Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 04-09-2013, 01:26 PM   #1
hateraid
Is it in you?

hateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Do you believe in a balance in the universe?

Lately I've gone through a series of bad luck. Events that in the distance future could have catastrophic results in my life and livelyhood. I prefer to keep those details confidetial.

I've confided with my firend and he says to me, "you're a good guy, things always balance out for good people. When something really terrible happens, something really good follows shortly. That, or the terrible event was a prevention from something even more terrible potentially happening."

Do you guys believe in an unseen force of balance?
hateraid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 01:34 PM   #2
fiddy
HC4L

fiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Do you believe in a balance in the universe?

I believe theres alot of we will learn about the universe and nature in the future. About balance i dont think. To me it seems like good people always suffer the most.
fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 01:36 PM   #3
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star

Rasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by hateraid
Lately I've gone through a series of bad luck. Events that in the distance future could have catastrophic results in my life and livelyhood. I prefer to keep those details confidetial.

I've confided with my firend and he says to me, "you're a good guy, things always balance out for good people. When something really terrible happens, something really good follows shortly. That, or the terrible event was a prevention from something even more terrible potentially happening."

I believe in the balance and order of the universe. But I will caution you about the idea that things happen. I believe bad things happen, and good things are achieved.

IMO when it comes to human beings and our lives? they revolve around a multitude of possibilities.

Sometimes we get the short end of the stick when it comes to the outcomes of these possible futures.. And sometimes we come out on top.

My thing is to try and make certain that I am prepared to take advantage of every positive possible outcome for myself.

When things dont go your way? try to hang in there and prepare yourself and be ready to either turn around a bad situation, or use that bad situation to your benefit.

I hope I put that in a way that you could understand it...

hang in there though... This Philly cat is on your side
Rasheed1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 01:40 PM   #4
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

there is balance and order but it might not be seen in this life...maybe your next, or maybe you are balancing out your previous life
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 01:44 PM   #5
DonDadda59
Lord High Executioner

DonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
there is balance and order but it might not be seen in this life...maybe your next, or maybe you are balancing out your previous life

Obi Juan Tiddy bringing balance to the force

And to the OP- my sister's best friend's father was hit and killed by a drunk driver on his way home from work very recently. From what I know of him he was a church-going, hard-working guy, and the Universe really 'balanced' things out for him it seems. Take that for what it's worth.
DonDadda59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 01:44 PM   #6
hateraid
Is it in you?

hateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiddy
I believe theres alot of we will learn about the universe and nature in the future. About balance i dont think. To me it seems like good people always suffer the most.

Nice

BTW, I answered your PM. Sorry, I have a bad habit of clicking my PM's on the road, then forgetting to respond when I get home
Hope my response helps
Old 04-09-2013, 01:51 PM   #7
hateraid
Is it in you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasheed1
I believe in the balance and order of the universe. But I will caution you about the idea that things happen. I believe bad things happen, and good things are achieved.

I absolutely love that. Good way of putting it into perspective.

Problem is with certain situations bad things impede progress of potentially good things. One event that just happened was an error in poor judgement that has altered a huge series of events. Some bad events have permanent negative outcome.
That's what troubles me
Old 04-09-2013, 01:53 PM   #8
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonDadda59
Obi Juan Tiddy bringing balance to the force

And to the OP- my sister's best friend's father was hit and killed by a drunk driver on his way home from work very recently. From what I know of him he was a church-going, hard-working guy, and the Universe really 'balanced' things out for him it seems. Take that for what it's worth.
now he is in heaven and his death is giving purpose to lives of those who loved him teaching them what true loss is ...balance

women in other countries spend their entire lives as slaves basically...

children who do nothing wrong are raped and murdered...

etc etc etc

the only way you can believe in a true balance is if you are a theist...atheists can not believe in karma by nature
Old 04-09-2013, 01:56 PM   #9
step_back
College superstar

step_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I think we're too small and insignificant in the grand scheme of things for the Universe to balance out someones life.

I do however think your friend has made a good point . A persons actions have consequences. I think what a person chooses to do and specifically how they deal with people can affect how your life plays out in the future. I wouldn't call it Karma because that would suggest that something else is responsible.
step_back is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 02:13 PM   #10
DonDadda59
Lord High Executioner

DonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
now he is in heaven and his death is giving purpose to lives of those who loved him teaching them what true loss is ...balance

No.

Quote:
women in other countries spend their entire lives as slaves basically...

children who do nothing wrong are raped and murdered...

etc etc etc

the only way you can believe in a true balance is if you are a theist...atheists can not believe in karma by nature

AKA there is no intrinsic purpose or 'balance' in life/the universe, just luck and circumstance.
DonDadda59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 02:14 PM   #11
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I would say there is balance in the fact that sheer probabilities of events balance out over time. I don't think I would say there is anything cosmic behind it tho.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 02:32 PM   #12
JEFFERSON MONEY
A bit crazy

JEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Newton's third law sure and yin yang stuff

But not justice or karma, although I wish
JEFFERSON MONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 03:09 PM   #13
gigantes
A piece of fluff

gigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by hateraid
i believe in the laws of nature, i.e. physics, quantum mechanics, electromagnetism, gravity, atomic 'dark matter'.

i see little evidence of any kind that karma is an actual law of nature, but i do see enormous amounts of evidence that mankind needs to believe in karma for the sake of mental health. the power of hope, the feeling of being watched over benignly, etc.

manure can be excellent manure if it helps you get through life. in the end, i guess that's all that really matters.
gigantes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 03:23 PM   #14
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonDadda59
No.

AKA there is no intrinsic purpose or 'balance' in life/the universe, just luck and circumstance.
this is how an atheist should view it...our entire existance is pure luck and nothing means anything

prolly shouldn't share your beliefs with your sister's friend though...
Old 04-09-2013, 03:30 PM   #15
Mr. I'm So Rad
So What If It Is

Mr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

There's no such as karma outside of basic cause and effect. If karma were real humans would have unlimited power.

We're just living in a system that existed before us and will exist after us. We're all prisoners of fate really.
Mr. I'm So Rad is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: