Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 04-08-2013, 02:31 PM   #46
DaSeba5
Heat|Dolphins|Marlins

DaSeba5 has an incredible reputation hereDaSeba5 has an incredible reputation hereDaSeba5 has an incredible reputation hereDaSeba5 has an incredible reputation hereDaSeba5 has an incredible reputation hereDaSeba5 has an incredible reputation hereDaSeba5 has an incredible reputation hereDaSeba5 has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: why isnt brooklyn held to a higher standard?

I'm with ChuckOakley. Heat fans can say "prove it in the playoffs" because they have proven it in the playoffs. Knick fans are basing their opinions off hope and regular season games. They are a good team and can get far in the playoffs, but nobody is going to respect them until they start winning playoff games. I tell this to everyone, yet Knick fans say I'm just a bandwagon Heat fan who can't give credit to anyone, especially the Knicks.

Anytime I say anything about Melo or the Knicks, I get a flock of Knick fans on me attacking me and negging me. Many of the Knick fans here are pretty insecure. Not everybody, but a lot of them. Every thread turns into a "please respect us we're good again" thread.
DaSeba5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 03:08 PM   #47
MTing
Where Brooklyn at?

MTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
Do people think the fact they want everyone who is not a Heat fan to take no enjoyment of the season and give themselves no chance makes them smarter somehow? Newsflash, we are all aware that the Heat will more than likely stomp us. But it's sports. And there is that chance. And not enjoying the ride and acting like you lost before it happens doesn't make you a better fan, it makes you boring and ****.

ChuckOakley i hate to break it to you, but a large portion of your fanbase still thinks Howard is coming, thinks Lebron may come and PJ may coach, and that if you play the Heat you will kick their ass. If you sat them down and asked them to bet on it they's say no (unlike a certain Philly fan) but they get excited and talk about it.

Stop being such a downer. I'll be happy and take my chances in the playoffs.

And note: if the Knicks fans are insecure for feeling so self important, what does that make the Nets fans for taking a portion of the market and basically thinking they might overtake the Knicks in popularity in a short time? Because they did. I don't care if you didn't, YOU are not the entire fanbase.

Where the hell do you get these accusations from? Even @ NetsDaily, the biggest Nets forum on the planet doesn't believe any of that stuff. We're over Dwight, over LeBron and almost every Net fan I know hate PJ. And again, no one here believes we're being the Heat. Hell we'll be lucky to take a game or two. Just because VC3 says something that doesn't mean he speaks for every Nets fan.
MTing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 03:31 PM   #48
Derka
Go C's!

Derka has an incredible reputation hereDerka has an incredible reputation hereDerka has an incredible reputation hereDerka has an incredible reputation hereDerka has an incredible reputation hereDerka has an incredible reputation hereDerka has an incredible reputation here

Because its the Nets and no one truly gives a shit. Put them in Brooklyn and change the color on the uniform all you like, it's still the Nets.

They came into this season saying "ECFs or this season is a failure" and everyone pretty much snickered and stopped taking them serious right there, knowing full well they'd make the playoffs with what was basically a bought N paid for all-star team that would need a few years to put together a serious run.

But yeah, basically no one cares and Nets fans don't make tons of outlandish claims like the other NY team's fans.
Derka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 03:37 PM   #49
code green
C's Fan since Dee

code green has an incredible reputation herecode green has an incredible reputation herecode green has an incredible reputation herecode green has an incredible reputation herecode green has an incredible reputation herecode green has an incredible reputation herecode green has an incredible reputation here

It's the Knicks that should be held to a higher standard. Calling your home court the "Mecca of Basketball" even though you haven't won a title since Nixon was in office.
code green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 03:37 PM   #50
Blue&Orange
NBA lottery pick

Blue&Orange is a pretty well-respected posterBlue&Orange is a pretty well-respected posterBlue&Orange is a pretty well-respected posterBlue&Orange is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaSeba5
I'm with ChuckOakley. Heat fans can say "prove it in the playoffs" because they have proven it in the playoffs. Knick fans are basing their opinions off hope and regular season games. They are a good team and can get far in the playoffs, but nobody is going to respect them until they start winning playoff games. I tell this to everyone, yet Knick fans say I'm just a bandwagon Heat fan who can't give credit to anyone, especially the Knicks.

Anytime I say anything about Melo or the Knicks, I get a flock of Knick fans on me attacking me and negging me. Many of the Knick fans here are pretty insecure. Not everybody, but a lot of them. Every thread turns into a "please respect us we're good again" thread.
Heat fans were gloating, "We da bess" even before they played a regular season game.

Every thread turns into a "please respect us we're good again" well what does that tell you? Why are Knicks fans forced to do that?

You right, playoffs it's what matters, but Knicks fans can't be fans? They can't support their team and even troll a little bit? I've said it before, Knicks fans aren't allowed to be fans, everyone else is.

I remember butthurted nuggets fans bashing the east,they don't like to bash the Knicks directly anymore, they bash the east, it's less obvious, they were all saying how the Nuggets were a top4 team in the east, and i remember saying to them, who said Nuggets weren't a top4 on the west? Look at the nuggets now, how sad is that a Knicks fan believe more in the Nuggets team than the Nuggets fans? How sad is that. Or did they believe just didn't want to look "delusional" they are too cool for that!

Fan up insidehoops!
Blue&Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 03:59 PM   #51
kNicKz
College superstar

kNicKz is a pretty well-respected posterkNicKz is a pretty well-respected posterkNicKz is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaSeba5
Yes they are here, but I'm not. That is why I often have to explain myself. I get generalized with them.
makes sense. Ight i guess ill group u outside the decision hoppers
kNicKz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 04:03 PM   #52
kNicKz
College superstar

kNicKz is a pretty well-respected posterkNicKz is a pretty well-respected posterkNicKz is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by code green
It's the Knicks that should be held to a higher standard. Calling your home court the "Mecca of Basketball" even though you haven't won a title since Nixon was in office.
New york city is the mecca of basketball . A canadian nhl team hasnt won the stanley cup in decades. Is Canada not the mecca of hockey? Every team shows up at the garden. It is arguably the best place to see an NBA game
kNicKz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 04:04 PM   #53
Amar'e_Juwanna
Great young streetballer

Amar'e_Juwanna has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by code green

i think we are held to a higher standard. even if its just by new yorkers, which gets echoed by new york media. everyone knows NY is one of the hardest towns to be a star in. we feel we live in the best city and we feel we deserve a team that competes.

i think the point that someone was making was that that "arrogance" is less prevalent among Nets fans, which some people view as them having a humbler and more realistic fanbase, and others view as being defeatist and bandwagoning.
Amar'e_Juwanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 06:23 PM   #54
code green
C's Fan since Dee

code green has an incredible reputation herecode green has an incredible reputation herecode green has an incredible reputation herecode green has an incredible reputation herecode green has an incredible reputation herecode green has an incredible reputation herecode green has an incredible reputation here

I'm just trolling, the comedian Bill Burr did a funny bit about NY arrogance when it comes to their sports teams. I actually mind the Knicks least out of all the NY sports teams, probably because the Celtics and Knicks haven't been great at the same time since I was born. Here's the link if anyone's interested: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXA8z8fowf8

More on point, it's because the Nets are the "little stepbrothers" if that makes sense. Aside from the early 2000s, they've never been a very good team, which is why nobody holds them to higher standards. Plus, before this season, they were in Jersey, so....
code green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 06:40 PM   #55
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTing
Where the hell do you get these accusations from? Even @ NetsDaily, the biggest Nets forum on the planet doesn't believe any of that stuff. We're over Dwight, over LeBron and almost every Net fan I know hate PJ. And again, no one here believes we're being the Heat. Hell we'll be lucky to take a game or two. Just because VC3 says something that doesn't mean he speaks for every Nets fan.

My brother in law does the insurance for the Nets. My best friend is a Nets season ticket holder, he goes to every game. I go sometimes. I also know someone in concessions, and also in marketing. Another friend can get me free tickets, but only two or three times a year.

The nets still think they are getting a huge star and the fans at the games eat it up. People still think Dwight are coming. The ten of you on this board who most don't live in the area are not respresentative of the fan on the street. That's not a knock on you, you're all good fans. I wish you'd stop this KNICKS ARE EVIL stuff if we argue though, it Nets say something it's being analytical, if Knicks say something, it's bullying evil fans

Last edited by niko : 04-08-2013 at 06:42 PM.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 06:48 PM   #56
Just2McFly
By Any Means

Just2McFly is popular on this boardJust2McFly is popular on this boardJust2McFly is popular on this boardJust2McFly is popular on this boardJust2McFly is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue&Orange
I love this pseudo raptors and pseudo rockets and pseudo cavs fans that do nothing else but post on Knicks or Heat threads.

The answer to the OP is simple, jealousy, Knicks are the sports epitome of greatness. Who ****ing cares if the Nets lose games?

Ban this fool
Just2McFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 07:06 PM   #57
Trentknicks
Banned

Trentknicks is a pretty well-respected posterTrentknicks is a pretty well-respected posterTrentknicks is a pretty well-respected poster

Okay regardless, this argument doesn't happen IF:
- Prokhorov doesn't guarantee a title within 5 years
- JJ doesn't come out and say Nets are the best team in New York
- Barkley doesn't continue his anti Knick agenda since they embarrassingly swept him in 1989 and say "Nets are much better and will be an elite team in the East"

Look when it comes down to it the Nets players and ownership started the trash talk what ever way you look at it. As a Knick fan I was actually excited at the possibility of finally having 2 good teams in New York. But when the Nets make a trade for JJ, throw a new uniform on and move to Brooklyn and act like they are an elite team an act like the franchise didn't go 12-70 three season ago. And that the Knicks are not relevant anymore.

As for the Knicks being a shitty franchise, despite the injuries sustained in our last 2 playoff series, we still qualified, so comparing where we were 3 seasons ago, I guess a lot of other franchises are 'shitty' too.

Knick haters will conveniently point out the Knicks haven't won a series in a decade but if a Knick fan brings up that they were perennial contenders in the 90s, we get "lol u knickz fans livin in da past" bullshit. No doubt we Knicks fans get carried away here but the hate we get is so far above what any franchise get. Need proof? Have a look at any Knick related thread and watch the Lebron stans and plenty of Heat fans check in and spew hate everywhere.
Trentknicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 07:19 PM   #58
NYK_Stan
I airball my layups

NYK_Stan has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amar'e_Juwanna
You're absolutely right. For many Knicks fans, myself probably included, we took our lumps for YEARS under walsh/thomas. Our team sucked, and not only that, we got s*hat on by the rest of the NBA in terms of respect and a lack of it. (we weren't the only bad team but we were the most well known bad team at least to a casual fan)

So...

Now we respond to that dark era with a heightened sense of pride in our team and a heightened sensitivity to anything that could be construed as "classic knicks hate" as opposed to genuine and legitimate criticism of our team. I am very open to discussion of the latter and very sensitive to the former.

BTW i just joined ISH and would be very interested to know your other bball forums because I am an actual fan and don't just want to be trolled.

The trolls are the main draw on this site nowadays.

Especially if you're a Knicks fan
NYK_Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 08:34 PM   #59
MTing
Where Brooklyn at?

MTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
My brother in law does the insurance for the Nets. My best friend is a Nets season ticket holder, he goes to every game. I go sometimes. I also know someone in concessions, and also in marketing. Another friend can get me free tickets, but only two or three times a year.

The nets still think they are getting a huge star and the fans at the games eat it up. People still think Dwight are coming. The ten of you on this board who most don't live in the area are not respresentative of the fan on the street. That's not a knock on you, you're all good fans. I wish you'd stop this KNICKS ARE EVIL stuff if we argue though, it Nets say something it's being analytical, if Knicks say something, it's bullying evil fans

I live in NY and know Nets fans also. None of them are expecting to get Dwight and are fine with Brook. So I don't know I guess its just different people. Also I don't mind a good debate but there's no reason to take cheap shots at us. Just because a lot of the Nets fans on this board don't post here anymore doesn't mean they lost interest in the team. Most of us on ISH have a pretty busy life and can't post here every day. Again, just because VC3 has his bi-polar moments doesn't mean all of us do.
MTing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 08:38 PM   #60
Sparts Arwell
Banned

Sparts Arwell has an OK reputation so far

A) The Nets dont get overhyped to begin with by all their fans (like the Knicks)

Bee) Nobody really cares about the Nets so theres nobody to care about what they do ya know.
Sparts Arwell is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: