Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 04-16-2013, 11:46 AM   #16
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Should we somehow try to get rid of Amare?

I just don't see a guy poise for a triumphant playoff comeback. I see a guy talking about coaching Canada. I see a guy doing press and marketing. I see a guy doing tons of great charity work. I'm not saying he isn't working hard behind the scenes but I think he's become comfortable with giving us these little glimpses of hope. Let's face it, somehow this fan base, as a whole, has exonerated him from blame. Despite being our teams highest paid player and basically being a no show for 2 playoffs in a row, Melo is the scapegoat for our teams failures. I think Amare has grown to accept that and is beginning to embrace the build ups behind all his return campaigns.

Going forward, regardless of who plays well and who stinks it up come playoff time, Amare needs to be the 1st person held accountable. I'm not getting mad at him for being hurt but he needs to ackowledge, in some way, the difficulties his injuries and contract place on this team.
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 12:56 PM   #17
Clutch
Stop flopping

Clutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
I just don't see a guy poise for a triumphant playoff comeback. I see a guy talking about coaching Canada. I see a guy doing press and marketing. I see a guy doing tons of great charity work. I'm not saying he isn't working hard behind the scenes but I think he's become comfortable with giving us these little glimpses of hope. Let's face it, somehow this fan base, as a whole, has exonerated him from blame. Despite being our teams highest paid player and basically being a no show for 2 playoffs in a row, Melo is the scapegoat for our teams failures. I think Amare has grown to accept that and is beginning to embrace the build ups behind all his return campaigns.

Going forward, regardless of who plays well and who stinks it up come playoff time, Amare needs to be the 1st person held accountable. I'm not getting mad at him for being hurt but he needs to ackowledge, in some way, the difficulties his injuries and contract place on this team.
It's actually 3.
2010-11 - missed 2.5 games against Boston because of injury,leaving Carmelo to play with scrubs
2011-12 - missed one game against Miami because of his stupidity,helped us to win game 4 but played like trash in games 1 and 2
2012-13 - probably going to miss the 1st round
Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 10:26 PM   #18
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clutch
It's actually 3.
2010-11 - missed 2.5 games against Boston because of injury,leaving Carmelo to play with scrubs
2011-12 - missed one game against Miami because of his stupidity,helped us to win game 4 but played like trash in games 1 and 2
2012-13 - probably going to miss the 1st round

Well I wasn't counting this year yet lol
Old 04-17-2013, 03:33 AM   #19
Clutch
Stop flopping

Clutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Well I wasn't counting this year yet lol
Better prepare yourself to do so because Amare won't be helping us this year either.
Old 04-17-2013, 10:52 AM   #20
kNicKz
College superstar

kNicKz is a pretty well-respected posterkNicKz is a pretty well-respected posterkNicKz is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluechox2
i still dont get why most of you are desperate to get rid of him....yea hes taking 20 mil of the cap, but getting rid of him doesnt mean we get to sign another guy for 20, it just means the team (who charges absurdly high prices for tickets with him or without him for the matter)will save a few bucks in taxes...we already overspent last summer...and we are a contender without him anyway, not like hes taking something away from us, but he will bring something when needed, if needed

We would definitely make moves with 20 mil freed up
kNicKz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 12:46 PM   #21
bluechox2
#knickstape

bluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

we'd only have a mid level or something close to that ammount either way to spend

only gain is to trade him to some sucker
bluechox2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 05:32 PM   #22
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

Woody just said Amare isn't even running yet.

So we're supposed to believe a guy who isn't even running yet is going to be a significant factor in ANY round of the playoffs? Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. I've heard this story before. Time to move forward as if he isn't going to be here and if he ever does return, he'll be a role player for a few minutes just to add to what we already are doing. The days of "can Amare n Melo play together" are over. Nobody needs to be trying to build around him anymore if he can't stay on the court. As far as I'm concerned, Amare isn't a Knicks player. He's a Knicks debt.
Old 04-17-2013, 08:02 PM   #23
Clutch
Stop flopping

Quote:
Woody just said Amare isn't even running yet.

So we're supposed to believe a guy who isn't even running yet is going to be a significant factor in ANY round of the playoffs? Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. I've heard this story before. Time to move forward as if he isn't going to be here and if he ever does return, he'll be a role player for a few minutes just to add to what we already are doing. The days of "can Amare n Melo play together" are over. Nobody needs to be trying to build around him anymore if he can't stay on the court. As far as I'm concerned, Amare isn't a Knicks player. He's a Knicks debt.
Just read my posts about him. I've given up on him a long time ago. I don't expect anything from him.
Old 04-17-2013, 09:04 PM   #24
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter

Scoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation here

Why we are blaming Amar'e for being injured? It's not like he meant to do it. Disappointment I get, but not anger.

I just see him as a bonus at this point. The team has been winning just fine without Amar'e this year. All the major pieces of that formula (Chander, Melo, Felton) will be good to go against the Celtics. If it's one-and-done again (how could it be this year?), it's all on Melo. He's gotten everything he wanted. His team, his coach, his buddies, no one who he has to share the ball with.

This playoff run may well be the most stark referendum on his career to date. I think it will be exciting. I don't see anyone in the East that's really worth a damn outside of the Heat and possibly the Bulls.
Scoooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 12:41 PM   #25
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoooter
Why we are blaming Amar'e for being injured? It's not like he meant to do it. Disappointment I get, but not anger.

I just see him as a bonus at this point. The team has been winning just fine without Amar'e this year. All the major pieces of that formula (Chander, Melo, Felton) will be good to go against the Celtics. If it's one-and-done again (how could it be this year?), it's all on Melo. He's gotten everything he wanted. His team, his coach, his buddies, no one who he has to share the ball with.

This playoff run may well be the most stark referendum on his career to date. I think it will be exciting. I don't see anyone in the East that's really worth a damn outside of the Heat and possibly the Bulls.

I'm perplexed by this comment. #1 I don't think anyone is mad at him for being injured. We're just tired of waiting on him. He's like a deadbeat dad. We're just waiting on him to show up and be a consistent part of this team. I just see a guy who, not only is always in street clothes, but seems to always be marketing himself in the public rather than rallying around the Knicks.

Secondly, how is this "all on Melo" and how did he get "everything he wanted." I don't recall A. Him wanting this roster going into the playoffs. B. Him wanting key personnel to be injured or C. Him ever saying he doesn't want to have to share the ball. He seems happiest on the court when the Knicks are clicking on all cylinders and he's getting buckets without having to force it. His playoff performances haven't been terrible thus far for NY so it's not his fault we haven't won a playoff series. At some point, we have to take our heads out of our asses and stop repeating the same irrelevant garbage. At some point we have to start, as a fan base, pointing the finger at the other players.
Old 04-18-2013, 12:46 PM   #26
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter

Scoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation here

Nope. Woodson will be a big factor, but ultimately Melo is the guy. Also, I got to use the word "referendum".
Old 04-18-2013, 01:24 PM   #27
Jasi
Quality?

Jasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoooter
Nope. Woodson will be a big factor, but ultimately Melo is the guy. Also, I got to use the word "referendum".

It is always nice when you get to stick a word you like in a longer context.
Jasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 04:41 PM   #28
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter

Indubitably.
Old 04-22-2013, 06:54 PM   #29
imranshump
Can barely lace up my sneakers

imranshump has an OK reputation so far

Why didn't we use the amnesty clause on him again?
imranshump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 05:43 AM   #30
el gringos
Good college starter

el gringos has not been impressing people

What would you say to amare+ shumpert + 1st for josh smith? If no would you do amare and either the 1st or shumpert
el gringos is online now   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: