would you rather build your team around - Kareem, Bird, LeBron or MJ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by troyceps33
Assuming I don't know how their careers are going to pan out, Kareem
And if you do?

Technically you wouldn't since you would be drafting them and making a team, thus any accomplishment they did make doesn't mean anything other than individual
Old 03-23-2013, 11:18 PM   #4
troyceps33
Can barely lace up my sneakers

troyceps33 has an OK reputation so far

Probably still Kareem
troyceps33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 11:20 PM   #5
jongib369

Quote:
Originally Posted by troyceps33
Probably still Kareem
I feel like I'm on ****in Mt Everest right now , MY OPINION IS SHARED

Old 03-23-2013, 11:22 PM   #6
Mr. Jabbar
Xmas MVP

Mr. Jabbar has a near all-star reputation hereMr. Jabbar has a near all-star reputation hereMr. Jabbar has a near all-star reputation hereMr. Jabbar has a near all-star reputation hereMr. Jabbar has a near all-star reputation hereMr. Jabbar has a near all-star reputation here

Jabbar, no questions asked.
Mr. Jabbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 11:23 PM   #7
BuffaloBill
Blue Bomber

BuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Kareem

Lebron
Bird
MJ

Based on who I would build my team around.
BuffaloBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 11:24 PM   #8
jongib369

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Jabbar
Jabbar, no questions asked.
Old 03-23-2013, 11:24 PM   #9
Micku
NBA lottery pick

Micku is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMicku is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMicku is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMicku is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMicku is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMicku is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMicku is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMicku is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Bird or Kareem.

Both completely change the franchise that they were in their rookie year. Kareem took a 27 win team to a 56 win team. Bird took a 29 win team to a 61 win team. Bird had more success in a short time frame, but Kareem had more longevity.

You won't go wrong with either of those players, but it depends on the teammates surrounding them. I just think Bird and Kareem would offer the most success in their rookie year and continuing to do so through out their careers.
Micku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 11:26 PM   #10
elementally morale
College superstar

elementally morale has a terrific reputationelementally morale has a terrific reputationelementally morale has a terrific reputationelementally morale has a terrific reputationelementally morale has a terrific reputation

If I don't know how they would play, Kareem and then LeBron. If I do, Bird and then Jordan.
elementally morale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 11:26 PM   #11
jongib369

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micku
Bird or Kareem.

Both completely change the franchise that they were in their rookie year. Kareem took a 27 win team to a 56 win team. Bird took a 29 win team to a 61 win team. Bird had more success in a short time frame, but Kareem had more longevity.

You won't go wrong with either of those players, but it depends on the teammates surrounding them. I just think Bird and Kareem would offer the most success in their rookie year and continuing to do so through out their careers.

Only a few players I know of off the top of my head that had that large of an impact on their team the first year
Old 03-23-2013, 11:27 PM   #12
pauk
NBA Legend

pauk has an incredible reputation herepauk has an incredible reputation herepauk has an incredible reputation herepauk has an incredible reputation herepauk has an incredible reputation herepauk has an incredible reputation here

Thats.... a tough one...
pauk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 11:29 PM   #13
jongib369

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauk
Thats.... a tough one...
Lol idk if you're being sarcastic or not but would love to hear your opinion if you can make up your mind

Known on here as a LeBron fan right? Guessing you'd choose him. Which I can respect LeBron is a ****ing monster. Need to see him play before he retires
Old 03-23-2013, 11:30 PM   #14
elementally morale
College superstar

elementally morale has a terrific reputationelementally morale has a terrific reputationelementally morale has a terrific reputationelementally morale has a terrific reputationelementally morale has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by elementally morale
If I don't know how they would play, Kareem and then LeBron. If I do, Bird and then Jordan.

If I don't know how they will pan out:

1. Kareem
2. LeBron
3. Bird
4. MJ

If I do:
EDIT: longevity taken into account.

1.a Kareem
1.b Bird
3. MJ
4. LeBron

That's my final answer.

Last edited by elementally morale : 03-23-2013 at 11:34 PM.
elementally morale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 11:31 PM   #15
Mr. Jabbar
Xmas MVP

Mr. Jabbar has a near all-star reputation hereMr. Jabbar has a near all-star reputation hereMr. Jabbar has a near all-star reputation hereMr. Jabbar has a near all-star reputation hereMr. Jabbar has a near all-star reputation hereMr. Jabbar has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauk
Thats.... a tough one...

not really. once you scratch lebron and compare the others 3 achievements & longevity Kareems name instantly appears as the obvious choice
Mr. Jabbar is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: