Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 04-04-2013, 01:46 PM   #46
ShaqAttack3234
7-time NBA All-Star

Default Re: Living in the mid-90's > any era

I also have to mention that action movies were still left to the Stallones, Schwarzennegers, Seagals(when he was in shape) and Bruce Willis of the world. Someone like Shia Labeouf would have never been in an action movie.
ShaqAttack3234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 01:52 PM   #47
LBJFTW
Duncan>Kobe>Lebron

Quote:
Originally Posted by hateraid
On the same token modern technology has made us regress as people. I've pointed out today's technology has taken our ability to communicate face to face. Our advancement in technology has also made our workload a whole lot heavier thus cutting into friends and family time.
IMO, modern technology has made us less human

I saw a table of high school guys and their dates all dressed up for prom at a restaurant I happened to be at. 12 of them. They all had their cell phones out and were texting. Some even texting each other. Very few words were actually spoken. It was pretty pathetic. In the 90's this was unheard of.
LBJFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 01:54 PM   #48
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

BRB, playing cops and robbers
BRB, riding bike to buy some ****ing bubblegum
BRB, running home to watch your favourite TV show
BRB, going with some friends while doing nothing and not coming home hours later
BRB, playing tackle football on the streets
BRB, breaking neighbours windshield playing wuffelball(is that what it's called)
BRB, playing multiplayer on n64
BRB, inserting cheats into n64(press like 24 ****ing buttons)
knickballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 02:00 PM   #49
andgar923
soundcloud.com/agua-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaqAttack3234
I also have to mention that action movies were still left to the Stallones, Schwarzennegers, Seagals(when he was in shape) and Bruce Willis of the world. Someone like Shia Labeouf would have never been in an action movie.

So true
andgar923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 02:03 PM   #50
LBJFTW
Duncan>Kobe>Lebron

90's actions movies were so hard core not even Jason Statham would make the cut.
Old 04-04-2013, 02:53 PM   #51
PullupJay
Focus

Haterade is slowly becoming one of my favorite posters.
PullupJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 03:15 PM   #52
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

Quote:
Originally Posted by hateraid
On the same token modern technology has made us regress as people. I've pointed out today's technology has taken our ability to communicate face to face. Our advancement in technology has also made our workload a whole lot heavier thus cutting into friends and family time.
IMO, modern technology has made us less human

I completely disagree. Technology has only opened your eyes to all the idiots you didn't know were there in the first place.

There is no question that technology empowers people. It lessens your workload in every way by making it easier and more streamlined than ever. If you want to become enslaved to your phone, tablet, and boss then it's only a sign of your own weakness. My technology provides me freedom, knowledge, and ease of work that I could barely dream of back in the 90's.

The modern day is better than ever despite whatever nostalgia people are clinging to that makes them think otherwise.
DeuceWallaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 03:50 PM   #53
No_Look604
Local High School Star

90's R&B party jams >> all hip hop of today X 1000000000

I won't even bring 90's hip hop into discussion...we have Drake and Wiz now to laugh at...Urkel dudes.
No_Look604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 03:54 PM   #54
LBJFTW
Duncan>Kobe>Lebron

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceWallaces
I completely disagree. Technology has only opened your eyes to all the idiots you didn't know were there in the first place.

There is no question that technology empowers people. It lessens your workload in every way by making it easier and more streamlined than ever. If you want to become enslaved to your phone, tablet, and boss then it's only a sign of your own weakness. My technology provides me freedom, knowledge, and ease of work that I could barely dream of back in the 90's.

The modern day is better than ever despite whatever nostalgia people are clinging to that makes them think otherwise.

America is in the biggest debt it's ever been in and you think the modern day is better than ever?
Old 04-04-2013, 03:56 PM   #55
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star

Personally... I dont think more technology is bad.. I think the profit driven society we live in what makes it bad...

when the bottom line to everything is profit? quality suffers..
Rasheed1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 04:01 PM   #56
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBJFTW
America is in the biggest debt it's ever been in and you think the modern day is better than ever?

Uh, the op, nor myself, were really centering this thread around the national deficit or political climate.
Old 04-04-2013, 04:10 PM   #57
DonDadda59
Lord High Executioner

Quote:
Uh, the op, nor myself, were really centering this thread around the national deficit or political climate.

Maybe, but it definitely adds to the nostalgia effect. If people were generally more prosperous and felt safer then, makes sense that they would look more favorably at that time than the present.
DonDadda59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 04:12 PM   #58
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

Well personally, me, my family, and my friends are doing much better than in the 80's and 90's. Although that's just my experience.
Old 04-04-2013, 04:23 PM   #59
DonDadda59
Lord High Executioner

Quote:
Well personally, me, my family, and my friends are doing much better than in the 80's and 90's. Although that's just my experience.

There you go then, makes sense that you personally don't hold those times in such high regard. But the overall economy now isn't what it was in the 90s, so there are a lot of people who don't feel as secure/prosperous/etc as they did. Then couple that with the post 9/11 fear state. People feeling that pop culture is being compromised. This is all general and obviously not everyone agrees, case in point you.

I think we bottomed out during the end of the last decade and we're slowing on the ascent, so maybe we'll experience another renaissance like we did in the mid-late 90s and people will look back fondly on that time to. Right now there's a lot of uncertainty but I think there's a whole lot more optimism than there was 5 years ago.

So we'll see how it all plays out.
DonDadda59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 04:28 PM   #60
LBJFTW
Duncan>Kobe>Lebron

Quote:

I was speaking in terms of America as a whole. I make six figures now and I didn't in the 90's, but I'd take the mid 90's with less pay over today's era any day of the week because simply put, it was a better time to live in. Perfect balance all things considered.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: