Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-07-2013, 12:07 AM   #76
Patrick Chewing
Cobra Kai Sensei
 
Patrick Chewing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: NYC
Posts: 9,370
Default Re: NBA.com "Melo's Recent Run Creates 'What Ifs"

Quote:
Originally Posted by NumberSix
What makes this Knicks franchise any better than the Bucks or the Warriors? Seriously, what?


1. Better record
2. Better players
3. Top 5 Player on team
4. Better record
5. Better players


It's simple, really. Take your troll goggles off and maybe you'll see.
Patrick Chewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 12:15 AM   #77
NumberSix
Big Booty Hoes!!
 
NumberSix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: The Internets
Posts: 23,199
Default Re: NBA.com "Melo's Recent Run Creates 'What Ifs"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Chewing
1. Better record
2. Better players
3. Top 5 Player on team
4. Better record
5. Better players


It's simple, really. Take your troll goggles off and maybe you'll see.
You misunderstand me sir. I'm not arguing that the Knicks aren't better than the Bucks or the Warriors this season. That's clearly true. The Knicks are obviously better than the Bucks and probably better than the Warriors.

The franchise. What makes the Knicks a better franchise? Their perennial losers. They've won a single playoff game in the last 10 years. They havent even been close to being contenders. What makes them a higher tier franchise than the Bucks or Warriors?

The fact they they are an even larger market team than the Lakers, wouldn't it make them even more of a failure than small market teams with the same lack of success?
NumberSix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 12:42 AM   #78
The Choken One
<3 LeBron <3 Heat <3
 
The Choken One's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 1,823
Default Re: NBA.com "Melo's Recent Run Creates 'What Ifs"

Quote:
Originally Posted by NumberSix
You misunderstand me sir. I'm not arguing that the Knicks aren't better than the Bucks or the Warriors this season. That's clearly true. The Knicks are obviously better than the Bucks and probably better than the Warriors.

The franchise. What makes the Knicks a better franchise? Their perennial losers. They've won a single playoff game in the last 10 years. They havent even been close to being contenders. What makes them a higher tier franchise than the Bucks or Warriors?

The fact they they are an even larger market team than the Lakers, wouldn't it make them even more of a failure than small market teams with the same lack of success?
Lakers the best, best respect that bish.
The Choken One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 03:18 AM   #79
Patrick Chewing
Cobra Kai Sensei
 
Patrick Chewing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: NYC
Posts: 9,370
Default Re: NBA.com "Melo's Recent Run Creates 'What Ifs"

Quote:
Originally Posted by NumberSix
You misunderstand me sir. I'm not arguing that the Knicks aren't better than the Bucks or the Warriors this season. That's clearly true. The Knicks are obviously better than the Bucks and probably better than the Warriors.

The franchise. What makes the Knicks a better franchise? Their perennial losers. They've won a single playoff game in the last 10 years. They havent even been close to being contenders. What makes them a higher tier franchise than the Bucks or Warriors?

The fact they they are an even larger market team than the Lakers, wouldn't it make them even more of a failure than small market teams with the same lack of success?


The Knicks are perennial losers?? Cause prior to the 2000-2001 season, the Knicks made 14 straight post-season appearances. You can't obviously be dense enough to only be talking about the last 10 years and then mention "franchise" which goes back years and years buddy.

Your argument (which you never really had one) is completely moot, because if you want to talk about perennial losers as of late, then that includes almost every team outside of the Lakers, Spurs, Heat, and Bulls.
Patrick Chewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 06:33 AM   #80
magic14
I brick open layups
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 106
Default Re: NBA.com "Melo's Recent Run Creates 'What Ifs"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingwillball
Yeah a guy who never lead his team anywhere in playoffs compared to a giy who has played in 3 championships and is pretty much a constant deep in playoffs all career long.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NumberSix
They've won a single playoff game in the last 10 years.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DealWithIt
Melo is a perennial loser.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KyrieTheFuture
Your quest to get Melo's first accolade is so ****ing adorable
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Incredible
Melo has done nothing in his career that's worthwhile. Is that not true?

Troll harder next time bro. You're lousy at it.
What will the argument be when they win another playoff series?
magic14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 06:35 AM   #81
SeattleSonics
Can barely lace up my sneakers
 
SeattleSonics's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 21
Default Re: NBA.com "Melo's Recent Run Creates 'What Ifs"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Chewing
The Knicks are perennial losers?? Cause prior to the 2000-2001 season, the Knicks made 14 straight post-season appearances. You can't obviously be dense enough to only be talking about the last 10 years and then mention "franchise" which goes back years and years buddy.

Your argument (which you never really had one) is completely moot, because if you want to talk about perennial losers as of late, then that includes almost every team outside of the Lakers, Spurs, Heat, and Bulls.

He wouldn't know what a perennial loser is. He switches bandwagons whenever a new team looks to have a chip on lock. Laker and Heat fan
SeattleSonics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 09:26 AM   #82
nycelt84
Good High School Starter
 
nycelt84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 998
Default Re: NBA.com "Melo's Recent Run Creates 'What Ifs"

Warriors have more titles than the Knicks and better players through their franchise history. All-time Warriors>Knicks.
nycelt84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 11:30 AM   #83
Blue&Orange
NBA lottery pick
 
Blue&Orange's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 5,907
Default Re: NBA.com "Melo's Recent Run Creates 'What Ifs"

Quote:
Originally Posted by NumberSix
You misunderstand me sir. I'm not arguing that the Knicks aren't better than the Bucks or the Warriors this season. That's clearly true. The Knicks are obviously better than the Bucks and probably better than the Warriors.

The franchise. What makes the Knicks a better franchise? Their perennial losers. They've won a single playoff game in the last 10 years. They havent even been close to being contenders. What makes them a higher tier franchise than the Bucks or Warriors?

The fact they they are an even larger market team than the Lakers, wouldn't it make them even more of a failure than small market teams with the same lack of success?
Heat could win 10 in a row and the Knicks would still be 10x the better franchise.
Blue&Orange is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 01:07 PM   #84
Bandito
NBA Role Player
 
Bandito's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Puerto Rico
Posts: 14,391
Default Re: NBA.com "Melo's Recent Run Creates 'What Ifs"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Chewing
The Knicks are perennial losers?? Cause prior to the 2000-2001 season, the Knicks made 14 straight post-season appearances. You can't obviously be dense enough to only be talking about the last 10 years and then mention "franchise" which goes back years and years buddy.

Your argument (which you never really had one) is completely moot, because if you want to talk about perennial losers as of late, then that includes almost every team outside of the Lakers, Spurs, Heat, and Bulls.
He probably started watching since 2004...
Bandito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 02:54 PM   #85
longtime lurker
NBA sixth man of the year
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 7,852
Default Re: NBA.com "Melo's Recent Run Creates 'What Ifs"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Chewing
The Knicks are perennial losers?? Cause prior to the 2000-2001 season, the Knicks made 14 straight post-season appearances. You can't obviously be dense enough to only be talking about the last 10 years and then mention "franchise" which goes back years and years buddy.

Your argument (which you never really had one) is completely moot, because if you want to talk about perennial losers as of late, then that includes almost every team outside of the Lakers, Spurs, Heat, and Bulls.

You seriously under estimate the stupidity of numbersix. He's a Heat fan his idea of franchise "history" extends back to 3 years
longtime lurker is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:07 AM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy