Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 03-28-2013, 03:37 PM   #1
HardwoodLegend
The Magical T-Mac

HardwoodLegend is a pretty well-respected posterHardwoodLegend is a pretty well-respected posterHardwoodLegend is a pretty well-respected poster
Default one of the greatest storytelling verses in hip hop history (so underrated!)

http://youtu.be/Y4vdVwbRkLk?t=13s

Trife Da God on the 1st verse.

Big L-sounding voice with a nice ass flow that paints the picture so vividly.

Uh, thirty thousand feet up in the air, up in the lear
Dressed in a black tux, forty cal. tucked, strapped to the chair
Half asleep, hopping out of my seat, caught in the daze
Turned around and seen a white man's face, covered in shades
I must have passed out, can't remember shit before I blacked out
Three more n*ggas approaching, holding they mack's out
One spoke, gave me the keys, to a boat
Reached in his trenchcoat, and pulled out a yellow envelope
Which contained twenty thousand in cash, a photograph
Of a Colombian n*gga with a long mustache
Miguel Sanchez, keep a gun hidden in his pants leg
With armed bodyguards, surveillance around his land spread
He runs a billion dollar organization, under investigation
Plus he's wanted by immigration
Now I'm stuck, crazy look on my face, shocked in amazement
How the f*ck I get involved with these federal agents
They knew my background, knew about what happened down in Sac Town
They knew about the wrap down south, they laid the facts down
Said I had two decisions, take out Miguel and his cartel
Or spend the rest of my life in prison
A classified mission on some James Bond shit
007 style, love to get some straight convicts
Now I'm pondering, my thoughts wandering, got my girl on the phone
Told her to kiss little Jay cuz I'll be gone again
Honey, I can't sleep, she sucking her teet
If everything go good, baby, I'll be home in a week
Pinching myself just to see if I'm dreaming, call up my team and
Meet me by the docks in Miami, I'll fly out this weekend

Last edited by HardwoodLegend : 03-28-2013 at 03:39 PM.
HardwoodLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 03:47 PM   #2
kNIOKAS
Medium Rare

kNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: one of the greatest storytelling verses in hip hop history (so underrated!)

Yeah, because of the annoying flow.
kNIOKAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 03:50 PM   #3
Norcaliblunt
Good High School Starter

Norcaliblunt is considered somewhat coolNorcaliblunt is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: one of the greatest storytelling verses in hip hop history (so underrated!)

Dope verse indeed.

I'm thinking Ra Da Rugged Man's verse on Uncommon Valor (a Vitenam story).

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=kGZsGX3B_BY
Norcaliblunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 05:06 PM   #4
HardwoodLegend
The Magical T-Mac

HardwoodLegend is a pretty well-respected posterHardwoodLegend is a pretty well-respected posterHardwoodLegend is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by kNIOKAS
Yeah, because of the annoying flow.

Whose flow do you prefer?

He's got an authentic, vintage New York sound.
Old 03-28-2013, 05:40 PM   #5
kNIOKAS
Medium Rare

kNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by HardwoodLegend

Whose flow do you prefer?

He's got an authentic, vintage New York sound.
Well almost anybody's. Doesn't he sound very monotonous, lacking volume to you? I lack words to define how he sounds like, but I would still say that he just doesn't sound good. Story may be fine, but it's hard to listen. It's like AZ to NAS, while NAS isn't the best voice himself...
Old 03-28-2013, 05:43 PM   #6
mateoboz
Swish...

mateoboz has no real reputation yet.

I was half expecting to see "Children's Story" by Slick Rick typed out when I opened the thread.
mateoboz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 06:20 PM   #7
Bucket_Nakedz
Buckle up

Bucket_Nakedz is popular on this boardBucket_Nakedz is popular on this boardBucket_Nakedz is popular on this boardBucket_Nakedz is popular on this board

shakey dog
Bucket_Nakedz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 07:12 PM   #8
iggy>
happy tanksgiving

iggy> has decent reputation

The art of peer pressure

Tony story

Undying love
iggy> is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 08:14 PM   #9
MetsPackers
new based god

MetsPackers has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by iggy>
The art of peer pressure

Tony story

Undying love

Definitely a great one especially in this era of rap. First time I heard it I was just like this is fvckin dope
MetsPackers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 09:01 PM   #10
OhNoTimNoSho
Your King

OhNoTimNoSho has an incredible reputation hereOhNoTimNoSho has an incredible reputation hereOhNoTimNoSho has an incredible reputation hereOhNoTimNoSho has an incredible reputation hereOhNoTimNoSho has an incredible reputation hereOhNoTimNoSho has an incredible reputation hereOhNoTimNoSho has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Well almost anybody's. Doesn't he sound very monotonous, lacking volume to you? I lack words to define how he sounds like, but I would still say that he just doesn't sound good. Story may be fine, but it's hard to listen. It's like AZ to NAS, while NAS isn't the best voice himself...
I have never read such poor analysis of anything as your analysis of bad flows.

Big Ls flow is one of the greatest. Nas has a great voice.
OhNoTimNoSho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 09:03 PM   #11
ace23

ace23 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryace23 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

Quote:
Volume has nothing to do with flow.
ace23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 09:17 PM   #12
HardwoodLegend
The Magical T-Mac

Immortal Technique - You Never Know
Old 03-28-2013, 09:56 PM   #13
enayes
Decent college freshman

enayes is considered somewhat coolenayes is considered somewhat cool

Quote:

Are you saying AZ's is bad or good?

I can't tell here

I love AZ.
enayes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 03:45 AM   #14
kNIOKAS
Medium Rare

Yeah well any story told in a monotonous one-paced voice doesn't really do for me. Simply does not make me still and listen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ace23
Volume has nothing to do with flow.
Yeah you know that the best.

I like AZ somewhat, but his voice is a bit limited. As is Big L's, for that matter...
Old 03-29-2013, 05:31 PM   #15
No_Look604
Local High School Star

No_Look604 has not been impressing people

AZ is a muthaf**kin BOSS. ISH just lost some cool points.

Go back to listening to French Montana and all these fakkits Nikki Minaj out-raps.
No_Look604 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: