Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 06-27-2006, 06:41 AM   #1
stoopidraptor
Kids at the park dunk on me

stoopidraptor has an OK reputation so far
Default Tons of Rumors in here...Sam Smith Sucks..

Copied and pasted from the Chicago Tribune...

Most valuable trade bait: Iverson

Sam Smith takes you around the league
Published June 26, 2006

With the draft coming up Wednesday and free agency beginning next week, here is a look at the NBA's all-trade teams. These are the players most likely to be traded and mentioned most often in deals in the last few weeks.

First team: Allen Iverson, Larry Hughes, Carlos Boozer, Kenyon Martin, Jamaal Magloire.

Second team: T.J. Ford, Wally Szczerbiak, Mike Miller, Charlie Villanueva, Shawn Marion.

Third team: J.R. Smith, Rashard Lewis, Lamar Odom, Troy Murphy, lots of Knicks.

The big one that has been rumored of late: Iverson will be on the move. I have been assured by one general manager that this can be done, but I'm not so sure.

The rumor has been that Iverson is headed to the Atlanta Hawks. Steve Belkin, who is suing to regain the Hawks franchise, reportedly has been saying he'll win and go for Iverson. That hardly seems imminent, though.

But the big deal floating around is Iverson to the Boston Celtics, Boozer to the 76ers and Szczerbiak to the Utah Jazz. Of course, more parts have to be included, though I couldn't see the 76ers dealing Iverson within their division, even if divisions are almost meaningless. Perhaps they cannot find a Western Conference trading partner.

Boozer is clearly being shopped and the Bulls could get in on the talks as they've had interest before. But Utah seems to have its eyes on Szczerbiak and Memphis' Miller. Boozer also is rumored in a deal with the Grizzlies, who would deal just about anyone not named Pau Gasol.

Although the Raptors already made a trade for Rasho Nesterovic, they're in the middle of numerous discussions because they seem to want to trade down to take Andrea Bargnani, whom they could get much lower. Plus, it would put additional pressure on Bargnani to be No. 1 and not be ready for the NBA.

The Raptors are said to be willing to take on the Bucks' Magloire, who doesn't have a big market because he is going into his last season of his contract. He wants to return to his native Canada, so the Raptors could get a home-country discount.

The Raptors are said to be willing to deal Villanueva because they can draft Bargnani, but supposedly are insisting on point guard Ford. There has also been the talk of swapping picks with Charlotte to give the Bobcats and Michael Jordan No. 1--which didn't work out well for Jordan in Washington in 2001--for Brevin Knight and then taking Bargnani at No. 3.

Another interesting guard getting some attention is Hughes. He was the Cavs' big free-agent acquisition last summer, but had trouble fitting in with LeBron James.

Hughes supposedly complained about his role in the playoffs to former Wizards' teammates and is said to want out. The Cavs, apparently, wouldn't mind accommodating him as they'd like to spend his contract money to re-sign a cheaper version in Flip Murray and restricted free-agent Drew Gooden.

There is the rumor about the Bulls involving Tyson Chandler and the No. 2 pick to the Suns for Marion. The Bulls have denied that and I'm a little dubious myself since I started that about two months ago when I proposed a Marion-to-the-Bulls deal.

The Suns always deny wanting to deal Marion. But if they are satisfied Amare Stoudemire has recovered, it wouldn't be a surprise.

Marion has a huge contract averaging $16 million and is privately unhappy with his role as ball retriever for Steve Nash and Stoudemire. The Suns will have trouble re-signing Tim Thomas, Leandro Barbosa and Boris Diaw if Marion stays, so a deal is probably inevitable.

(On second thought, if I were the Bulls, I'd probably keep the No. 2 pick and take Tyrus Thomas. He's not the player Marion is yet, but he's cheap for five years and looks like he could develop quickly.)

- - -

SAM'S QUOTE OF THE WEEK

`We have an epidemic of obesity in this country. We are not using dancing fat guys.'

--Grizzlies business director Andy Dolich, drawing the line in the sand as to what the team will not stoop to in the never-ending NBA expansion of its timeout and pregame activities.
stoopidraptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 11:18 AM   #2
GoRapz
Fire Dwane Casey

GoRapz has decent reputation

why did you post this article 3 times in a row?
GoRapz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 02:59 PM   #3
AIR SETH
Local High School Star

AIR SETH has decent reputation

One is good enough. Quit spamming up the Raptors forum.
AIR SETH is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: