Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 04-07-2013, 06:49 PM   #1
shady6121
NBA Fan

shady6121 has decent reputationshady6121 has decent reputation
Default Westbrook is the real alpha of the Thunder

It's becoming more and more apparent that the Thunder are Westbrook's team, not Durant's.
shady6121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 06:51 PM   #2
Vertical-24
Hollywood

Vertical-24 has decent reputation
Default Re: Westbrook is the real alpha of the Thunder

I've been saying that for a long time. Westbrook is the team's leader. HE takes over games when needed to. I don't care what the stats say, or show...I honestly believe Westbrook has much more of an impact on the game than Durant does. Durant is a great pure shooter and i'm sure he's a great teammate, but Westbrook's presence is just felt a lot more.
Vertical-24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 06:53 PM   #3
Psycho
Banned

Psycho has a bad reputationPsycho has a bad reputationPsycho has a bad reputation

People are really overreacting to Durant's slump. Earth ain't 6000 years old champ.
Psycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 06:54 PM   #4
truhooper
High School Starter

truhooper has an OK reputation so far

anyone who actually watches games saw that a long time ago
truhooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 06:55 PM   #5
shady6121
NBA Fan

shady6121 has decent reputationshady6121 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertical-24
I've been saying that for a long time. Westbrook is the team's leader. HE takes over games when needed to. I don't care what the stats say, or show...I honestly believe Westbrook has much more of an impact on the game than Durant does. Durant is a great pure shooter and i'm sure he's a great teammate, but Westbrook's presence is just felt a lot more.

Exactly he not only has more impact than Durant, but he also has more intangibles. Russell Westbrook is like a reincarnation of Isiah Thomas.
shady6121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 07:06 PM   #6
Rubio2Gasol
College star

Rubio2Gasol has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by shady6121
Exactly he not only has more impact than Durant, but he also has more intangibles. Russell Westbrook is like a reincarnation of Isiah Thomas.

I like WB BUT

I think they're more equal than the media loves to pretend they are. I think Durant has flaws like the media likes to pretend he doesn't.
Rubio2Gasol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 07:16 PM   #7
dh144498
ripthekik is my hero!

dh144498 is considered somewhat cooldh144498 is considered somewhat cool

Westbrick may be their leader, but Durant's the better player.
dh144498 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 07:25 PM   #8
K.Koscik
KobendLebronRBothGood

K.Koscik is a pretty well-respected posterK.Koscik is a pretty well-respected posterK.Koscik is a pretty well-respected poster

I feel like people on this forum, and in the NBA community in general, are obsessed with there being a singular leader on every NBA team. As if 2 or even 3 guys don't take on those responsibilities. Both KD and Westbrook carry themselves to a higher standard then the rest of the team and that right there is the sign of leadership.

I think Westbrook could be considered the emotional leader of this team, while KD is more of the "Lead by example" type. He puts up good shots, doesn't ballhog, moves the ball, and wants the ball in his hands at the end of games. Westbrook gets into people's faces, hypes up his teammates, and isn't afraid of any moment on the basketball court. WB still has some room to mature for sure but I feel like if he could take on that isiah thomas persona (without the racist douchebaggery) that would be the best thing that he could do in regards to becoming a winner.
K.Koscik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 07:33 PM   #9
Kellogs4toniee
Bulls 4 Life

Kellogs4toniee has a terrific reputationKellogs4toniee has a terrific reputationKellogs4toniee has a terrific reputationKellogs4toniee has a terrific reputationKellogs4toniee has a terrific reputationKellogs4toniee has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by K.Koscik
I feel like people on this forum, and in the NBA community in general, are obsessed with there being a singular leader on every NBA team. As if 2 or even 3 guys don't take on those responsibilities. Both KD and Westbrook carry themselves to a higher standard then the rest of the team and that right there is the sign of leadership.

I think Westbrook could be considered the emotional leader of this team, while KD is more of the "Lead by example" type. He puts up good shots, doesn't ballhog, moves the ball, and wants the ball in his hands at the end of games. Westbrook gets into people's faces, hypes up his teammates, and isn't afraid of any moment on the basketball court. WB still has some room to mature for sure but I feel like if he could take on that isiah thomas persona (without the racist douchebaggery) that would be the best thing that he could do in regards to becoming a winner.

Well said man. This is exactly how I feel as well. That's pretty much the culture right now with Scott Brooks and everyone on that team. It's just us fans who try to make it out like something else or try to create extra drama. This situation is similar to the Jordan teams where Jordan would get on his teammates and Pippen would be the one to calm them down. Very similar to Kobe and Fisher too.
Kellogs4toniee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 07:37 PM   #10
9erempiree
27 yrs of watching NBA

9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Westbrook has that drive and heart to lead.

I don't see it from Durant.

His game is at the free throw line.
9erempiree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 07:39 PM   #11
thelucifer69
Decent playground baller

thelucifer69 has an OK reputation so far

thelucifer69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 07:40 PM   #12
Psycho
Banned

Psycho has a bad reputationPsycho has a bad reputationPsycho has a bad reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelucifer69

Dat heart. Dat passion.
Psycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 08:01 PM   #13
Legends66NBA7
Birds of a Feather

Legends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by shady6121
It's becoming more and more apparent that the Thunder are Westbrook's team, not Durant's.

Actually, this is Clayton Bennett's team.
Legends66NBA7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 08:07 PM   #14
sportsfan76
Decent college freshman

sportsfan76 has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partssportsfan76 has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partssportsfan76 has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partssportsfan76 has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partssportsfan76 has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partssportsfan76 has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these parts

Westbrook...............OKC's best player

Durant....................OKC's top scorer

The End
sportsfan76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 08:14 PM   #15
The-Legend-24
LA DECIMA!!

The-Legend-24 is a pretty well-respected posterThe-Legend-24 is a pretty well-respected posterThe-Legend-24 is a pretty well-respected posterThe-Legend-24 is a pretty well-respected poster

Everytime the Lakers are about to play the Thunder, Westbrook is the one I fear, not Durant.
The-Legend-24 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: