Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 04-08-2013, 12:09 PM   #16
RoundMoundOfReb
Top 1 NBA/NFL Mind

RoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: why isnt brooklyn held to a higher standard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kNicKz
People calling the Knicks a shitty organization with shitty fans have obviously never been to the Garden to see a game. That's ok though
They have good fans but they're a shitty organization. Only problem with the fans is the over hyping of their team.
RoundMoundOfReb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 12:09 PM   #17
DaSeba5
Heat|Dolphins|Marlins

DaSeba5 has an incredible reputation hereDaSeba5 has an incredible reputation hereDaSeba5 has an incredible reputation hereDaSeba5 has an incredible reputation hereDaSeba5 has an incredible reputation hereDaSeba5 has an incredible reputation hereDaSeba5 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
What am I supposed to do about that? Not be a Knicks fan anymore?

I don't understand the point of you asking me that. I root for the Marlins who fvck the fans over every year and have made the playoffs only twice. I root for the Florida Panthers who have been one of the worst franchises in hockey for the last 20 years. I root for the Dolphins who have been mediocre since Marino left, and haven't won a SB in 40 years. The Hurricanes haven't been the powerhouse program they used to be in 10 years. I was Heat fan when they won 15 games.

You stick with your team no matter. Like me, eventually it pays off and you get this Heat team.
DaSeba5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 12:10 PM   #18
kNicKz
College superstar

kNicKz is a pretty well-respected posterkNicKz is a pretty well-respected posterkNicKz is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by LikeABosh
Knicks fans are annoying as **** and act like their team is the shit.

You're mad at people for supporting their team when they are bad?
kNicKz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 12:11 PM   #19
kNicKz
College superstar

kNicKz is a pretty well-respected posterkNicKz is a pretty well-respected posterkNicKz is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoundMoundOfReb
Only problem with the fans is the over hyping of their team.

What fanbase doesn't over hype their team? Isn't that the point of being a fan? Wanting your team to get the chip every season?
Old 04-08-2013, 12:15 PM   #20
RoundMoundOfReb
Top 1 NBA/NFL Mind

RoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
What fanbase doesn't over hype their team? Isn't that the point of being a fan? Wanting your team to get the chip every season?
not as much as knicks fans. most teams aren't as obnoxious about it either.
RoundMoundOfReb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 12:17 PM   #21
kNicKz
College superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoundMoundOfReb
not as much as knicks fans. most teams aren't as obnoxious about it either.

Old 04-08-2013, 12:22 PM   #22
kNicKz
College superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaSeba5
I don't understand the point of you asking me that. I root for the Marlins who fvck the fans over every year and have made the playoffs only twice. I root for the Florida Panthers who have been one of the worst franchises in hockey for the last 20 years. I root for the Dolphins who have been mediocre since Marino left, and haven't won a SB in 40 years. The Hurricanes haven't been the powerhouse program they used to be in 10 years. I was Heat fan when they won 15 games.

You stick with your team no matter. Like me, eventually it pays off and you get this Heat team.

Every other post you make is you explaining how you have been a fan since 1492. Cool story bro
Old 04-08-2013, 12:25 PM   #23
DaSeba5
Heat|Dolphins|Marlins

DaSeba5 has an incredible reputation hereDaSeba5 has an incredible reputation hereDaSeba5 has an incredible reputation hereDaSeba5 has an incredible reputation hereDaSeba5 has an incredible reputation hereDaSeba5 has an incredible reputation hereDaSeba5 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Every other post you make is you explaining how you have been a fan since 1492. Cool story bro

I'm just explaining to you that you have to stick with your team. Eventually it pays off. Although I'm sure you root for other NY teams, so I guess my point was pointless.

The Knicks have been mediocre, and their fans can be obnoxious. It's not hating. Most of my negs are from Knick fans.
Old 04-08-2013, 12:28 PM   #24
DaSeba5
Heat|Dolphins|Marlins

And I always have to explain my fandom because the argument against me is always "Heat fans are all bandwagon Lebron dickriders."
Old 04-08-2013, 12:33 PM   #25
hon hon hon eat snails

9512 has decent reputation9512 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clutch
There are Nets fans ?

You could replace "Nets" with "Clippers"

Perfect analogy imo:

NY Knicks/BK Nets as to LA Lakers/ LA Clippers.

Except the Knicks haven't won it since 1973.
9512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 12:45 PM   #26
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaSeba5
And I always have to explain my fandom because the argument against me is always "Heat fans are all bandwagon Lebron dickriders."

Because most Heat fans are bandwagon Lebron dickriders. You think that's not true? Half the Heat fans on this board were cav fans.
niko is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 12:47 PM   #27
ChuckOakley
NBA lottery pick

ChuckOakley is popular on this boardChuckOakley is popular on this boardChuckOakley is popular on this boardChuckOakley is popular on this boardChuckOakley is popular on this board

The main reason why is because Net fans like to keep the bar low and remain under the radar while Knick fans need to be gratified with praise about their team daily...... it's insecurity. Knick fans are probably the most insecure fans I've encountered among any sport.

It's the biggest difference I can see between Knick fans and pretty much any other fan base.

Last edited by ChuckOakley : 04-08-2013 at 12:53 PM.
ChuckOakley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 12:50 PM   #28
DaSeba5
Heat|Dolphins|Marlins

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
Because most Heat fans are bandwagon Lebron dickriders. You think that's not true? Half the Heat fans on this board were cav fans.

Yes they are here, but I'm not. That is why I often have to explain myself. I get generalized with them.
Old 04-08-2013, 12:53 PM   #29
It's A VC3!!!
I will believe

It's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Because they think that carmelo anthony will actually lead them to a championship. Not now, not never.
It's A VC3!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 01:08 PM   #30
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckOakley
The main reason why is because Net fans like to keep the bar low and remain under the radar while Knick fans need to be gratified with praise about their team daily...... it's insecurity. Knick fans are probably the most insecure fans I've encountered among any sport.

It's the biggest difference I can see between Knick fans and pretty much any other fan base.
You pop in from time to time and say how great the Nets are. Where is your list of 29 points why the Nets are better? The reality is the Net fans on this board, when it became clear they were settling in the 4/5ish range and not winning the division (which i honestly think is very solid) completely lost interest.

What do Knick fans have to be insecure about? We sucked for 15 years. During that time we stayed fans. Net fans even this year act like something good has to occur before they can be day to day fans. The Net fans are waiting for something good to occur, then they will come in. I'maVC3 is nuts, but he seems day to day like he gives a shit. I don't mean you should be unhappy if the Nets lose (ten seconds after a knicks loss i toss my kids around...i mean that in a good way...) but the total apathy is what?

The Knicks and Nets in two weeks are both going to the playoffs in solid position and one fanbase is BRING IT ON and the other fanbase is asleep. And you are criticizing the fanbase having fun?

niko is online now   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: