Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 02-15-2007, 02:11 PM   #16
TheOakman
I hit open layups

TheOakman has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Isaih is doing a good job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blakdes
Larry Brown is a great coach?? Since when. Whats funny is that before larry got to the pistons he was seen as a great coach in the regular season. A bad play off coach. so overall he was mediocre. Now Joe Dumars HANDED HIM a title, he's a great coach?? F.O.H.

Larry Brown is a good coach and thats about it. There is nothing great about him. He's not a motivator, he's not into developing players. what he does do very well is strategically set up lineups and follow through. Thats pretty much his worth.

Larry Brown has won a NBA championship and a NCAA Title. His biggest knock was always that he is a nomad. He took the Sixers to the NBA finals with Iverson and a bunch of role players. Everywhere he went, before he came to the Knicks, the teams became better. I mean, he made the Clippers a playoff team, that alone should make him one of the best.

You may love Isiah, but Larry Brown has forgotten more about coaching basketball than Isiah Thomas knows.
TheOakman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 03:53 PM   #17
jjswifty

jjswifty has an incredible reputation herejjswifty has an incredible reputation herejjswifty has an incredible reputation herejjswifty has an incredible reputation herejjswifty has an incredible reputation herejjswifty has an incredible reputation herejjswifty has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by blakdes
Larry Brown is a great coach?? Since when. Whats funny is that before larry got to the pistons he was seen as a great coach in the regular season. A bad play off coach. so overall he was mediocre. Now Joe Dumars HANDED HIM a title, he's a great coach?? F.O.H.

Larry Brown is a good coach and thats about it. There is nothing great about him. He's not a motivator, he's not into developing players. what he does do very well is strategically set up lineups and follow through. Thats pretty much his worth.

wow. To say LB is not a great coach is just stupid. You must really be brainwashed by Isiah. Dont worry...I dont blame you...hopefully Dolan wakes up soon and fires him.

I think when the Nets move to brooklyn and rebuild a good team...it will force the Knicks to make better decisions and Dolan will never keep a guy like Isiah this long.
jjswifty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 03:55 PM   #18
Amigo
Knicks Fan 4 Life

Amigo has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjswifty
wow. To say LB is not a great coach is just stupid. You must really be brainwashed by Isiah. Dont worry...I dont blame you...hopefully Dolan wakes up soon and fires him.

I think when the Nets move to brooklyn and rebuild a good team...it will force the Knicks to make better decisions and Dolan will never keep a guy like Isiah this long.

Agreed!
Amigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 04:30 PM   #19
bballnoob
Decent college freshman

bballnoob is considered somewhat coolbballnoob is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Isiah is doing a good job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LouV
Jeffries was starting in Washington.

Isiah has done a Great job as a GM. He's done an ok job as a coach.

I like his player rotations. I don't think this Knick team plays enough defense. That's been his biggest failure as a coach so far. But it's still very early. It takes a team 2 years to learn to play together, and he's only been coaching them 6 months. And they're starting to play better defensively.

I liked the way he realized Curry's weakness defensively was causing other teams to go at him, causing Knicks to doubleteam, and allowing open jumpers -- and so he put Jerome James in starting lineup. Worked for two games. Isiah has shown he'll make adjustments and not play favorites.

The Knicks aren't going anywhere without great defense. As good as Balkman is, Jeffries is a bonafide NBA-proven defensive stopper and intimidator. He's 6'11" and has proven he can shut down the best scorers in the league. So if the Knicks are going to be a real contender, they're going to need Jeffries to get back to where he was in DC.

David Lee is best off the bench. He's going to win 6th man of the year. He still needs to improve his defense. His spark and energy off the bench helps the team and he plays 35 minutes anyway, and finishes the game, so starting is almost completely unimportant.

I like the way Isiah has gotten the ball to Curry inside. It causes everything to go right -- Curry gets the ball more, plays more in rhythm, gets less offensive fouls, racks up 20plus points a game, starts getting calls from the refs, and now he's passing out of the post better, and Marbury is starting to thrive.

KNICKS ARE LOOKING GOOD !!!!!!

Although they'll probably lose their next 3. They're still looking good !

And it's all Isiah's fault !

AND HERE'S A BONUS:

THE KNICKS DON'T HAVE THE FOLLOWING ROSTER ANYMORE:
C: DIKEMBE MUTUMBO - AGE 54
PF: KURT THOMAS - ONLY PLAYER ON LEAGUE ANYONE WANTED
SF: KEITH VAN HORN - WHERE IS HE NOW?
SG: ALAN HOUSTON - DONE BUT NOONE WOULD SAY SO
PG: CHARLIE WARD - RETIRED

KEY RESERVES: OTHELLA HARRINGTON, CLARENCE WEATHERSPOON, "FRANCHISE-PLAYER-OF-THE-FUTURE" MICHEL LAMPE, SHANDON ANDERSON, AND HOWARD EISLEY

And when Isiah took over EVERY MEDIA GUY IN TOWN said he couldn't do ANYTHING with that roster because the Knicks were 60 million over the cap (team payroll of $108) deep into the future !!!

ISIAH THOMAS IS SANTA CLAUS

Although I'm not in here to bash and I acknowledge Isiah has improved the Knicks, this post is mostly trash. Jefferies can shut down the best scorers in the NBA? Lee isn't winning 6th man. How can you give credit for such an obvious thing as giving the ball to you best offensive player
bballnoob is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: