Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 04-09-2013, 08:21 AM   #1
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default NYC Tech Startup Buildings - can u help me find?

I was told there are building in downtown NY (around the seaport) that were basically carved out into mini offices and given to tech startup companies. My "homework" from my job coach (my old job assigned me) was to go there and try to sell myself to them. My issue? I can't find them. It's just supposed to be a bunch of buildings all given to businesses to use. Maybe some of you know of this or maybe some of you are just better at googling than me because i cannot find it.

Thanks regardless...

(If you are wondering why i would do this, my thought process looking at some of these companies is that they really don't have finance people, and once you need to borrow money or get investors you need financial statements. It might be good part time (consulting) work and if you hitch your ride to the right horse, could be something good. Just a different path i am investigating.)
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 08:41 AM   #2
KevinNYC
Toronto Mayor Rob Ford

KevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: NYC Tech Startup Buildings - can u help me find?

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
I was told there are building in downtown NY (around the seaport) that were basically carved out into mini offices and given to tech startup companies. My "homework" from my job coach (my old job assigned me) was to go there and try to sell myself to them. My issue? I can't find them. It's just supposed to be a bunch of buildings all given to businesses to use. Maybe some of you know of this or maybe some of you are just better at googling than me because i cannot find it.

Thanks regardless...

(If you are wondering why i would do this, my thought process looking at some of these companies is that they really don't have finance people, and once you need to borrow money or get investors you need financial statements. It might be good part time (consulting) work and if you hitch your ride to the right horse, could be something good. Just a different path i am investigating.)

Look at joining the tech meetups on meetups.com. Lots of NY startup type meetups where you can go and talk to folks.

Good Luck.
KevinNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 08:48 AM   #3
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I will check it out, thank you.
Old 04-09-2013, 09:06 AM   #4
KevinNYC
Toronto Mayor Rob Ford

KevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
I will check it out, thank you.

As I think about it, the meetups are mainly about companies looking for developers and nothing else, but you can find out all the names of the tech companies.
KevinNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 09:23 AM   #5
niko
I Run NY.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinNYC
As I think about it, the meetups are mainly about companies looking for developers and nothing else, but you can find out all the names of the tech companies.
It's not a bad thought regardless. Plus i can find japanese meetups for my wife and kids possibly, plus now i can know where all the 20yr old asian girls go meet ( it's an invitation for stalkers...)

I'm throwing all kinds of things against the wall to see what sticks. I have the traditional job hunting going on in one end, and the startup investigation, etc. on the other end.
Old 04-09-2013, 09:34 AM   #6
nathanjizzle
OG

nathanjizzle has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsnathanjizzle has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsnathanjizzle has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsnathanjizzle has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsnathanjizzle has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsnathanjizzle has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these parts

http://downtownbrooklyn.com/about/metrotech-bid
nathanjizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 09:38 AM   #7
niko
I Run NY.

The reason i also want to find the downtown complex is it's just buildings, no security, no office building, i can ring the bell and walk in. Something like Metrotech (albeit a great suggestion) i'd need an invitation, the security is high.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: