Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 04-04-2013, 12:41 PM   #31
KG215
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

KG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Went to the McDonald's game tonight: Observations...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash88
Anthony Barber can't shoot.

Everyone could've gotten free Big Macs if he made his free throws at the end... and then he missed the open 3 that would've given everyone the Big Macs. LOL.
Was that the PG on Wggins team? If so, he's also a major ball hog...or at least he was last night.
KG215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 01:22 PM   #32
BIZARRO
Local High School Star

BIZARRO has decent reputationBIZARRO has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG215
And you're using one glorified pick-up game to base this on?

Why is this such a difficult concept to understand man? The whole point is that I'm not basing this one game, as much as trying to see who these players ARE, basically scouting them from seeing them live. I could care less in who got x many rebounds, assists, points, etc. and the whole reason for writing a thread is because rarely does anyone get a chance to see all of these players together live. Trying to fill some of you all in on a unique perspective from being there, and just sharing what I saw. Just my opinion.

Like basically NEVER, other than practices this week could you see all of these players together live (and even then the teams were separated and unless you were in the media, and a lot of the local media said that not only is Wiggins not the best player, but maybe even not the best before last night's game all week).

The West coach said Parker stood out in practices, best, most complete player, even with other all-americans, and live it was obvious to see why.

And I went in with my friends, raving about how much I wanted to see Wiggins, from his mixtape, etc. and came away really disappointed. Saw him and was like THAT is Andrew Wiggins, and not in a good way. Wish it wasn't the case. I was as jacked up from his mix tape as anyone.

Parker and Gordon aren't the two best to me because of what they did or didn't do last night. Gordon got a lot of easy buckets on no D from the East, showing not much skill on a lot of them, and Parker missed some easy shots, and didn't get back a couple times which was lame, so they weren't perfect.

Parker and Gordon are the best two to me because just from watching who they ARE as players, not from what they did, but from HOW they did it, and it was pretty obvious after watching everything.
BIZARRO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 01:26 PM   #33
KG215

KG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

But you admit, you're basing all of this off one game?
Old 04-04-2013, 01:27 PM   #34
BIZARRO
Local High School Star

Quote:
Was that the PG on Wggins team? If so, he's also a major ball hog...or at least he was last night.

Barber wasn't the point with Wiggins.
Barber didn't play with Wiggins on the court other than maybe the last couple minutes (and that's a maybe as I can't remember). He led the team in assists as well, which doesn't matter to me, other than that it showed technically he was passing.

Anyway, if you watch Barber last night, the dude was electric. Guy was the quickest player on the court and made some highlight film passes. He was very impressive in how he did everything. My friends and I were like, MAN, numerous times watching him. He was our favorite player to watch by far and stood out. If he can get physically stronger, he could, emphasis could, be special.
Old 04-04-2013, 01:38 PM   #35
BIZARRO
Local High School Star

Quote:
But you admit, you're basing all of this off one game?

Sure, though after reading what the West coaches have said about Parker this week, what I saw makes a lot more sense as well. But I don't care about admitting anything. Doesn't matter to me. If I saw Kobe and Joe Johnson, and Johnson outscored him or whatever in one all-star game, etc. I still, while having a pulse, am in no way going to say Johnson is the better player. It would be obvious that Kobe was in HOW he did things.

There are SO many things you can't see on TV that you do live. Like Parker was right there for every put back after Gordon, or the Harrisons, scored, or Parker's great help defense, and just overall mojo and confidence and pro type skill. He reminded me of watching tapes of Bird, where he was so confident, skilled, and always did the little things so well. Maximizes everything for the win.

It's no wonder the guy just won 4 straight High School Championships.

He is definitely more of a "winning" basketball player right now, and last night his unit just destroyed Wiggins (who is kind of invisible when he doesn't have the ball), not because they did on the board (which they did too), but because they would have almost always if you played that game 100 times. Just from watching I can tell you that as a winning ball player right now it isn't very close.

No big deal, guess it will play out in the coming years.
Old 04-04-2013, 01:46 PM   #36
kNicKz
College superstar

kNicKz is a pretty well-respected posterkNicKz is a pretty well-respected posterkNicKz is a pretty well-respected poster

I saw Wiggins play in person and don't think he is what the mixtapes are telling you. There were a few periods of time where he disappeared on offense and defense. You don't see these periods of time when watching mixtapes of him with his head over the rim repeatedly. Jabari and Gordon are better imo
kNicKz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 01:47 PM   #37
kNicKz
College superstar

kNicKz is a pretty well-respected posterkNicKz is a pretty well-respected posterkNicKz is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIZARRO

There are SO many things you can't see on TV that you do live.

Very true. Wiggins was sulking the whole game when i saw him because Xavier was scoring, and then wiggins missed quite a few free throws. They actually almost lost lol. The game was against New Hampton
Old 04-04-2013, 01:47 PM   #38
KG215

It's probably just not the best idea to come on here pounding your chest as some sort of expert based off seeing these players live, one time, in a glorified pick-up game.

It just caught me off guard because one of the things I was able to pick-up last night, while watching on TV, is that Wiggins appeared to be the best player on the floor. He got his points within the flow of the offense (which is damn near impossible to do in the McD's AA game) and effectively drew fouls and got to the line. He damn near fouled Wiggins out of the game which, again, is almost impossible to do in an McD's AA game. So, you saying you came away more impressed with Parker than Wiggins, it just sounded agenda driven and strange. I'm sure it wasn't, but it came off that way.

Last edited by KG215 : 04-04-2013 at 01:50 PM.
Old 04-04-2013, 01:56 PM   #39
BIZARRO
Local High School Star

Quote:
It's probably just not the best idea to come on here pounding your chest as some sort of expert based off seeing these players live, one time, in a glorified pick-up game.

C'mon man, why so mean spirited. Did you read anything I just wrote. I'm not pounding my chest as some sort of expert, just went to the game and came back and reported on what I saw. Simple as that. Just my opinion.

Take it as you will, I can only be honest in my assessment of who I think these players are in HOW they do things. Though I do think being there counts for something, it is still just one man's opinion. But I feel confident on this particular one to be sure.

Once again, just went to a game and wrote down what I saw. I wish more people would do that actually.
Old 04-04-2013, 03:16 PM   #40
dbk123
Banned

dbk123 has not been impressing people

What I dont understand is how you are taking all other game that these kids played during the season into account. You say that outside of this game parker and gordon are the best. Have you actually seen gordon play? He got torched by aaron harrison earlier in the season. Aaron scored the game winning shot on him and gordon came back and bricked it for the tie.
dbk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 03:25 PM   #41
kNicKz
College superstar

By saying he's 2-3 in the nation instead of number 1 he's pounding his chest? Do you have an intimate relationship with Wiggins that you aren't telling us about?
Old 04-04-2013, 03:30 PM   #42
kNicKz
College superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbk123
What I dont understand is how you are taking all other game that these kids played during the season into account. You say that outside of this game parker and gordon are the best. Have you actually seen gordon play? He got torched by aaron harrison earlier in the season. Aaron scored the game winning shot on him and gordon came back and bricked it for the tie.

a 6'8" power forward guarding the best point guard in the country with a team of 5'11" white kids and only losing by 2

yeah, Gordon sucks
Old 04-04-2013, 03:36 PM   #43
FreezingTsmoove
#H3AT nation,GangGreen

FreezingTsmoove posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryFreezingTsmoove posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by kNicKz

a 6'8" power forward guarding the best point guard in the country with a team of 5'11" white kids and only losing by 2

yeah, Gordon sucks

There's one kid under 6 ft on Aaron Gordons team......
FreezingTsmoove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 03:39 PM   #44
dbk123
Banned

dbk123 has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by kNicKz

yeah, Gordon sucks
yea lol getting torched for 27 points against aaron(who is not a point guard) and scoring 12 points in an overtime game. Im not saying he sucks but to say he is better than all these other players in the class because he dunked 10 times in an all star game is stupid.
dbk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 03:43 PM   #45
kNicKz
College superstar

i watch prep basketball all season and have seen all of them play. Jabari is #1. #2 is close betwen wiggins and gordon. I didn't mention anywhere about him dunking in the mcdonalds game as a way of supporting my points. He is slightly better than Wiggins right now
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: