Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 04-02-2013, 01:33 PM   #16
kuniva_dAMiGhTy
The First School

kuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation herekuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation herekuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation herekuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation herekuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation herekuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation herekuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Kobe: I had too much talent and too much to showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by ripthekik
No Wade and Bosh and Lebron is just another T-mac.. though there's nothing wrong with that

Take your beef up with Kobe
kuniva_dAMiGhTy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 01:33 PM   #17
Dro
College star

Dro has decent reputationDro has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
He's fooling himself if he thinks he'd have more than 5 rings if he didn't play with Shaq, unless by "somewhere else" he means going to San Antonio with Tim Duncan.
If you're talking about because of the system, sure he wouldn't find a better system than LA or SA but if you're talking about just playing with a good big man, I think Kobe is good enough to have won AT LEAST 1 with any number of good big men provided he was in a good system...
Dro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 01:33 PM   #18
Rysio
Local High School Star

Rysio has a very bad reputationRysio has a very bad reputationRysio has a very bad reputationRysio has a very bad reputation

he won 3 championships but he could've done it his way where he wouldnt have to share touches with inferior players. he sacrificed his numbers and playing less minutes just to keep his teammates happy, you cant hate on that.
Rysio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 01:35 PM   #19
MMM
877-954-1893

MMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dro
I do agree with this though, very good point...

not to diminish Kobe's greatness but the difference between the top 60-70 players to ever play the game is not as huge as people make it out to be. Also there are may forgotten players of past years so it might be double that.

I give credit to Kobe for being a top player for a long time in the league but i think people overrate higher tier players while ignoring guys like AI, Drexler, heck even old time greats like West, Baylor, Big O, and Hondo.
MMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 01:36 PM   #20
no pun intended
Mozart Basketball

no pun intended has an incredible reputation hereno pun intended has an incredible reputation hereno pun intended has an incredible reputation hereno pun intended has an incredible reputation hereno pun intended has an incredible reputation hereno pun intended has an incredible reputation hereno pun intended has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Yearning
Where else was he going to win more championships?
Kobe was talking about '04-'07, after his stint with Shaq.
no pun intended is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 01:36 PM   #21
Legends66NBA7
Birds of a Feather

Legends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
He's fooling himself if he thinks he'd have more than 5 rings if he didn't play with Shaq, unless by "somewhere else" he means going to San Antonio with Tim Duncan.

Kevin Garnett with the Wolves too.
Legends66NBA7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 01:37 PM   #22
Ne 1
College superstar

Ne 1 is a pretty well-respected posterNe 1 is a pretty well-respected posterNe 1 is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ripthekik
No Wade and Bosh and Lebron is just another T-mac.. though there's nothing wrong with that

Yup, and no Pippen and Jordan is just a bald-headed Dominique Wilkins. though there's nothing wrong with that
Ne 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 01:39 PM   #23
Legends66NBA7
Birds of a Feather

Legends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by no pun intended
Kobe was talking about '04-'07, after his stint with Shaq.

Yeah, no doubt in my mind if he went to San Antonio or teamed up with another good/great big man he would win multiple chips. I don't what other organization would be great at finding the right pieces to fit like the Spurs have for so long... Come to think of it, a Nowitzki and Bryant combo in Dallas would be amazing too.

Duncan and Bryant, along with the developing core of Parker and Manu are winning 3 or more chips, no doubt about it.

Last edited by Legends66NBA7 : 04-02-2013 at 01:41 PM.
Old 04-02-2013, 01:39 PM   #24
guy
NBA All-star

guy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation here

Kobe seems way too insecure. And I forgot, but what was the comparison to Penny Hardaway that Shaq made, which was apparently an insult?
guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 01:40 PM   #25
La Frescobaldi
I brick nerf balls

La Frescobaldi has a terrific reputationLa Frescobaldi has a terrific reputationLa Frescobaldi has a terrific reputationLa Frescobaldi has a terrific reputationLa Frescobaldi has a terrific reputationLa Frescobaldi has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Would like to see what KB8 could have done in a Nets jersey with smooth Jason Kidd in his Finals days
La Frescobaldi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 01:41 PM   #26
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

Real Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dro
If you're talking about because of the system, sure he wouldn't find a better system than LA or SA but if you're talking about just playing with a good big man, I think Kobe is good enough to have won AT LEAST 1 with any number of good big men provided he was in a good system...
Well, he won "at least" 3 with Shaq. 3>1.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legends66NBA7
Kevin Garnett with the Wolves too.
Unfortunately no. The Joe Smith deal cost Minnie 5 first round picks and thus ruined the KG era.
Real Men Wear Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 01:42 PM   #27
rmt
National High School Star

rmt is considered somewhat coolrmt is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legends66NBA7
Yeah, no doubt in my mind if he went to San Antonio or teamed up with another good/great big man he would win multiple chips.

Duncan and Bryant, along with the developing core of Parker and Manu are winning 3 or more chips, no doubt about it.

Sorry, what you don't understand is that SA does not operate under the same salary extravagance as LAL. They stay under the luxury tax as much as possible so unless Kobe agreed to be paid peanuts, he wouldn't be going to SA as SA would not be letting Tim Duncan go for Kobe.

Even discounting the financial aspect, do you really think that Parker and Manu would develop into the players they are today with Kobe chucking? Because, you know, Kobe MUST SHOWCASE his talent.

Last edited by rmt : 04-02-2013 at 01:49 PM.
rmt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 01:43 PM   #28
Whoah10115
Linja Status

Whoah10115 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuniva_dAMiGhTy

No Shaq and Kobe is just another Iverson/Carter (not that there is anything wrong with that).

I mean, this is that other side to the Kobe worship. You're impartial and you say something this stupid. Based on what man? For a while, I was a big Kobe guy. That Kobe is why I was.

Bryant did everything better than those guys did. Look at Bryant's playoff performances in 2001. Look at his performance in the Finals the next year, when the only differences between him and O'Neal were the fouls Shaq got away with and the centers the Nets had.

Kobe is unlikely to go somewhere else and win 5 titles. But he's going to win titles. And he'd do it as the guy and with better scoring numbers. It's also wrong to assume his shooting percentages. Don't Heat fans attribute Bosh's presence as a necessity to open up the lane for LeBron and Wade, while also giving them someone to pass out to? Does O'Neal do that for Kobe?

This is just a ridiculous post and I don't even think you believe it. This is a Kobe thread that's actually interesting and this garbage is being spewed...for what?
Whoah10115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 01:44 PM   #29
Rubio2Gasol
College star

Rubio2Gasol has an OK reputation so far

Quote:

I think he means after winning the 3 with Shaq.
Rubio2Gasol is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 01:45 PM   #30
Legends66NBA7
Birds of a Feather

Quote:
Originally Posted by guy
Kobe seems way too insecure. And I forgot, but what was the comparison to Penny Hardaway that Shaq made, which was apparently an insult?

If I am right, I think it was the Godfather comparison where he compared the 3 top guards he played alongside with. He said Penny=Fredo, Kobe=Sonny, and Wade=Michael... But I might be incorrect here.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: