Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 04-07-2013, 04:01 PM   #46
d.bball.guy
Heat fan since 2014

Default Re: Who are the favorite teams in your franchise's history that you were alive to see?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Element
2007-2008 Lakers - When Drew went out I was all . Then Pau came and that guy looked like a godsend from Jesus Christ himself the way he helped us bounce back. Kobe won MVP and I was all , like finally that mfcker gets one.
I forgot the 07-08 team. If Bynum wasn't out, the Lakers would have won the title. I was pretty happy when the Lakers got Pau on what used to look like a buttrape trade and loved how he delivered on the team. I miss that 07-10 Pau
d.bball.guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 04:29 PM   #47
Le Poopoo

Default Re: Who are the favorite teams in your franchise's history that you were alive to see?

The Houston Rockets of 1994-95.

They acquired for Clyde mid season before the trading deadline.

Many ppl had doubts since they had to give up Otis Thorpe their starting PF.

I admit I did have doubts too.

But that cinderella title run was awesome to watch. A true underdog NBA story. They were the lowest seed (6th) to win it all.

I was really happy for Clyde because it was his first (and only) title.
9512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 04:55 PM   #48
BoutPractice
Both teams played hard

1 -2011 Mavs. Just an incredibly charismatic team. They were a literal bunch of "mavericks". They had so much heart... everyone played like they had something to prove (which they did).
Their run was full of classic, historic moments, from Brandon Roy's amazing performance to the Lakers sweep and the spectacular comebacks against OKC and Miami.
The fact that they got their revenge against Miami made everything better, of course. The Dirk game winner followed by Wade's "et tu, ref" flop was about as cathartic as it gets.
2 - 2006 Mavs. They had a great run. People forget how unexpected their Finals appearance was in the first place... The Spurs series was particularly sweet.
3 - 2003 Mavs. The best team of the Don Nelson era, when the Mavs were all about eye pleasing offense, strange players and bigs shooting 3s.
BoutPractice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 05:26 PM   #49
Scholar
Gawdbe GOATsol Nashty

Look at my avy for the team. These are only in chronological order, not a ranking of favorite to least favorite.

1999-00: The start of a 3-peat. I used to be able to name every player on the active roster. I can't do it now without looking it up online because I sometimes get some players mixed up with others from the other 2 title wins.

2005-06: yeah, yeah. The team was just the Kobe show, but I was 15-16 yrs old at the time, and it was fun discussing Lakers basketball with my high school friends, especially with Kobe seemingly scoring 40 every night. Plus, it's funny to think back to that season and recall how even an injury to Chris Mihm was a huge deal to me. It was also the first time ever that I watched all 82 games. I had never done that before. Thank you, DVR.

2008-09: Kobe + Pau = championship

2009-10: possibly my favorite year. People thought the team was done, but this season started the "turn it on when it matters" chatter about the Lakers. They also won the NBA title in exciting fashion.
Scholar is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: