Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 04-09-2013, 03:53 AM   #31
lucky001
I airball my layups

lucky001 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Lakers missing the playoffs will cause a rule change

There certainly is a scheduling challenge. Say Miami is hosting LA in the 1st round. Poor LA fan has to leave work early to be home at 5PM to catch the 8PM game. Or @LA, Miami fan has to stay up till 11PM just to start the game. Sure, the league can schedule around that, but timeslot certainly matters ratings wise.
Technology can help address that problem, but I can see a $$ crunch the league might not want to swallow.
lucky001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 04:04 AM   #32
6 for 24
I hit open layups

6 for 24 has no real reputation yet.

Mr. lucky001:

I, for one, would applaud this change because the world should not be deprived of seeing the great Kobe Bryant on center stage of the spectacle that is the NBA playoffs. While you may cite the time differences as a problem, consider it for me. I live in the plains of Mozambique, where the games start anywhere from 1 to 4 o'clock in the night. This is most inconvenient as it "the lions hunt at night" and, unfortunately, we can only get satellite reception outdoors. So one must watch the games with one eye following the action and one eye following the terrain, if you know what I mean.

Consider this the next time you worry about missing a little sleep to watch the basketball.

Warmest regards,

Ayotunde Ndiaye
6 for 24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 04:43 AM   #33
BoutPractice
I'll pass

BoutPractice is popular on this boardBoutPractice is popular on this boardBoutPractice is popular on this boardBoutPractice is popular on this board

It's time for the world to realize that the Lakers simply aren't that good.
They're a very mediocre team at best.
BoutPractice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 04:58 AM   #34
jcsrplumply
Local High School Star

jcsrplumply has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Droid101
Meh I was bored so I did them all:

1 vs 16: Miami vs Lakers
2 vs 15: San Antonio vs Boston
3 vs 14: OKC vs Utah
4 vs 13: Denver vs Atlanta
5 vs 12: Memphis vs Chicago
6 vs 11: Clippers vs Rockets
7 vs 10: New York vs Golden State (that would be awesome)
8 vs 9: Indiana vs Brooklyn

Round two (if the higher seed advanced each time):

1 vs 8: Miami vs Indiana
2 vs 7: San Antonio vs New York
3 vs 6: OKC vs Clippers
4 vs 5: Denver vs Memphis

Round three:

1 vs 4: Miami vs Denver
2 vs 3: San Antonio vs OKC

Finals:

1 vs 2: Miami vs San Antonio
This looks better in my opinion than right now since it is going for the 16 best teams - it would definitely make the playoffs more fun to watch.
jcsrplumply is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 06:27 AM   #35
Sparts Arwell
Banned

Sparts Arwell has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6 for 24
This is most inconvenient as it "the lions hunt at night" and,

This is surprising to me to find out, for I thought that in the jungle the mighty jungle, the lion sleeps tonight?
Sparts Arwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 06:37 AM   #36
MJ(Mean John)
The Fresh Prince

MJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpibb
What? There's no "try" involved. You're either in the Eastern Conference or the Western Conference. You can't position yourself to go through the East. I don't even... what?

Stfu nitpicker.

You know what he means. Players staying on east coast teams so they have an easier route to the finals.

"I don't even... What?"
MJ(Mean John) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 07:04 AM   #37
KOBE143
In GawdBe We Trust

KOBE143 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardKOBE143 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardKOBE143 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardKOBE143 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardKOBE143 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardKOBE143 has one of the lowest reputations on this board

They should change the rule to 10 team can make the PO in each conference.. The more team in the PO, the merrier plus more income.. They should change it right now and if doesn't go well then return it to 8 team next season..
KOBE143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 07:10 AM   #38
TheBigVeto
Negging Me Is Gay

TheBigVeto has a bad reputationTheBigVeto has a bad reputationTheBigVeto has a bad reputationTheBigVeto has a bad reputation

If the Lakers get any lower than the 8th seed, Stern will make an announcement "The Lakers will be in the playoffs replacing XXX team (whoever's the 8th seed) for basketball reasons. It is a vote, 1-0, I won."

Don't fret fakerfans! Stern is coming for the rescue!
TheBigVeto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 07:16 AM   #39
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

No, because then the divisions and the conferences don't matter which means a vast majority of the season doesn't matter.

OP needs to stop being such a reactionary little girl.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 07:38 AM   #40
deja vu
Form is temporary

deja vu has no real reputation yet.

What a stupid idea. Let's just get rid of conferences and divisions while we're at it.
deja vu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 07:42 AM   #41
Quintilianus
Banned

Quintilianus has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
No, because then the divisions and the conferences don't matter which means a vast majority of the season doesn't matter.

Well regular season is more or less meaningless anyway
Quintilianus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 07:51 AM   #42
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

Real Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Request: Dear Laker fans and Kobe psychophants, please refrain from losing your collective minds until the Lakers are officially eliminated from playoff contention. As of right now there's still hope, and seeing the way you are losing it before your heroes have lost makes me concerned over how you will lose it once (IF!) they finally lose.

Chill the **** out, it's just a game.

-RMWG

p.s.: bitches.
Real Men Wear Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 09:29 AM   #43
kshutts1
Decent college freshman

kshutts1 is considered somewhat coolkshutts1 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko

Divisions and conferences don't matter anyway.

I've never been excited or overly excited when my team won their division and/or conference. Regular season is about 20 games too long.. maybe only 10. But either way, it's too long, and the end doesn't matter.

I don't see how the league has been ignoring Simmons' idea for so long now.
kshutts1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 09:40 AM   #44
Sarcastic
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Sarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quintilianus

It means alot to the NBA and the players. That's where they make their money.
Sarcastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 09:45 AM   #45
All Net
Twitter-@AllNetSports

All Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quintilianus

It's certainly not...basketball would be boring without the regular season.
All Net is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: