Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 03-28-2013, 03:19 PM   #16
DuMa
Canned

Default Re: World War Z - TRAILER 2

looks like a very predictable movie
DuMa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 03:27 PM   #17
Patrick Chewing
Cobra Kai Sensei

Can't take Brad seriously since Troy
Patrick Chewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 03:28 PM   #18
niko
I Run NY.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riddler
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4EC7P5WdUko

I'll spend $8.00 on this... looks entertaining enough to go to the theater.
You can go to the movies for $8? Where?
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 03:48 PM   #19
28renyoy
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
You can go to the movies for $8? Where?

You can go to some in the DFW area for 3.50 if you catch a matinee. Around 5.75 for regular and 8.75 for 3D at nights
28renyoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 03:52 PM   #20
glidedrxlr22
Dont H8 the Laker H8er

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorpesaurous
I suppose. But it really would have been all over the place even by those standards.

The way the book is set up is that it's after the Zombie Appocalypse, and there's a reporter travelling the world, interviewing survivors as humanity is rebuilding the world, and he's getting the stories of these survivors. That's why it's subtitle is "An Oral History".

So you'll get an entire chapter told in past tense about a family that survived by walking north where the Zombies would freeze. Or a fighter pilot that had to bail out over a swamp. Or military commander who led an attempt at an ambush in Yonkers. Or an Indian guy who was part of a plan to lead a herd up a mountain then blow out the pathway. Or a doctor doing a heart transplant. Or a group of Japanese soldiers that escaped on their nuclear submarine.
None of the chapters (or very few at least) are interconnected at all, unlike Crash where the various characters cross paths. And the chapters vary in tone and content. I listed some of the bigger chapters up there. But sometimes the smaller scale stories are even more interesting.

Truthfully the movie looks like it's probably based on the book in title only, although it is in NY, so you may see the Battle of Yonkers portrayed as a finale or something. I'd honestly probably be more interested in the movie if it were just released as a new intellectual property.

I really endorse the book highly. It's a great and easy read. And because the chapters are so loosely connected at best, you can pick it up and put it down at will. I'd actually like to read it again, which I almost never do.

I second everything in this post. It's been a few years since I read this book. As a collector of zombie books, I'm suprised I don't have this one in my collection. I borrowed it. If I had the time, I'd read it again.
glidedrxlr22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 04:25 PM   #21
AlphaWolf24
Bringer of Rain

I never read the book...but I have been reading about the Movie and some of the Books descriptions ( about the zombies)

- book = Zombies are slow and can be easily out ran....problem is there are so many of them/and they never stop attacking.

- Movie = zombies run like Usain Bolt.....can climb anything like a chimpanzee on steroids

WTF? gives
AlphaWolf24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 04:54 PM   #22
rezznor
Nosetradamus

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaWolf24
I never read the book...but I have been reading about the Movie and some of the Books descriptions ( about the zombies)

- book = Zombies are slow and can be easily out ran....problem is there are so many of them/and they never stop attacking.

- Movie = zombies run like Usain Bolt.....can climb anything like a chimpanzee on steroids

WTF? gives

yeah these zombies remind me of the ones in will smith's i am legend.
rezznor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 04:56 PM   #23
rezznor
Nosetradamus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorpesaurous
I suppose. But it really would have been all over the place even by those standards.

The way the book is set up is that it's after the Zombie Appocalypse, and there's a reporter travelling the world, interviewing survivors as humanity is rebuilding the world, and he's getting the stories of these survivors. That's why it's subtitle is "An Oral History".

So you'll get an entire chapter told in past tense about a family that survived by walking north where the Zombies would freeze. Or a fighter pilot that had to bail out over a swamp. Or military commander who led an attempt at an ambush in Yonkers. Or an Indian guy who was part of a plan to lead a herd up a mountain then blow out the pathway. Or a doctor doing a heart transplant. Or a group of Japanese soldiers that escaped on their nuclear submarine.
None of the chapters (or very few at least) are interconnected at all, unlike Crash where the various characters cross paths. And the chapters vary in tone and content. I listed some of the bigger chapters up there. But sometimes the smaller scale stories are even more interesting.

Truthfully the movie looks like it's probably based on the book in title only, although it is in NY, so you may see the Battle of Yonkers portrayed as a finale or something. I'd honestly probably be more interested in the movie if it were just released as a new intellectual property.

I really endorse the book highly. It's a great and easy read. And because the chapters are so loosely connected at best, you can pick it up and put it down at will. I'd actually like to read it again, which I almost never do.
so it's like a bunch of novellas. thanks!
rezznor is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: