Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Fantasy Basketball Forum > Fantasy Premier League

Fantasy Premier League Fantasy BBall Premier League 2013-14

Old 04-08-2013, 05:37 AM   #1
D.Z.W.
Great young streetballer

Default Playoffs 2nd Round wrap up + FINALS Preview (2013)

The Premiere league playoffs continue to entertain, as the second round consisted of two great matches as well.

Pete defeats Sky 6-3

The two time defending champ was favored to win by a big margin, but Sky with his tenacity, was able to force a pretty close match as he only lost rebounds by 13 & steals by 4. Had he had been able to secure those two categories, it would have been one of the biggest upsets in premiere history. But Sky should be proud of his accomplishments this season, there is absolutely no shame in losing to a dominant force in Pete.

DZW defeats Rich 5-3

Wow, talk about a truly epic nail biting series.. both teams were hit hard by injuries & DNP-CD's. I wanted to say it was the depth of the team that won it for DZW, but it really wasn't this time I think. With Rich having the tiebreaker advantage, the score was tied 4-4 heading into the second half of the last game of the day, in what was a blowout game (Portland v Dallas), things looked grim for DZW because he needed either a 3 (unlikely), 2 steals (unlikely) or free throws in limited time before Aldridge & Hickson got subbed out - in which LMA iced it for DZW's team by going 2/2 FT in the waning minutes of the third quarter to win the FT category by 0.03%. Just truly down to the wire.. Rich may not have been able to advance to the finals, but it shouldn't take anything away from a very very solid season performance from start to finish.

Championship playoffs

Pete

VERSUS

DZW

These two rivals have met each other in the playoffs before, but it will be the first time they play on the biggest stage. The two time back to back defending champion Pete, and former champion DZW may be friends, but make no mistake about it, both of them want this bad, really really bad. How badly? I am pretty sure that if you offered $1000 USD to either one to forfeit this match, neither of them will take the deal.

Both of these teams are deep and stacked, however Pete may have the extra 'oomph' factor simply because of Kevin Durant, which DZW has no player of that caliber to match with. Despite the addition of Kyrie Irving for DZW's team, his limitations of not being able to play back to back games, along with the recent loss of Batum may simply be too much for DZW to overcome.

DZW has a good chance of winning the whole thing, but Pete has to be slightly favored here.

Predicted winner: Pete

Interesting fact #1: DZW is 4/4 so far in these write up predictions

Interesting fact #2: These two are also currently playing each other in the Alt League finals!

Interesting fact #3: DZW has been right once and wrong once on predicting Pete's championships these past 2 years.

Last edited by D.Z.W. : 04-08-2013 at 09:42 AM.
D.Z.W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 03:59 PM   #2
Pistol Pete
Who Dat? Geaux Saints!

Default Re: Playoffs 2nd Round wrap up + FINALS Preview (2013)

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.Z.W.
The Premiere league playoffs continue to entertain, as the second round consisted of two great matches as well.

Pete defeats Sky 6-3

The two time defending champ was favored to win by a big margin, but Sky with his tenacity, was able to force a pretty close match as he only lost rebounds by 13 & steals by 4. Had he had been able to secure those two categories, it would have been one of the biggest upsets in premiere history. But Sky should be proud of his accomplishments this season, there is absolutely no shame in losing to a dominant force in Pete.

DZW defeats Rich 5-3

Wow, talk about a truly epic nail biting series.. both teams were hit hard by injuries & DNP-CD's. I wanted to say it was the depth of the team that won it for DZW, but it really wasn't this time I think. With Rich having the tiebreaker advantage, the score was tied 4-4 heading into the second half of the last game of the day, in what was a blowout game (Portland v Dallas), things looked grim for DZW because he needed either a 3 (unlikely), 2 steals (unlikely) or free throws in limited time before Aldridge & Hickson got subbed out - in which LMA iced it for DZW's team by going 2/2 FT in the waning minutes of the third quarter to win the FT category by 0.03%. Just truly down to the wire.. Rich may not have been able to advance to the finals, but it shouldn't take anything away from a very very solid season performance from start to finish.

Championship playoffs

Pete

VERSUS

DZW

These two rivals have met each other in the playoffs before, but it will be the first time they play on the biggest stage. The two time back to back defending champion Pete, and former champion DZW may be friends, but make no mistake about it, both of them want this bad, really really bad. How badly? I am pretty sure that if you offered $1000 USD to either one to forfeit this match, neither of them will take the deal.

Both of these teams are deep and stacked, however Pete may have the extra 'oomph' factor simply because of Kevin Durant, which DZW has no player of that caliber to match with. Despite the addition of Kyrie Irving for DZW's team, his limitations of not being able to play back to back games, along with the recent loss of Batum may simply be too much for DZW to overcome.

DZW has a good chance of winning the whole thing, but Pete has to be slightly favored here.

Predicted winner: Pete

Interesting fact #1: DZW is 4/4 so far in these write up predictions

Interesting fact #2: These two are also currently playing each other in the Alt League finals!

Interesting fact #3: DZW has been right once and wrong once on predicting Pete's championships these past 2 years.

I'll take a dive for $100, PM me for bank account details. This is your only chance.
Pistol Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 07:10 PM   #3
D.Z.W.
Great young streetballer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pistol Pete
I'll take a dive for $100, PM me for bank account details. This is your only chance.

I'll paypal you the minute I see you bench all your players when the games start tomorrow
Old 04-08-2013, 08:28 PM   #4
GP_20
Glove

Why do I see the same people in the finals everytime in this league? Pistol Piece of S*hit (Pistol), the guy I own in WIF everytime (truth), or some newbie (DZW)

The competition level has fallen so much in this league Looks I need to return next year to raise up the standards again...
GP_20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 09:22 PM   #5
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP_20
Why do I see the same people in the finals everytime in this league? Pistol Piece of S*hit (Pistol), the guy I own in WIF everytime (truth), or some newbie (DZW)

The competition level has fallen so much in this league Looks I need to return next year to raise up the standards again...

RETURN A$AP GLOVE_20 THA GOD
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 09:09 AM   #6
D.Z.W.
Great young streetballer

Quote:

You've played 1 year in premiere league, I've played 5 - who's the newbie here?
Old 04-09-2013, 02:13 PM   #7
GP_20
Glove

Quote:
You've played 1 year in premiere league, I've played 5 - who's the newbie here?
I created this league kid. The fact that you call me the newbie shows who really is the newbie

And I've played 2 years in the premier leauge, including becoming the 1st ever champion and assembling the most dominant basketball team to exist in premier league history.
Old 04-09-2013, 02:15 PM   #8
GP_20
Glove

Good luck in the finals

Even though you are a newbie, Pistol Pete is so shi*tty that you're my pick to win the championship
Old 04-09-2013, 06:18 PM   #9
D.Z.W.
Great young streetballer

Quote:
I created this league kid. The fact that you call me the newbie shows who really is the newbie

And I've played 2 years in the premier leauge, including becoming the 1st ever champion and assembling the most dominant basketball team to exist in premier league history.

Yes I know you created the league - and I also know you got kicked out of it.

But that's irrelevant.

What are you basing the term newbie on? I doubt you are talking about join date as an ISH poster since I joined way before you did.

If you are talking about fantasy experience, I've played Yahoo NBA fantasy since 03-04, and NBAVGM since 96-97. I don't know how you can call someone that's been involved in the fantasy circle for over 15 years a newbie That makes as much sense as calling Grant Hill a newbie in the NBA.
Old 04-10-2013, 03:08 PM   #10
Pistol Pete
Who Dat? Geaux Saints!

Quote:
Good luck in the finals

Even though you are a newbie, Pistol Pete is so shi*tty that you're my pick to win the championship

Kiss the rings baby boy. I've broken or set every Premier Basketball record in existence. When you go to 3 straight finals and potentially win 3 straight titles, you may address me. Until then, you are to refer to me as "Master".

Back to the hole you call a home, you're not on my level and never will be.
Old 04-10-2013, 03:26 PM   #11
GP_20
Glove

Quote:
Yes I know you created the league - and I also know you got kicked out of it.

But that's irrelevant.

What are you basing the term newbie on? I doubt you are talking about join date as an ISH poster since I joined way before you did.

If you are talking about fantasy experience, I've played Yahoo NBA fantasy since 03-04, and NBAVGM since 96-97. I don't know how you can call someone that's been involved in the fantasy circle for over 15 years a newbie That makes as much sense as calling Grant Hill a newbie in the NBA.

I'm basing my newbie term on I never heard of you. And I am the champion of champions when it comes to fantasy basketball (I won a Yahoo Winners League, so really I am a champion of champions). I've heard of almost everyone else, most for infamous reasons, but you? Never heard or played against you in any league. Hence, newbie.

Not saying you suck (though you probably do) but please you're talking to Glove_20 Fantasy Basketball Champion of Champions and you call him a newbie?
Old 04-10-2013, 05:20 PM   #12
GP_20
Glove

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pistol Pete
Kiss the rings baby boy. I've broken or set every Premier Basketball record in existence. When you go to 3 straight finals and potentially win 3 straight titles, you may address me. Until then, you are to refer to me as "Master".

Back to the hole you call a home, you're not on my level and never will be.

How about the record for creating the GOAT Premier League Basketball Team in History. None of your championship teams come close to that championship, we didn't even need to have a playoffs. In fact, every league I've played in I ended up having the GOAT team that has existed for that particular league.

And talk sh*it to all the people you beat to win 3 in a row. You never beat me and never will. The competition you are playing against is sad (DZW, Truth, Some other no-namers). Especially compared to my competition (basketballer4, hawker, etc.)
Old 04-10-2013, 08:12 PM   #13
D.Z.W.
Great young streetballer

Quote:
I'm basing my newbie term on I never heard of you. And I am the champion of champions when it comes to fantasy basketball (I won a Yahoo Winners League, so really I am a champion of champions). I've heard of almost everyone else, most for infamous reasons, but you? Never heard or played against you in any league. Hence, newbie.

Not saying you suck (though you probably do) but please you're talking to Glove_20 Fantasy Basketball Champion of Champions and you call him a newbie?

Lol, I knew you would once again bring up that pointless Yahoo Winners League to reference yourself as a "champion of champions." Please, my highschool friend who knew jacksh1t about basketball won a ton of yahoo public leagues back in the day, and he played in a winners league as well - who's to say you didn't get paired up with 11 more of those types of managers?

As for never heard or played against me - that's because you barely ever even join ISH leagues in the first place (Of course, you'll come up with your own reasoning for that, suit yourself). All you do is bark and holler based around your performances on like 2 or 3 leagues which you did well in.

It's not for you to say that "never played against DZW, must be a new guy" when I've played in FAR more leagues in ISH compared to you Go ahead and screenshot your profile with no strings attached, and I'll screenshot mine, let's see if it makes any sense for you to call me a 'newbie.'

Last edited by D.Z.W. : 04-10-2013 at 08:20 PM.
Old 04-10-2013, 08:43 PM   #14
Pistol Pete
Who Dat? Geaux Saints!

Quote:
How about the record for creating the GOAT Premier League Basketball Team in History. None of your championship teams come close to that championship, we didn't even need to have a playoffs. In fact, every league I've played in I ended up having the GOAT team that has existed for that particular league.

And talk sh*it to all the people you beat to win 3 in a row. You never beat me and never will. The competition you are playing against is sad (DZW, Truth, Some other no-namers). Especially compared to my competition (basketballer4, hawker, etc.)

I am undefeated in Premier League Basketball Playoffs. I have never been defeated. Winner of 7 matches in a row, 2 consecutive titles, 3 consecutive finals, I am the definition of perfection. I am the model upon which all newborn babies wish they will one day be. I am unmatched. You go to sleep in your race car bed wishing you will wake up with my managerial abilities. But, unfortunately, it will never be. For there is only one, PISTOL PETE.
Old 04-10-2013, 09:23 PM   #15
D.Z.W.
Great young streetballer

After Glove listed Hawker as elite competition, I just finally came to fully realize that he's just one big troll
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: