Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Detroit Pistons Forum

Detroit Pistons Forum Detroit Pistons message board - pistons fan forum

Old 04-06-2013, 06:32 AM   #1
insidehoops
Administrator

insidehoops has disabled reputation
Default Lawrence Frank not looking at Rutgers job

Despite a report that Pistons coach Lawrence Frank might be a candidate for the vacant Rutgers job, on Friday, Frank reaffirmed his satisfaction with his current position in Auburn Hills.

"I like being coach of the Pistons," he said at practice.

Frank sounded genuinely excited when he talked about this summer and described it as potentially "the biggest off-season" for the franchise in five years.

"This is a rare year -- the first time in five years we've had the flexibility going forward," Frank said of the Pistons, who have flexibility within the salary cap and can sign free agents. "There's going to be a lot of big decisions made that can set up the franchise for the future."

-- Detroit Free Press
insidehoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 08:19 AM   #2
embersyc
Lurker

embersyc has a near all-star reputation hereembersyc has a near all-star reputation hereembersyc has a near all-star reputation hereembersyc has a near all-star reputation hereembersyc has a near all-star reputation hereembersyc has a near all-star reputation here
Default Re: Lawrence Frank not looking at Rutgers job

The first of those big decisions to set up the franchise for the future will be ejecting Frank's ass from the mix.
embersyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 10:49 AM   #3
Kombo
:)

Kombo has decent reputationKombo has decent reputation

I imagine Frank being a very good college coach. His work hard and earn minutes at practice philosphy would do well in building a consistently successful program.

Not that it matters, but I miss Rick Carlisle. Who knows if he would have won us a championship, but the guy has been one of the best coaches in the league now for 10 years. It would have been cool if he was our coach this whole time.
Kombo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 07:12 PM   #4
dd24
College superstar

dd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kombo
I imagine Frank being a very good college coach. His work hard and earn minutes at practice philosphy would do well in building a consistently successful program.

Not that it matters, but I miss Rick Carlisle. Who knows if he would have won us a championship, but the guy has been one of the best coaches in the league now for 10 years. It would have been cool if he was our coach this whole time.

I was always a Carlisle fan too. It's been a long time since we've had a good coach....
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: