Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 04-09-2013, 09:48 AM   #1
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default The Cicadas are back (after 17 years)

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sideshow...151907579.html

It's really disgusting if it's true. I've seen it, it's unpleasant.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 11:31 AM   #2
scott0326
National High School Star

scott0326 has decent reputationscott0326 has decent reputation
Default Re: The Cicadas are back (after 17 years)

17 years? In Maryland they were around a few years ago.

Either way, I ****ing hate these things.
scott0326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 11:35 AM   #3
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

DeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

There are several broods in the eastern US. They come every 3-4 years depending on your area and how many broods are present. As someone who spends most days outside I ****ing hate the years they're around. It's unbearable to listen to that shit all day long.
DeuceWallaces is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 07:49 PM   #4
lbj4kb8
Decent playground baller

lbj4kb8 has decent reputationlbj4kb8 has decent reputation

I visited Chicago 5-6 years ago and witnessed first hand the Cicadas. If i remember correctly, they come over every 7 years. It was an awesome experience. The sound they make is deafening due to the sheer number of cicadas. I wouldn't want to live there however.
lbj4kb8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 12:56 AM   #5
NoGunzJustSkillz

NoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbj4kb8
I visited Chicago 5-6 years ago and witnessed first hand the Cicadas. If i remember correctly, they come over every 7 years. It was an awesome experience. The sound they make is deafening due to the sheer number of cicadas. I wouldn't want to live there however.
every 17 years. lebron fans love making sht up
NoGunzJustSkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 01:18 AM   #6
StroShow4
Certified ISHiot.

StroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I think I live too far north for this. So that's good.
StroShow4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 01:23 AM   #7
Bucket_Nakedz
Buckle up

Bucket_Nakedz is popular on this boardBucket_Nakedz is popular on this boardBucket_Nakedz is popular on this boardBucket_Nakedz is popular on this board

i thought op mean this old school treasure...
Bucket_Nakedz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 01:33 AM   #8
ripthekik
GIVEN NOT EARNED

ripthekik has an OK reputation so far

do they look like the locust swarms?

ripthekik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 01:35 AM   #9
Patrick Chewing
Cobra Kai Sensei

Patrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I hate bugs
Patrick Chewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 02:15 AM   #10
ProfessorMurder
I am your soldier!

ProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I don't know what you're talking about Deuce, cicada noise is amazing. I'd listen to it on loop. Cicadas = summer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StroShow4
I think I live too far north for this. So that's good.

We have cicadas all the time man, we just don't have the gigantic swarms. This could be different though since I didn't live here last time the brood came around.

Last edited by ProfessorMurder : 04-10-2013 at 02:17 AM.
ProfessorMurder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 02:16 AM   #11
Timmy D for MVP
Chuck Hayes Stan

Timmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

They were extremely prevalent in Beijing when I stayed there. It was crazy walkin under trees and shit.
Timmy D for MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 02:41 AM   #12
StroShow4
Certified ISHiot.

StroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessorMurder
We have cicadas all the time man, we just don't have the gigantic swarms. This could be different though since I didn't live here last time the brood came around.

Interesting. Never heard of them.
StroShow4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 02:47 AM   #13
ProfessorMurder
I am your soldier!

ProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by StroShow4
Interesting. Never heard of them.

Well, you definitely heard them even without knowing it. Here's 40 seconds of the sound they make: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mah26og11ms#t=0m20s
Old 04-10-2013, 02:57 AM   #14
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

InspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Yeah, definitely hasn't been 17 years here in central Indiana. 4/5 years ago I couldn't sleep at night w/o plugs. You'd be out doing yardwork shirtless and one would land on your back, you slap it on instinct and you have to take a damn shower right away.
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 03:26 AM   #15
ProfessorMurder
I am your soldier!

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
Yeah, definitely hasn't been 17 years here in central Indiana. 4/5 years ago I couldn't sleep at night w/o plugs. You'd be out doing yardwork shirtless and one would land on your back, you slap it on instinct and you have to take a damn shower right away.

I heard summer of '07 was the last time Illinois was hit, so I'm assuming you were the same time in Indiana.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: