Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 04-04-2013, 03:37 AM   #16
SourPatchKids
Banned

SourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Went to the McDonald's game tonight: Observations...

Will be interesting where Maxpreps ranks us next season withou Aaron in our lineup.
SourPatchKids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 03:41 AM   #17
sick_brah07
National High School Star

sick_brah07 has decent reputationsick_brah07 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbk123
yea i watched it. thats why i think op was smoking fukking crack when he says cat barber is a pass first point guard. Dude would literally take 2-3 possessions for himself and only pass when trying to bail himself out. And i think jabari is overrated too. The only good play i remember from him was his block on wiggins in the first minute and a dunk later on.

fair enough, i cant really comment to much i didnt watch it yet but ill check it out soon enough
sick_brah07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 03:46 AM   #18
brandonislegend
Old School Cool

brandonislegend is considered somewhat coolbrandonislegend is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIZARRO
Went to the game tonight. Here are some observations, based not just how they played in the game, but how good they project/or are currently in general.

Two best players on the floor:
Jabari Parker
Aaron Gordon

Jabari couldn't buy a shot early, so his numbers might be a little off, but he is the real deal. The most pro ready, the most complete, more strength and spring than I expected. A winner. Protected the basket early as the West got out to the lead. Also was playing with 3 black holes in Gordon, (who actually has great vision when he chooses to, but is attack/drive first) and the Harrisons. You could tell Parker din't like playing with the Harrisons, it was palpable. He was trying to direct them through screens, not getting passed to by them when open, was visibly disgusted. Anyway, not sure how it translated on TV, but live he is the real deal.
Him and Gordon really get on well. You could tell as they were talking, laughing suring every break/timeout.
He is the best player in the class IMO.
Pro equivalent- Mix between Melo and Grant Hill.

Gordon is a close second. Dude is legit. Just a great, attacking motor. He will always get his. Good on the offensive glass, surprisingly great passer. Not bad handles. Great demanor. Another winner. If Parker and him played together in college with their size, skill, etc. they would destroy.
Just very impressive, always in the right place at the right time. Great hops.
Parker is the best player, most complete, but Gordon is the one who can hang with him.
Pro Equivalent- A more skilled, visioned Blake Griffin.

Others:

Andrew Wiggins- Once again, I am trying not go by just one game but by what I think just from who they are in general, and to be honest I think Wiggins is probably overrated. I took one look at him and said THAT's Andrew Wiggins, and not in a good way. Don't get me wrong the guy has the SICKEST hops. I mean, other than LBJ, MJ and some (very, very few special leapers I've never seen anyone get up like he does. Just pretty amazing, head over the rim. Pretty amazing. But he looked stiff to me, small shoulders. If I didn't know him I would have thought most of the time that he was just another guy out there. He has a sick spin move, attacked Parker a couple times impressively, but he just didn't look nearly as special in warmups, the game, in general as I thought he'd be. He is not currently IMO on the level of Parker and Gordon. They were men among boys, he was one of the boys.Perhaps the fact he still had 19 despite looking ordinary is a testament to how good he really is, I just don't see it so much, at least as a winning basketball player.
Pro equivalent- A smaller, skinnier Dominique.

The Sleeper:
Anthony Barber- Most entertaining player to me and my 2 friends I went to the game with. The most pass first player out there. Small, but lightning quick. Sick handles, passing. Guy is awesome. If he can grow a little, put something on his frame, can be special.
Pro Equivalent: Mix between Rondo, Kenny Anderson, hint of Brandon Jennings.

Julius Randle- Had some moments where you were like man, that is some sick potential and pro moves. Good court vision and passing. Didn't have the best game, but he is a top 4-6 player in the class IMO.
Pro equivalent: Luol Deng mixed with Zach Randolph.

Nigel Williams-Goss- Sick defender, pretty good overall.
Pro equivalent- Smaller Matt Barnes.

James Young- Nothing special.
Isaac Hamilton-Nothing special.

The Harrisons- Play with a total edge. Almost angry out there. Good chemistry together. But as I mentioned not the easiest to play with. But you will win with them due to their aggressiveness and energy.
When the West had Parker, Gordon, and the Harrisons out there together, they basically would slaughter the East. Just too physically imposing.
Pro equivalent: Chauncey Billups.

Bobby Portis, Jr. -Not bad. Good size, little passive.
Pro equivalent: Chirs Bosh.

Matt Jones- Solid, but nothing special.

Jabari Bird. - Solid, but nothing special either. A little smallish, skinny.

Marcus Lee- Nothing special.

Jarrell Martin
Dakari Johnson
These two stuck out as very solid inside presences. Both BIG dudes and skilled. Was impressed by both. Zach Randolph types. Just agressive and tough. Liked both of their games.

Kasey Hill- Nothing special.
Wayne Selden- Had a couple of moments. Nothing Special.

Rondae Hollison Jefferson- Had some really good moments. Think he has some really good potential.

Keith Frazier- Hear he was practicing awesome. But didn't notice anything, or at least don't remember anything about seeing him.

Isaiah Hicks- Nothing special.
Kennedy Meeks- Nothing special.
Demetrius Jackson- Nothing special.

Chris Walker- SICK hops and athlete. Great length. Something about his passiveness, when not dunking of course, bothers me. He is a wildcard, could be great, or not at all.
Pro equivalent: Darius Miles.

Noah Vonleh- Solid, Upper half in talent to be sure. Not spectacular, but good.

Anyway, there you have it. I think Parker and Gordon are the best and most likely will be the best ones. Wiggins of course has a chance to be special, but he does not project at all to me to being the next "great" one. Barber is sick and exciting. Randle could turn out to be very good. Jarrel MArtin and Dakari Johnson are really good inside. Walker is a great athlete. The Harrison's are pretty tough kids no doubt.

Top 10 would go like this:
1. Parker
2. Gordon
3. Wiggins
4. Barber
5. Randle
6. Johnson
7. Martin
8 and 9. The Harrisons
10. Vonleh

Hopefully this gives some insight. Just my opinion after watching everyone all night. Fun game to go to. Lot of great plays.

brandonislegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 03:53 AM   #19
Dave3
NBA lottery pick

Dave3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDave3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDave3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDave3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDave3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDave3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDave3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDave3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDave3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDave3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDave3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Yeah I have to say I watched the game in person and I too disagree with a couple of these observations. The East point guard was terrible at moving the ball.

Julius Randle great court vision? Everytime he touched the ball it was head down and force something to the basket.

And you mention that Parker is the one that had to play with guys that wouldn't move the ball? The West team did a much much better job passing the ball than the East, which is why Andrew Wiggins almost completely didn't touch it.
Dave3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 03:54 AM   #20
BIZARRO
Local High School Star

BIZARRO has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by sick_brah07
not trying to be a smart ass did you watch the whole game?

i didnt so i cant really comment but im hjust curious as to wether or not your just reading stats

Exactly. I could care less what Parker shot tonight, as he missed some shots early, and didn't get it going in that regard as they were substituting in short 4 minute increments in this type of game. I'm just going by the eye test which Parker and Gordon really impressed on. It's an all star game, you can't really go by stats all that much.

If there is an all star game where Joe Johnson scores 21 and another where Lebron scores 12 or something, you're not, if you have a pulse, going to watch them play and think Jennings is the better player. If you watched the game live, the warmups, their polish, their confidence, their current skill, just their presence, Parker and Gordon are a cut above.

Once again, watching live it wasn't really close. Those two, Parker and Gordon, were the two alpha dogs out there.
BIZARRO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 04:00 AM   #21
BIZARRO
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave3
Yeah I have to say I watched the game in person and I too disagree with a couple of these observations. The East point guard was terrible at moving the ball.

Julius Randle great court vision? Everytime he touched the ball it was head down and force something to the basket.

And you mention that Parker is the one that had to play with guys that wouldn't move the ball? The West team did a much much better job passing the ball than the East, which is why Andrew Wiggins almost completely didn't touch it.

Yes, the starting East point guard was terrible at moving the ball, not Barber though who came off the bench. Who also led the West in assists with only one turnover. Dude was electric by the way.

Randle made some great passes tonight. He made some forced drives, but I don't know what game you're watching if you think he didn't throw some sick passes.
And if you're questioning his passing in general:
http://247sports.com/Article/Julius-...in-2013-115606

Parker did plays with guys who wouldn't move the ball, Wiggins did too. Because no one moved the ball. It was straight, everybody get theirs. Except for Barber who made some great inventive, unselfish plays and really stuck out in that regard.

Last edited by BIZARRO : 04-04-2013 at 04:10 AM.
Old 04-04-2013, 04:09 AM   #22
BIZARRO
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonislegend

Yeah, and you realize Kasey Hill was 1-5 for 2 points. But once again stats are also not really what I'm talking about. In addition, he just looked like a regular player out there as well relative to everyone else.
Old 04-04-2013, 04:16 AM   #23
Dave3
NBA lottery pick

Dave3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDave3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDave3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDave3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDave3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDave3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDave3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDave3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDave3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDave3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDave3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Yes, the starting East point guard was terrible at moving the ball, not Barber though who came off the bench. Who also led the West in assists with only one turnover. Dude was electric by the way.

Randle made some great passes tonight. He made some forced drives, but I don't know what game you're watching if you think he didn't throw some sick passes.
And if you're questioning his passing in general:
http://247sports.com/Article/Julius-...in-2013-115606

Parker did plays with guys who wouldn't move the ball, Wiggins did too. Because no one moved the ball. It was straight, everybody get theirs. Except for Barber who made some great inventive, unselfish plays and really stuck out in that regard.
When Randle did pass the ball though it was because he was completely out of options. His mind set was to score first, score second, score third, and pass fourth in this game. I'm not questioning anything generally I'm just talking about this game. And Parker got the ball way more than Wiggins did, as shown by his 13 shot attempts in which he was given the ball and allowed to create for himself. Wiggins was never given that opportunity.

Yeah everyone was playing for themselves, but the West still moved the ball way more than the East did. If you check the game thread everyone is pretty much agreeing on observations as we all saw the same thing.
Dave3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 10:06 AM   #24
KG215
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

KG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

How you could watch that game last night and come away more impressed with Paker than Wiggins is beyond me.
KG215 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 10:31 AM   #25
KyrieTheFuture
College superstar

KyrieTheFuture has a terrific reputationKyrieTheFuture has a terrific reputationKyrieTheFuture has a terrific reputationKyrieTheFuture has a terrific reputationKyrieTheFuture has a terrific reputationKyrieTheFuture has a terrific reputation

Julius Randle would be the number one pick this year idk if he's a sleeper
KyrieTheFuture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 11:16 AM   #26
BIZARRO
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG215
How you could watch that game last night and come away more impressed with Paker than Wiggins is beyond me.

Parker is the better passer, rebounder, help defender, better at blocking shots, better team player, more polished, bigger, stronger, more developed, better all-around, higher release point, better winning basketball player right now flat out.
His shot just wasn't falling last night, as he missed some easy ones he could make in his sleep.
Truly, after seeing both of them live, I feel the opposite in that how anyone who is more impressed with Wiggins is beyond me.

Maybe, and I mean a slight maybe, I could see Wiggins long term, though I'd still take Parker. But after really watching them up close, definitely Parker right now.
Old 04-04-2013, 11:22 AM   #27
pauk
NBA Legend

pauk has a near all-star reputation herepauk has a near all-star reputation herepauk has a near all-star reputation herepauk has a near all-star reputation herepauk has a near all-star reputation herepauk has a near all-star reputation here

I agree about Wiggins and the comparison to Dominique (doubt he will be that good tho), to many people watch the highlights only.... if you watch the games you will see he is nothing that special, perhaps what the highlight videos lie the most about is his ballhandling, which is actually very unrefined, he pulls alot of moves but he also fumbles alot due to lack of ballsecurity/ballcontrol
pauk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 11:40 AM   #28
Flash88
Kids at the park dunk on me

Flash88 is popular on this boardFlash88 is popular on this boardFlash88 is popular on this boardFlash88 is popular on this board

Anthony Barber can't shoot.

Everyone could've gotten free Big Macs if he made his free throws at the end... and then he missed the open 3 that would've given everyone the Big Macs. LOL.
Flash88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 11:44 AM   #29
nathanjizzle
OG

nathanjizzle has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsnathanjizzle has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsnathanjizzle has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsnathanjizzle has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsnathanjizzle has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these parts

mcdonalds game means nothing.
nathanjizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 12:38 PM   #30
KG215
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

KG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Parker is the better passer, rebounder, help defender, better at blocking shots, better team player, more polished, bigger, stronger, more developed, better all-around, higher release point, better winning basketball player right now flat out.
His shot just wasn't falling last night, as he missed some easy ones he could make in his sleep.
Truly, after seeing both of them live, I feel the opposite in that how anyone who is more impressed with Wiggins is beyond me.

Maybe, and I mean a slight maybe, I could see Wiggins long term, though I'd still take Parker. But after really watching them up close, definitely Parker right now.
And you're using one glorified pick-up game to base this on?
KG215 is online now   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: