Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 04-03-2013, 09:44 PM   #16
kNicKz
College superstar

kNicKz is a pretty well-respected posterkNicKz is a pretty well-respected posterkNicKz is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Living in the mid-90's > any era

Quote:
Originally Posted by hateraid

6- Chicks with no tats. Being able to tell the difference from a 15 year old and a 25 year old

I went to lunch today and the girl taking my order was covered in piercings, tattoos, and had big gauge earrings. I honestly lost my appetite

Last edited by kNicKz : 04-03-2013 at 09:47 PM.
kNicKz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 09:47 PM   #17
Bucket_Nakedz
Buckle up

Bucket_Nakedz is popular on this boardBucket_Nakedz is popular on this boardBucket_Nakedz is popular on this boardBucket_Nakedz is popular on this board

you know what hurts? is that i took that decade for granted. never knew how much life was so much better until the turn of the millennium. im not saying life is bad now, but there is too much fakeassness for me to take this world seriously.
Bucket_Nakedz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 09:56 PM   #18
hateraid
Is it in you?

hateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ace23
Wild guess: OP grew up in the 90s.

My teen years were in the 90's, doesn't neccessarily mean I grew up in the 90's. I don't think we ever stop "growing up". We're constantly doing and experiencing new things. I don't think I was any different as a person mentally in the 90's 00's or even now. I'd say the real bulk of my "growing up" and experiencing life was done in the 00's. That's when I went to college, experienced all the perks of adulthood, met my wife....
Living through these different eras, wouldn't that qualify me to judge and compare different eras?
In my opinion I think we've regressed as human beings due to modern technology not just by the way we communicate, but by the way we interact and treat fellow human beings.
hateraid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 09:59 PM   #19
Mr. I'm So Rad
So What If It Is

Mr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
6- Being able to tell the difference from a 15 year old and a 25 year old

Mr. I'm So Rad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 10:02 PM   #20
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

L.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by ace23
Wild guess: OP grew up in the 90s.
I grew up in the 70s, jive turkey!
L.Kizzle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 10:19 PM   #21
Bucket_Nakedz
Buckle up

Bucket_Nakedz is popular on this boardBucket_Nakedz is popular on this boardBucket_Nakedz is popular on this boardBucket_Nakedz is popular on this board

Quote:
In my opinion I think we've regressed as human beings due to modern technology not just by the way we communicate, but by the way we interact and treat fellow human beings.
powerful, bruh. that's why i don't have facebook or anything regarding social media. it's nice to communicate with relatives and friends that live far away. still nothing beats a conversation on the phone.

i have a lot of friends, and outside of my immegiate fam, only 2 of my close bruhs have my cell number. i remember 3 years ago i had over 500 contacts and my phone was constantly harassed with texts. i only text when the person im calling is not answering or if their busy like working.

its funny, my major is computer related, but i hate that technology is being used so often as a way to socialize. i remember when i was younger, the first day of school, everybody would introduce themselves to each other and just talk. now that i started college, the first day of class, mostly everybody is too busy on their smart phone or computer.
Bucket_Nakedz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 10:21 PM   #22
The Macho Man
Randy Savage

The Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
My teen years were in the 90's, doesn't neccessarily mean I grew up in the 90's. I don't think we ever stop "growing up". We're constantly doing and experiencing new things. I don't think I was any different as a person mentally in the 90's 00's or even now. I'd say the real bulk of my "growing up" and experiencing life was done in the 00's. That's when I went to college, experienced all the perks of adulthood, met my wife....
Living through these different eras, wouldn't that qualify me to judge and compare different eras?

You haven't changed mentally from your teens to 30s?
The Macho Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 10:41 PM   #23
LBJFTW
Duncan>Kobe>Lebron

LBJFTW has no real reputation yet.

90's were the best era and its not even close.
LBJFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 10:44 PM   #24
Jackass18
The Iron Price

Jackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Most people seem to think the best era was the one they grew up in. The best era will happen sometime in the future.
Jackass18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 10:45 PM   #25
LockoutOver11
KIDD & A.I. ERA

LockoutOver11 has an OK reputation so far

duh :)
LockoutOver11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 11:10 PM   #26
Micku
NBA lottery pick

Micku is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMicku is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMicku is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMicku is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMicku is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMicku is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMicku is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMicku is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMicku is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
10- TV shows were more relatable, not just rehashed ideas or reality television

Gott'a stop ya there. This era the 00s and 10s era have the best collection of shows ever on TV. The worst too, but the best TV shows in this era are amazing.

Game of Thrones, Breaking Bad, Dexter, The Walking Dead, Spartacus, Mad Men and Boardwalk Empire.

The cartoon shows in the 90s and early 00s were better tho. Tho there are some gems in this era too.
Micku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 11:26 PM   #27
Micku
NBA lottery pick

Micku is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMicku is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMicku is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMicku is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMicku is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMicku is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMicku is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMicku is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMicku is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
t posts):

1- Video games were more about the game play rather than the graphics. They made them simple time killers as opposed to life drainers. The longest game we played was probably Legend of Zelda. Games were more for the spirit of competition and simple enjoyment

These are the OGs life drainers.

And of course Final Fantasy and Zelda.
Micku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 11:45 PM   #28
Smoke117
Barstool Blues

Smoke117 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSmoke117 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSmoke117 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSmoke117 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSmoke117 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSmoke117 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSmoke117 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSmoke117 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSmoke117 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I'd rather have been a youth in the 60s and a teenager/young adult in the 70s. The 90s were nothing special and your reasons don't ****ing mean shit to me.
Smoke117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 11:45 PM   #29
Patrick Chewing
Cobra Kai Sensei

Patrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Patrick Chewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 12:01 AM   #30
Just2McFly
By Any Means

Just2McFly has a near all-star reputation hereJust2McFly has a near all-star reputation hereJust2McFly has a near all-star reputation hereJust2McFly has a near all-star reputation hereJust2McFly has a near all-star reputation hereJust2McFly has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke117
I'd rather have been a youth in the 60s and a teenager/young adult in the 70s. The 90s were nothing special and your reasons don't ****ing mean shit to me.
I will f*cking pass on that
Just2McFly is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: