Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-07-2013, 11:20 PM   #16
longtime lurker
NBA sixth man of the year
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 7,110
Default Re: An upside to Lakers NOT making the playoffs....

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuniva_dAMiGhTy
I don't think anyone expects Howard to be the #1 de facto option on a championship team (hence the freed up cap space in '14).



It'd be nice if you guys stopped signing these one dimensional shooters that can't play defense or finish at the rim.

Or that can actually hit open shots
longtime lurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 11:21 PM   #17
Xiao Yao You
Very good NBA starter
 
Xiao Yao You's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Peking, P.R.C., Asia
Posts: 8,406
Default Re: An upside to Lakers NOT making the playoffs....

Anyone really want Howard back with a max contract?
Xiao Yao You is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 12:15 AM   #18
d.bball.guy
Heat fan since 2014
 
d.bball.guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 7,474
Default Re: An upside to Lakers NOT making the playoffs....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiao Yao You
Anyone really want Howard back with a max contract?
I do. If he comes back, that should mean he wants to win and a healthy Dwight would be the Lakers future.
d.bball.guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 12:21 AM   #19
The Choken One
<3 LeBron <3 Heat <3
 
The Choken One's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 1,734
Default Re: An upside to Lakers NOT making the playoffs....

Haven't heard much of the relationship between Dwight & Pringles, but judging from his past, I could easily see him secretly telling management for him to resign he wants him gone. Just a thought, though.

If Dwight doesn't stay, I'm all for the amnesty of Pau and commence tank mode. The Lake Show would be awful next season with just Kobe and Nash(?). Tank and pray to the god that is Stern that he blesses LA with the #1 pick(assuming they still have their 2014 1st pick). Bring Wiggens in and with good financial planning they could easily have massive cap room. Try and bring in a superstar or two and hope for the best.

With all that being said, I really want Howard back fyi.
The Choken One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 12:23 AM   #20
daily
I rattle in 5-footers
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 2,269
Default Re: An upside to Lakers NOT making the playoffs....

Quote:
Originally Posted by oh the horror
Honestly I see Howard and Kobe not wanting to play for MDA.

We'll find out soon enough
daily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 12:23 AM   #21
EnoughSaid
DYNASTY
 
EnoughSaid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: In the crib chillin
Posts: 7,898
Default Re: An upside to Lakers NOT making the playoffs....

Lakers should let Dwight walk, have Nash retire, amnesty Kobe and trade Pau for some young talent.
EnoughSaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 12:26 AM   #22
daily
I rattle in 5-footers
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 2,269
Default Re: An upside to Lakers NOT making the playoffs....

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Choken One
Haven't heard much of the relationship between Dwight & Pringles, but judging from his past, I could easily see him secretly telling management for him to resign he wants him gone. Just a thought, though.

If Dwight doesn't stay, I'm all for the amnesty of Pau and commence tank mode. The Lake Show would be awful next season with just Kobe and Nash(?). Tank and pray to the god that is Stern that he blesses LA with the #1 pick(assuming they still have their 2014 1st pick). Bring Wiggens in and with good financial planning they could easily have massive cap room. Try and bring in a superstar or two and hope for the best.

With all that being said, I really want Howard back fyi.

If Howard walks Pau will stay unless they magically can get another big man better than Pau. If Howard re-ups then Pau is expendable.
daily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 12:27 AM   #23
Xiao Yao You
Very good NBA starter
 
Xiao Yao You's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Peking, P.R.C., Asia
Posts: 8,406
Default Re: An upside to Lakers NOT making the playoffs....

Quote:
Originally Posted by d.bball.guy
I do. If he comes back, that should mean he wants to win and a healthy Dwight would be the Lakers future.

A max contract for someone who's best days are behind him and is the 2nd biggest asshole in the league behind his teammate. Good luck with that!

Quote:
The Lake Show would be awful next season with just Kobe and Nash(?).

No team should be awful with that kind of talent but as we've seen they probably would be!
Xiao Yao You is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 12:29 AM   #24
The Choken One
<3 LeBron <3 Heat <3
 
The Choken One's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 1,734
Default Re: An upside to Lakers NOT making the playoffs....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiao Yao You
A max contract for someone who's best days are behind him and is the 2nd biggest asshole in the league behind his teammate. Good luck with that!



No team should be awful with that kind of talent but as we've seen they probably would be!
I understand the temptation is great, but try to restrain your ridiculous troll posts. Kobe is extremely skilled, but he's also getting up there in age.

Nash... he should retire after next season. He's done. No PHX training staff = basically no Nash.
The Choken One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 12:34 AM   #25
NoGunzJustSkillz
2015
 
NoGunzJustSkillz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 13,794
Default Re: An upside to Lakers NOT making the playoffs....

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Choken One
Haven't heard much of the relationship between Dwight & Pringles, but judging from his past, I could easily see him secretly telling management for him to resign he wants him gone. Just a thought, though.

If Dwight doesn't stay, I'm all for the amnesty of Pau and commence tank mode. The Lake Show would be awful next season with just Kobe and Nash(?). Tank and pray to the god that is Stern that he blesses LA with the #1 pick(assuming they still have their 2014 1st pick). Bring Wiggens in and with good financial planning they could easily have massive cap room. Try and bring in a superstar or two and hope for the best.

With all that being said, I really want Howard back fyi.
Dwight and Phil Jax communicate via text messages. I'm not even sure Phil would want anything to do with this mess tho.
NoGunzJustSkillz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 12:36 AM   #26
Xiao Yao You
Very good NBA starter
 
Xiao Yao You's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Peking, P.R.C., Asia
Posts: 8,406
Default Re: An upside to Lakers NOT making the playoffs....

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Choken One
I understand the temptation is great, but try to restrain your ridiculous troll posts. Kobe is extremely skilled, but he's also getting up there in age.

Nash... he should retire after next season. He's done. No PHX training staff = basically no Nash.

Kobe is extremely skilled unfortunately he is selfish and that hasn't been tempered with age.

Jazz would be a lot better team this year if they had Nash instead of Tinsley guaranteed! Put him on a team where he is used properly and the results would be dramatic. He'd still be close enough to his kids too!
Xiao Yao You is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 12:37 AM   #27
Xiao Yao You
Very good NBA starter
 
Xiao Yao You's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Peking, P.R.C., Asia
Posts: 8,406
Default Re: An upside to Lakers NOT making the playoffs....

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoGunzJustSkillz
Dwight and Phil Jax communicate via text messages. I'm not even sure Phil would want anything to do with this mess tho.

For enough money and to watch Jim Buss beg he might.
Xiao Yao You is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 12:44 AM   #28
TAZORAC
High school junior varsity star
 
TAZORAC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 644
Default Re: An upside to Lakers NOT making the playoffs....

Utah has OKC/Minnesota/Memphis, Lakers have NO, Portland, Golden State,Houston and San Antoino. Lakers will drop at least 2 games, Utah will probably drop all 4.
TAZORAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 12:55 AM   #29
Xiao Yao You
Very good NBA starter
 
Xiao Yao You's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Peking, P.R.C., Asia
Posts: 8,406
Default Re: An upside to Lakers NOT making the playoffs....

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAZORAC
Utah has OKC/Minnesota/Memphis, Lakers have NO, Portland, Golden State,Houston and San Antoino. Lakers will drop at least 2 games, Utah will probably drop all 4.

Unlikely the Jazz lost to Minny at home. They've beaten OKC already at home when they weren't playing as well as right now. Minny on the road looks pretty good with their improved play on the road of late and the Memphis game could be meaningless for one or both teams? Hard to predict now.
Xiao Yao You is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 01:17 AM   #30
NoGunzJustSkillz
2015
 
NoGunzJustSkillz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 13,794
Default Re: An upside to Lakers NOT making the playoffs....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiao Yao You
For enough money and to watch Jim Buss beg he might.
he's in the family now, i don't see him asking for too much.
NoGunzJustSkillz is online now   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:44 PM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy