Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 02-10-2007, 11:40 PM   #1
sydneyking
Banned

Default Rush Limbaugh is a retard

In 2003 Rush made some very controversial comments regarding Donovan McNabb. For those unfamiliar, the Eagles had started 0-2 when Rush came up with this:

Quote:
Sorry to say this, I don't think he's been that good from the get-go. I think what we've had here is a little social concern in the NFL. The media has been very desirous that a black quarterback do well.

It created a furor and he resigned. When I first heard the comments I thought they were extremely stupid but not discriminatory.

His comments were based on a 2-game sample size. Why didn't he talk about "social concern" the previous season. Surely this "concern" doesn't change depending on whether a black quarterback wins or not.

Also, I've never seen him use this ridiculous argument against other black quarterbacks. Which is strange considering that McNabb has had a lot more success than guys like Vick and Culpepper.

So why am I bringing this topic up now? Because after reading his comments regarding the superbowl, I have become convinced that he is a true a$shole. For those who haven't seen it:

Quote:
You know, the game was the game, and the game was what it was, but I can't handle any more press criticism of Rex Grossman. They're writing his name "W-r-e-c-k-s," saying he was the worst quarterback ever to play in the Super Bowl, and it's been like this since the Green Bay game -- actually, since the Arizona game. There was a little crescendo of it in the Green Bay game, the last game of the season for the Bears, and it's just unrelenting. They're focusing on this guy like they don't focus on anybody -- and I'll tell you, I know what it is. The media, the sports media, has got social concerns that they are first and foremost interested in, and they're dumping on this guy, Rex Grossman, for one reason, folks, and that's because he is a white quarterback.

They're dumping on Rex because he had a shocking game you fat, know-it-all, bullsh!tting d0uchebag!!!

And that is why Rush Limbaugh is a retard.
sydneyking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2007, 11:48 PM   #2
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Default Re: Rush Limbaugh is a retard

Limbaugh is a has-been.... anyone who actually pays attention to his pathetic rhetoric is either stupid, or doing it for only for entertainment purposes. He's really not that smart, although he tries to portray himself as an intellect.

He's also pro-war as portrayed by the Bush administration, so enuf said....

SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2007, 11:55 PM   #3
jamesalan9
I hit open layups

Sounds like we got a couple of commies on this board that hate Limbuagh and secretly want to ban him from radio (like Dennis "commie" Kucinich wants) Limbaugh still gets more listeners than anybody around so go ahead, keep whining about him! The only good communist is a dead one!
jamesalan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 12:00 AM   #4
PistonsD01
I brick open layups

It took you this long to figure out he's an *******
PistonsD01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 12:05 AM   #5
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesalan9
Sounds like we got a couple of commies on this board that hate Limbuagh and secretly want to ban him from radio (like Dennis "commie" Kucinich wants) Limbaugh still gets more listeners than anybody around so go ahead, keep whining about him! The only good communist is a dead one!

Your post shows you simply do not understand politics or lack intelligence. To make the statement that someone has to like Rush Limbaugh or else they are a commie is complete stupidity.

I won't even attempt to have an intelligent discussion with someone like you.

And by the way, I am a registered Republican... are you even old enough to vote?

SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: