Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 04-07-2013, 01:13 PM   #1
tamaraw08
Decent college freshman

tamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Pau as the better option ?

Im talking about the crucial 4th quarters.
Against Dallas, Lakers badly needed a basket when the Mavs crept in, Pau got the ball at the low block and simply layed the ball in.
Dwight also got some touches but missed a few FTs.
Pau also scored about 6 crucial points in the 4th against the Memphis very stingy defense.
The opposing teams usually put their biggest player to guard Dwight, hence, Pau will have a shorter defender. Pau also is a MUCH BETTER FT shooter than Dwight.
I still remember last year when Kobe set up Bynum late vs Boston on the same side of the court. I really think Kobe should do the same for Pau.
tamaraw08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 02:33 AM   #2
DKLaker
NBA sixth man of the year

DKLaker has not been impressing people
Default Re: Pau as the better option ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamaraw08
Im talking about the crucial 4th quarters.
Against Dallas, Lakers badly needed a basket when the Mavs crept in, Pau got the ball at the low block and simply layed the ball in.
Dwight also got some touches but missed a few FTs.
Pau also scored about 6 crucial points in the 4th against the Memphis very stingy defense.
The opposing teams usually put their biggest player to guard Dwight, hence, Pau will have a shorter defender. Pau also is a MUCH BETTER FT shooter than Dwight.
I still remember last year when Kobe set up Bynum late vs Boston on the same side of the court. I really think Kobe should do the same for Pau.

This thread posted twice???

Of course you are right....however you are suggesting what Kobe should do instead of addressing the fact that the coach has to instruct him to do it......the offense is what the coach instructs it to be......and i'll say that you have better ideas than 'Antoni
DKLaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 04:50 PM   #3
Lakers_Kobe_Fan

Lakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputation

time to let it go and reconstruct again in the summer

1st thing they need to do is trade Nash and get a guy who can atleast stay in front of him...with blake c the difference?

pau gasol needs to go...as good as he is...he is getting up there in age..plus 40mil (sal +lux tax)

Artest needs to amnestied or restructure his contract

Amnesty blake if not artest....

lot of junk on that bench with 0 potential..ebanks/morris/duhon/sacre
Lakers_Kobe_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 11:13 PM   #4
bladefd
Good college starter

bladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakers_Kobe_Fan
time to let it go and reconstruct again in the summer

1st thing they need to do is trade Nash and get a guy who can atleast stay in front of him...with blake c the difference?

pau gasol needs to go...as good as he is...he is getting up there in age..plus 40mil (sal +lux tax)

Artest needs to amnestied or restructure his contract

Amnesty blake if not artest....

lot of junk on that bench with 0 potential..ebanks/morris/duhon/sacre

I agree with a lot of that.

Some things to note IMHO:
1) First thing to do in off-season is to trade Gasol for some younger role-player. Gasol/Laker days are over.

2) Nash is not tradeable. Nobody would take the amount of money on his deal with his age considered.

3) I wouldn't use amnesty yet. Blake is fine as a backup PG for the amount of money he makes. Artest can be alright at SF depending on situation. I wouldn't rush using amnesty until Gasol gets traded first.

4) I wouldn't re-sign any of those 4 bench guys you listed. Lakers need to cut bait or try to trade any of them for late round draft picks in next year's draft or something..
bladefd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 06:52 PM   #5
tamaraw08
Decent college freshman

tamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladefd
I agree with a lot of that.

Some things to note IMHO:
1) First thing to do in off-season is to trade Gasol for some younger role-player. Gasol/Laker days are over.

2) Nash is not tradeable. Nobody would take the amount of money on his deal with his age considered.

3) I wouldn't use amnesty yet. Blake is fine as a backup PG for the amount of money he makes. Artest can be alright at SF depending on situation. I wouldn't rush using amnesty until Gasol gets traded first.

4) I wouldn't re-sign any of those 4 bench guys you listed. Lakers need to cut bait or try to trade any of them for late round draft picks in next year's draft or something..
Im sorry guys for not being clear about this. I was talking about just the remainder of the season.
But I also would like the know the difference of your no. 2 reasoning to no. 1?
Pau will get what? 19 mil/year and he is not exactly blossoming either plus the huge luxury tax will take effect very soon. Who in his right mind would pay a guy who is on a decline, that crazy money plus probably pay that tax and at the same give up a young serviceable player.
Yes, I heard the TWolves wanted him but who can they get in exchange?
John Ireland also brought up a point? What if Dwight leaves and signs with another team, who is your center?
tamaraw08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 02:02 PM   #6
Lakers_Kobe_Fan

Lakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamaraw08
Im sorry guys for not being clear about this. I was talking about just the remainder of the season.
But I also would like the know the difference of your no. 2 reasoning to no. 1?
Pau will get what? 19 mil/year and he is not exactly blossoming either plus the huge luxury tax will take effect very soon. Who in his right mind would pay a guy who is on a decline, that crazy money plus probably pay that tax and at the same give up a young serviceable player.
Yes, I heard the TWolves wanted him but who can they get in exchange?
John Ireland also brought up a point? What if Dwight leaves and signs with another team, who is your center?

dwight howard is going nowhere.

Pau will have suitors...not every team is in lux tax hell like the lakers....

ATL can take him if JSmith doesnt want to sign with them....Cuban will pair him with Dirk.....

houston can still take him for parsons/lin and combo

a player like pau will always have a home...even if he makes 19mil....too bad for lakers he costs around 38mil lol or more
Lakers_Kobe_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: