Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 04-02-2013, 02:05 PM   #1
rmt
National High School Star

rmt is considered somewhat coolrmt is considered somewhat coolrmt is considered somewhat cool
Default Kobe: I had too much talent and too much to showcase

"It was inevitable," Bryant said. "You can't expect Michael [Jordan] to play with Wilt [Chamberlain] for his entire career. That's just not going to work. I had too much talent and too much to showcase. And then there was a challenge issued by him about me not being able to win without him. That's a challenge I couldn't pass.

"But ultimately during those years I sacrificed a lot, numbers-wise, to play with him. The thing that always bothered me was people said, 'Well, Kobe's selfish.' I'm not selfish. If I was selfish, I would have left. I gave up a lot to play with him."

"I would have went some place else and won more championships," Bryant said. "That's how driven I was. I was just that obsessed about winning without him. Everything was about that. I was obsessive about it and there was nothing that was going to get in my way."

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--as...184336128.html
rmt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 02:07 PM   #2
kuniva_dAMiGhTy
The First School

kuniva_dAMiGhTy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterkuniva_dAMiGhTy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterkuniva_dAMiGhTy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterkuniva_dAMiGhTy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterkuniva_dAMiGhTy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterkuniva_dAMiGhTy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterkuniva_dAMiGhTy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterkuniva_dAMiGhTy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Kobe: I had too much talent and too much to showcase

No Shaq and Kobe is just another Iverson/Carter (not that there is anything wrong with that).
kuniva_dAMiGhTy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 02:10 PM   #3
The_Yearning
The Truthteller

The_Yearning is a pretty well-respected posterThe_Yearning is a pretty well-respected posterThe_Yearning is a pretty well-respected posterThe_Yearning is a pretty well-respected poster

Where else was he going to win more championships?
The_Yearning is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 02:12 PM   #4
MMM
877-954-1893

MMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuniva_dAMiGhTy

No Shaq and Kobe is just another Iverson/Carter (not that there is anything wrong with that).

I disagree to some extent, Kobe won with freaking Gasol there are a number of other bigs between Shaq and Gasol that he could of won with. However, if Kobe started his career by him self i think there is some truth that he could of ended up as a Iverson/Carter. He would of picked up bad habits in a losing situation that would hinder his ability to win later on with talent. Is higher degree of talent is the verrible that might of been the difference in the comparison with AI/VC
MMM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 02:17 PM   #5
funnystuff
Say wot m8

funnystuff has decent reputationfunnystuff has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Yearning
In his dreams.
funnystuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 02:20 PM   #6
jamal99
Valar Morghulis

jamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Exactly what I was thinking...
jamal99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 02:20 PM   #7
kuniva_dAMiGhTy
The First School

kuniva_dAMiGhTy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterkuniva_dAMiGhTy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterkuniva_dAMiGhTy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterkuniva_dAMiGhTy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterkuniva_dAMiGhTy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterkuniva_dAMiGhTy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterkuniva_dAMiGhTy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterkuniva_dAMiGhTy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM
I disagree to some extent, Kobe won with freaking Gasol there are a number of other bigs between Shaq and Gasol that he could of won with. However, if Kobe started his career by him self i think there is some truth that he could of ended up as a Iverson/Carter. He would of picked up bad habits in a losing situation that would hinder his ability to win later on with talent. Is higher degree of talent is the verrible that might of been the difference in the comparison with AI/VC

Yep. Especially without the tutelage of PJax, someone who reigned Kobe in.
kuniva_dAMiGhTy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 02:24 PM   #8
Legends66NBA7
Apex

Legends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:

San Antonio.
Legends66NBA7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 02:25 PM   #9
Sakkreth
Raptors/LTU/Zalgiris

Sakkreth has an incredible reputation hereSakkreth has an incredible reputation hereSakkreth has an incredible reputation hereSakkreth has an incredible reputation hereSakkreth has an incredible reputation hereSakkreth has an incredible reputation hereSakkreth has an incredible reputation hereSakkreth has an incredible reputation here

5 rings, carried to 3 by shaq(2 of them with major ref help), dude is retarded.
Sakkreth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 02:25 PM   #10
Dro
College superstar

Dro is considered somewhat coolDro is considered somewhat cool

I'm not mad at Kobe for this, in fact, I kind've agree with him. Yes, you want to win but we all know that individual accolades and stats count for a lot also. In a perfect world, you want both. He won his 3 rings, then did his own thing and built his historical status up and even won 2 more rings. Id say Kobe did it about as well as you could. I'm not a fan of how he handled the whole Shaq situation but I completely understand how he feels...You have all this immense talent yet there's always somebody over your shoulder, calling you the little brother, calling himself superman, etc..Its like b!tch, I got talent too and I need to be able to show it...No different than the average person who is very talented with say computes, or music, etc and not being able to fully let your talents be seen...It can eat you up on the inside, no matter how much "success" you may have...It depends on how that success came..Did you gain that success because you NEEDED to use every ounce of talent you had, or did you win because someone else did most of the heavy lifting, even though on the inside, you feel you could do the same if given the opportunity...People really need to think and put themselves in other's situations and honestly ask yourself, how would you feel...
Dro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 02:27 PM   #11
ripthekik
GIVEN NOT EARNED

ripthekik has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuniva_dAMiGhTy

No Wade and Bosh and Lebron is just another T-mac.. though there's nothing wrong with that
ripthekik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 02:27 PM   #12
Dro
College superstar

Dro is considered somewhat coolDro is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM
I do agree with this though, very good point...
Dro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 02:28 PM   #13
dh144498
ripthekik is my hero!

dh144498 is considered somewhat cooldh144498 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakkreth
5 rings, carried to 3 by shaq(2 of them with major ref help), dude is retarded.

is this logic?
dh144498 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 02:28 PM   #14
Real Men Wear Green
Your ad here

Real Men Wear Green is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableReal Men Wear Green is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableReal Men Wear Green is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableReal Men Wear Green is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableReal Men Wear Green is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableReal Men Wear Green is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableReal Men Wear Green is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableReal Men Wear Green is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableReal Men Wear Green is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableReal Men Wear Green is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableReal Men Wear Green is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

He's fooling himself if he thinks he'd have more than 5 rings if he didn't play with Shaq, unless by "somewhere else" he means going to San Antonio with Tim Duncan.
Real Men Wear Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 02:29 PM   #15
RoundMoundOfReb
Objective Poster

RoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
He's fooling himself if he thinks he'd have more than 5 rings if he didn't play with Shaq, unless by "somewhere else" he means going to San Antonio with Tim Duncan.
This.
RoundMoundOfReb is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: