Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 04-08-2013, 10:18 PM   #1
Bandito
NBA Role Player

Bandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Ish peeps I need some interviewee

I am doing a college presentation on Crime. In order for it to count I need to get 50 people interviewed. I am asking people here (social media) if they can take the time to answer these questions. I will be needing a personal picture and some info. I prefer if you sent the picture via pm if you don't wish to share with the rest of people here and I will not use it for nothing else than my presentation.

What I need is:

personal picture of yourself (if you don't want it to be public just sent it via pm. I will not disclose it anywhere in the forum nor would I make fun of you.)

Basic Info:

name
Occupation

Questions to answer.

1. Do you think crime has to do with a lack of education?

2. Do you think crime is related to how parents raise children?

2. How do you define crime?

4. How do you think the media motivate or inpires kids to commit crime?

5. How do you think the economy has been a factor in the crime rate rise?

6. Do you think there are enough and motivated policemen to lower the crime rate?

7. Do you think a neighborhood watch could lower crime rate and how?

8. What school programs would you recommend to keep the kids busy and out of the streets?

9. Why is crime rate higher than it was 10 (or more) years ago?

10. Why do you think is a reason for people to commit a crime?

If people decide to answer I will give you my thanks!
Bandito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 11:03 PM   #2
Draz
Like a Baoss.

Draz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Ish peeps I need some interviewee

name: Kevin

Questions to answer.

I believe crime has to do with the lack of education, but also its in the persons good interest to plot a crime, therefore it goes past education but also morals. Perhaps with better education and a proper religious perspective, it'll help benefit any individual.

Crime is definitely related to how parents raise their children. Children, just like any animal, learn from their master. Children adapt good/bad views from their parents, they're therefore trained to be disciplined through negatives, and influenced to continue to do positive.

I define crime as robbing someone or something of pride or value. To commit injustice acts against the community, and going against law.

4. How do you think the media motivate or inspires kids to commit crime?
The media motivates and inspires kids to commit crime through setting bad examples through hearing or seeing. Celebrities are the role model of children, every move they make and every song they write, is a huge curve for anyone under their influence.

The economy has been a factor in the crime rate rise because there are little or no jobs, people are desperate to survive.

6. Do you think there are enough and motivated policemen to lower the crime rate?
People are going to college, earning degrees that help put them in a better position to make money. People think less of what makes them happy, and more of what gives them a living. Those that choose the criminal justice path in police or any law enforcement and are interested in purely helping and assisting others, enjoy doing what they do best. Not everyone loves the job they do, then there are those who love their job but aren't motivated enough to make a better living off of what they love, because they are so used to doing the usual.

A neighborhood watch would benefit any neighborhood, it can only be a plus. It may definitely help lower crime rate. An extra two eyes that seeks danger, may criminals be aware, and therefore reconsider committing crimes.

8. What school programs would you recommend to keep the kids busy and out of the streets?
After school activities such as the boys and girls club, tutoring, sports, hands on activities that promote group activity because children love working together.

Crime rate may be higher than it was in the previous years because of the economy, extreme measures taken by people who are living off of their last life line with nothing to lose.

They either have nothing better to do, they are raised in the wrong house or environment, the influence of the media, and hard living conditions.
Draz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 09:04 AM   #3
Bandito
NBA Role Player

Bandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draz
name: Kevin

Questions to answer.

I believe crime has to do with the lack of education, but also its in the persons good interest to plot a crime, therefore it goes past education but also morals. Perhaps with better education and a proper religious perspective, it'll help benefit any individual.

Crime is definitely related to how parents raise their children. Children, just like any animal, learn from their master. Children adapt good/bad views from their parents, they're therefore trained to be disciplined through negatives, and influenced to continue to do positive.

I define crime as robbing someone or something of pride or value. To commit injustice acts against the community, and going against law.

4. How do you think the media motivate or inspires kids to commit crime?
The media motivates and inspires kids to commit crime through setting bad examples through hearing or seeing. Celebrities are the role model of children, every move they make and every song they write, is a huge curve for anyone under their influence.

The economy has been a factor in the crime rate rise because there are little or no jobs, people are desperate to survive.

People are going to college, earning degrees that help put them in a better position to make money. People think less of what makes them happy, and more of what gives them a living. Those that choose the criminal justice path in police or any law enforcement and are interested in purely helping and assisting others, enjoy doing what they do best. Not everyone loves the job they do, then there are those who love their job but aren't motivated enough to make a better living off of what they love, because they are so used to doing the usual.

A neighborhood watch would benefit any neighborhood, it can only be a plus. It may definitely help lower crime rate. An extra two eyes that seeks danger, may criminals be aware, and therefore reconsider committing crimes.

After school activities such as the boys and girls club, tutoring, sports, hands on activities that promote group activity because children love working together.

Crime rate may be higher than it was in the previous years because of the economy, extreme measures taken by people who are living off of their last life line with nothing to lose.

They either have nothing better to do, they are raised in the wrong house or environment, the influence of the media, and hard living conditions.

That's great bro, just pm a personal pic so I'll put you in my project, again I won't disclose it anywhere in the internet, specially not here.
Bandito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 09:31 AM   #4
Just2McFly
By Any Means

Just2McFly has a terrific reputationJust2McFly has a terrific reputationJust2McFly has a terrific reputationJust2McFly has a terrific reputationJust2McFly has a terrific reputationJust2McFly has a terrific reputation

[I've posted multiple pics here, so I don't know if you still want me to pm you one]

Name :Jordan

[Questions to answer]

I feel that it is the main factor. Without education, the ways to achieve social mobility the very thing the American Dream is predicated on, dwindles immensely.

Parental guidance is definitely a huge part of it, but there are other factors that make a difference as well like the environment that the kid is raised in. If you are trying the very best you can to keep your child on the right path, but everything and everyone else is doing wrong around him, it's extremely tough to over come that influence.

3. How do you define crime?

Crime to me is a criminal offense. There are multiple types, ranging from white collar to petty thieves but they are all illegal and wrong.

4. How do you think the media motivate or inpires kids to commit crime?

I think the glorification of crime in various forms of entertainment has enforced the long standing image of how cool the bad guy is. That will affect kids if you let the TV raise them instead of doing it yourself and making sure they understand the end result.

Hard times will lead to desperation. I think that sometimes good people lose their mind under extremely trying circumstances. Take 2008 for example, if gas is 4 dollars, people are losing jobs and have been for years in certain areas, now foreclosures are a huge deal, some just can cope with the pressure.

I don't take the police seriously for the most part. Mayor's of cities talk a good game about how they are going to address crime epidemics and such, but only a few ever come through on that promise.

It depends on how active the neighborhood watch is. If it's the typical neighborhood watch where three nosey people snoop on the neighborhood, it's not doing anything of value. Now if the neighbors make it an initiative to eradicate crime from where they live and dedicate themselves to it, I can see it having some positive benefits.

School's need to bring back every single program possible plus add more. Music programs being cut was a killer. These kids have nothing to do, idle hands always leads to trouble. All levels of government need to start investing in their communities and education is the best way.

That's an interesting thing because I always thought that the crack era was worse in terms of crime than today.

Desperation and perceived lack of a choice.
Just2McFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 02:44 PM   #5
Timmy D for MVP
Chuck Hayes Stan

Timmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I don't have time to type all of this out on my phone but I'll try to answer later tonight.
Timmy D for MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: