Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 04-09-2013, 03:32 PM   #16
RidonKs
NBA Legend

RidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Do you believe in a balance in the universe?

balance can be found in physics, the grander sort anyway... or maybe if you really wrap your head around quantum mechanics you can sooooorta read some harmony into its innate disharmony lol

i think you can interpret anything as 'balanced', and as the scale gets larger that interpretation is easier to make because you stop accounting for all the nuance and details and inevitably fks shit like that up... moving from the family to the community to the globe and all the symmetry you find in natural phenomena straight to shit like orbit and eventually to cosmic expansion, i suspect that correlation holds

but in terms of the circumstances of our subjective experience, you've gotta be delusional to buy into it. and at the end of the day, for some in any case, that delusion is healthier than any other alternative. but lets not delude ourselves further by denying it for what it is. though i guess if you go freud and start calling a spade a spade, you lose w/e benefits you happened to gain in the first place haha

cool thread
RidonKs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 03:37 PM   #17
gigantes
A piece of fluff

gigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. I'm So Rad
If karma were real humans would have unlimited power.
no sane person wants unlimited power anyway. humans have huge amounts of power waiting for them patiently, if only they care to aim for it.

see?
gigantes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 03:52 PM   #18
Patrick Chewing
Cobra Kai Sensei

Patrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I definitely think we break even. No matter how much in life we try to make more money or try to make more people happy, in the end we kind of end up where we started.
Patrick Chewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 04:14 PM   #19
OhNoTimNoSho
Your King

OhNoTimNoSho has an incredible reputation hereOhNoTimNoSho has an incredible reputation hereOhNoTimNoSho has an incredible reputation hereOhNoTimNoSho has an incredible reputation hereOhNoTimNoSho has an incredible reputation hereOhNoTimNoSho has an incredible reputation hereOhNoTimNoSho has an incredible reputation here

No... if you're weak, you will continue to get stepped on by the universe unless you stand up and fight back. You're not magically going to get a break.
OhNoTimNoSho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 02:04 AM   #20
Timmy D for MVP
Chuck Hayes Stan

Timmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Karma? Luck? No. What is luck? What is karma?

This is interesting, but not because of the idea of karma. Because of the way we think about it. Most of us realize, if asked, the way the statistics work. But If I flip a coin heads 20 times and ask you what's the next one gonna be, more than 50% will likely guess tails, because we feel "it's coming." Our brain kind of tricks us into this interesting line of thinking.
Timmy D for MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 02:37 AM   #21
ProfessorMurder
I am your soldier!

ProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by RidonKs
balance can be found in physics, the grander sort anyway... or maybe if you really wrap your head around quantum mechanics you can sooooorta read some harmony into its innate disharmony lol

i think you can interpret anything as 'balanced', and as the scale gets larger that interpretation is easier to make because you stop accounting for all the nuance and details and inevitably fks shit like that up... moving from the family to the community to the globe and all the symmetry you find in natural phenomena straight to shit like orbit and eventually to cosmic expansion, i suspect that correlation holds

but in terms of the circumstances of our subjective experience, you've gotta be delusional to buy into it. and at the end of the day, for some in any case, that delusion is healthier than any other alternative. but lets not delude ourselves further by denying it for what it is. though i guess if you go freud and start calling a spade a spade, you lose w/e benefits you happened to gain in the first place haha

cool thread

/thread

There is a harmony to everything in the universe; from subatomic particles to galaxies... But person to person in society there is not a tangible one in the way of good vs. bad. This is basically circumstantial vs. scientific balance.

Something terrible and unlucky could happen to a member of your family, but then 150 years from now that could be balanced out with a lucky break. Who's to determine what is a good thing and bad thing anyway? Those are subjective terms that man created.

I don't necessarily believe in a Karma situation where you are rewarded or punished, but just in the fact that the less negativity you spread the less will exist.

That being said, I dislike most things, yet I remain neutral to avoid putting stress on others. Your actions affect lives, and you can control them to an extent. So why ruin someone's day when you can just work out your demons in some internal manner?
ProfessorMurder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 03:41 AM   #22
CeltsGarlic
Real quick

CeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

It has to be a pretty deep system with all our relationships and consequences to others. Not saying that I completely cross out it.
CeltsGarlic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 06:32 AM   #23
Jackass18
The Iron Price

Jackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by hateraid
Lately I've gone through a series of bad luck. Events that in the distance future could have catastrophic results in my life and livelyhood. I prefer to keep those details confidetial.

I've confided with my firend and he says to me, "you're a good guy, things always balance out for good people. When something really terrible happens, something really good follows shortly. That, or the terrible event was a prevention from something even more terrible potentially happening."

Do you guys believe in an unseen force of balance?

No, it's just an attempt to comfort people during bad times.
Jackass18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 11:57 AM   #24
n00bie
Vince's Real Daddy

n00bie is considered somewhat cooln00bie is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by hateraid
Lately I've gone through a series of bad luck. Events that in the distance future could have catastrophic results in my life and livelyhood. I prefer to keep those details confidetial.

I've confided with my firend and he says to me, "you're a good guy, things always balance out for good people. When something really terrible happens, something really good follows shortly. That, or the terrible event was a prevention from something even more terrible potentially happening."

Do you guys believe in an unseen force of balance?

I believe in balance, but that doesn't mean good things will happen for you. Bad things happening to you probably ment good things happening for someone else.
n00bie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 12:11 PM   #25
ballup
Fool Disguised Genius

ballup is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableballup is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableballup is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableballup is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableballup is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableballup is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableballup is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableballup is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableballup is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableballup is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableballup is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

It's all relative in respect to who is good, who is bad, and what the value of something is.
ballup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 12:13 PM   #26
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

DeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I don't know what bad things you're talking about, but the answer is sadly no. No matter how young, bright, and good you may be, there is no balance and terrible things will continue to happen to really good people. Just pray you're not one of them.
DeuceWallaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 04:49 PM   #27
Draz
Like a Baoss.

Draz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
there is balance and order but it might not be seen in this life...maybe your next, or maybe you are balancing out your previous life
Draz is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: