Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 06-27-2006, 06:54 AM   #16
Semiprocappa
I hit open layups

Semiprocappa has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y2Gezee
The guy had a very productive season with Chicago the year before, and wasn't able to build on that as Brown cut his minutes and didn't use him right. Curry could easily be a player that averages 18-20ppg, he's not a great rebounder but I could see him getting 7-9 a game with increased minutes

The reason why he didn't get many minutes is because he is a walking offensive foul. He'd start play 2 minutes and pick up 4 points and 2 offensive fouls. And Larry would be forced to sit him. You can't blame the coach for that.
Semiprocappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 08:06 AM   #17
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat cool
Default re:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombles
That's prolly one of the worst things I've ever heard a coach do.

And he was doing so good with the 2004 Pistons. Wtf happened Larry?

the Pistons minus Rasheed were already a FInals contender.. i mean they went to the ECF already the year before (though getting thoroughly run off the floor by a Kidd/Martin led Nets)
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 09:11 AM   #18
bringthetruth
Banned

bringthetruth has no real reputation yet.
Default Wait A Minute

What kind of power does a coach have over a GM?

Larry Brown has never in the past overuled his gm in any of his previous stops.

Larry had made a proposal with the spurs ,he wanted David Robinson traded...the GM said No ....

Larry also made a proposal with the Pacers remember, he wanted Reggie Miller traded ....the GM said No ...

Larry had made request for the 76ers, Larry wanted Iverson traded...he was until Matt Geieger didn't turn down his trade kicker....The GM then said to Larry, No make it work...he did...

Larry AGAIN with the Pistons , wanted Chauncy and Tayshaun traded...the GM said No make it work

Larry also had A juice card in NY....(supposedly) said he wanted Francis and Jalen.....Isiah said yeah, sure ok....so he got them...now he wishes he didn't.

What is the pattern here? The GM is the boss, no matter what the coaches perception. I feel you are really under estimating Zeke's role in these trades. Other GM's have told Larry no, and he moved on.

Isiah is a slick used carsalesman that has his hand in the cookie jar too.
Old 06-27-2006, 09:18 AM   #19
Joey Zaza
Local High School Star

Joey Zaza is considered somewhat coolJoey Zaza is considered somewhat coolJoey Zaza is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Curry could easily be a player that averages 18-20ppg, he's not a great rebounder but I could see him getting 7-9 a game with increased minutes

One thing that has carried over from the last board -- the word "easily".

Easily? He could easily be an 18&8 guy? He never has been an 18&8 guy...but he can still do it "easily". I don't think anyone who has ever averaged 18&8 in the NBA would tell you they did it easily.

------------
This whole Larry wanted to waive business is silly. I'm sure at some point in every coaches career they wanted to waive every player they ever had. Its called frustrations with losing.

GM's are supposed ot take that and say, "We're trying to build better - what kind of player do you want? How can we work together to improve the team"
Joey Zaza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 09:29 AM   #20
bringthetruth
Banned

bringthetruth has no real reputation yet.

Why when Isiah hired Brown he didn't tell him, this team I put together is an uptempo team that needs to be coached that way.

Larry is 65 yrs old and has never coached that way before and soooooooo many people don't blame zeke is mindboggling to me.

This is something that is determined before you hire some one.

open up yor eyes zeke promised brown some changes just to lure him to NY ...and he didn't keep his promise thus all the mudslinging started !

Wait until Larry gets his money, then he'll have his say on what happened.

Just like another HOFamer did when MSG sent him their final pay check to LENNY WILKENS. He ripped zeke a knew one.
Old 06-27-2006, 12:42 PM   #21
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Larry Brown has never in the past overuled his gm in any of his previous stops.

Sixers. Thanks
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 12:57 PM   #22
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star

Rasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation here

Yeah Brown was the GM in Philly...king just did what Brown told him to....

Story sounds like a bunch of BS to me. Owner sounds like an ass. he's busy squabbling with Brown over some petty crap from last season... Does he not know his team is straight garbage?

there's awful lot of attention being paid to the wrong things in that organization...doesnt look like we'll need to worry about the knicks doing anything in the east for a long while.....
Rasheed1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 12:57 PM   #23
defmut
I hit open layups

defmut has an OK reputation so far

I'm actually rooting for the Knicks to flop again so Da Bulls can get their #1 pick again next year and get a shot at oden.
defmut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 01:01 PM   #24
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by defmut
I'm actually rooting for the Knicks to flop again so Da Bulls can get their #1 pick again next year and get a shot at oden.

If Oden comes out.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 01:04 PM   #25
BeckDiggLer
Decent playground baller

BeckDiggLer has no real reputation yet.

I think Brown wanted Thomas out and last year was his effort to do so. Why else would he do all that crazy ish. 42 freaking line-up
It just back fired on him, He felt "if I do bad enough this year Zeke's dumb azz will be gone next year and I can OK a couple of his dumb azz ideas to get the process moving quickly"(Rose and Francis).
BeckDiggLer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 01:15 PM   #26
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star

Rasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeckDiggLer
I think Brown wanted Thomas out and last year was his effort to do so. Why else would he do all that crazy ish. 42 freaking line-up
It just back fired on him, He felt "if I do bad enough this year Zeke's dumb azz will be gone next year and I can OK a couple of his dumb azz ideas to get the process moving quickly"(Rose and Francis).

great logic... 'If I f*ck up bad enough, someone else will get fired for it'

I hope he wasnt banking on that happening...
Rasheed1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 01:17 PM   #27
ALBballer
Religion? LOL? WTF?

ALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation here
Default Re:

I seriously think with Zeke as the Coach, we should win atleast 35 games. Zeke first needs to trade Francis, do the Grizzlies trade.

Francis
Malik Rose

for

Eddie Jones
Brian Cardinal

Then, I would trade Jamal Crawford for Drew Gooden (S&T) and Aleskander Pavlovic

PG: Marbury, Nate Robinson
SG: Q-Rich, Aleskander Pavlovic
SF: Eddie Jones, Jalen Rose
PF: Drew Gooden, David Lee
C: Eddy Curry, Jerome James

Add a few draft picks, and this team has to win atleast 35 games.

Then, Curry needs to work on his offensive game, especially his passing. If Currry, big if, can learn how to pass out of the double team, we can play inside-out.

But if this team is left alone, their is no way they loose less then 30 games next year.

Last edited by ALBballer : 06-27-2006 at 01:26 PM.
ALBballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 02:32 PM   #28
LakerzFan4Life
Decent playground baller

LakerzFan4Life has no real reputation yet.

Hes a crazy old man
LakerzFan4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 02:37 PM   #29
geeWiz15
Quality Posts™

geeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation here

I would have waived everybody on that team who makes over 8 mil/year without thinking twice, if not for the fact that I'd have to pay them anyway. If I could save even 2 mil per year per contract I'd have done it. They weren't winning, they weren't good, they were a pain in the ass and they didn't deserve any money much less the max contracts they had. Only player I consider keeping is Francis and MAYBE Curry, but probably not Curry.
geeWiz15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 02:39 PM   #30
BlackVVaves
NBA lottery pick

BlackVVaves is a pretty well-respected posterBlackVVaves is a pretty well-respected posterBlackVVaves is a pretty well-respected posterBlackVVaves is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Anyone who buys that story is a bonehead.

Exactly. There are two sides to every story. Those of you, like YG, who thinks all of a sudden that team will make the playoffs and Eddy Curry will put up all star numbers....just wait until this time next season when Zeke is saying buh-bye.
BlackVVaves is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: