Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 04-11-2013, 12:00 AM   #46
Just2McFly
By Any Means

Default Re: Who here doesn't play video games?

i dont play them like i used to, but some of most joy filled moments happened to me when i was a playing a video game.

the first time i used spiderman's special kickflip in tony hawk pro skater 2 i was on a high for a week.

or the the game i was down 48-24 near the end of the third quarter in ncaa 06 and i came back with 4 touch downs in a little over 6 minutes of game play

just a sample of the stuff that i still hold bragging rights for
Just2McFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 12:01 AM   #47
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboy Thunder
I feel kind of like a fool.

Went probably 5 years without a gaming device but always bitched and moaned about how I wanted one.

Just got a PS3 + 5 games for Christmas / probably logged 5 hours total playing it since then.

Should probably sell it before the new shits come out.
That's what I think.

Even if I go out and buy a system, when am I gonna have time to actually play it? I'm a grown as man now, I got shit to do.
L.Kizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 12:03 AM   #48
Cowboy Thunder
2012 I rep flatulence

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Kizzle
That's what I think.

Even if I go out and buy a system, when am I gonna have time to actually play it? I'm a grown as man now, I got shit to do.

Sad isn't it.

I'd like to play it, but watching the weather / a real sports event is more important on a week night.

Can't waste your weekends sitting on the couch either.
Cowboy Thunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 12:13 AM   #49
Budadiiii
Live Strong.

Most video games are very good for cognitive function, although most of the morons who play the damn things all day are too stupid/unaware to actually utilize the benefits.

Video games are mainly for losers. I know that's hard to acknowledge for some people, but if you're a hardcore gamer, and you're reading this, I want you to ask yourself this question: "Am I a loser?"

The answer is probably yes. That's the point. Video games evoke feelings of accomplishment, regardless of how unaccomplished the individual is and is continuing to be.

A big **** you goes out to all the hardcore gamers in the world. If you play video games for cognitive stimulation, an even bigger **** you out to you guys.

Waste of time, energy, and money. The only three things that matter in this world/society.

Last edited by Budadiiii : 04-11-2013 at 12:15 AM.
Budadiiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 12:25 AM   #50
Rake2204
7-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Kizzle
That's what I think.

Yeah I feel that. Some folks are very pinched for time and opt to go a different route for the tiny bit of free time they do have.

Many people though, have some sort of chill time at some point of the day, even as working adult fathers. I love going out and conquering the world, spending time with my girl, playing basketball, learning piano, and kayaking dirty rivers, but sometimes I just need to flat out chill.

I think a lot of folks fill that chill time with television, and that's become acceptable over the years. Oftentimes though (and I'm not saying this is what you're doing here by any means), video games seem to still get the "waste of time" treatment. There seems to be an improving (but still present) negative connotation with playing video games, more so than what may be associated with any sort of television viewing, internet usage, board games, or idle standing.
Rake2204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 12:53 AM   #51
SevereUpInHere
Utryin2getthepipe?

Haven't had a system since I sold my PSII maybe 6 years ago, even then it was living in a cupboard most of the time.

Can't even remember owning any games apart from GT3 and NBA Street

Seems like a waste of time to me, can't imagine sitting down to play a game when I could be out hanging out with people.
SevereUpInHere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 01:10 AM   #52
D-Wade316
F***

I still do, though I'm picky. All the first-person games bore the shit out of me. Only games I play are Company of Heroes and Rome: Total War. My taste for 2k is evaporating.
D-Wade316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 01:12 AM   #53
Rake2204
7-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by SevereUpInHere
Seems like a waste of time to me, can't imagine sitting down to play a game when I could be out hanging out with people.
Yeah, I respect that. Since playing video games does not seem to be fun to you, it wouldn't make much sense to play them. However, would you find them to be a waste of time to people who enjoy them (referring to those who enjoy them in moderation)?

I only ask because I've heard the "don't understand why anyone would waste time with them when they could just be hanging with people instead" line in the past and it always makes me wonder if the people saying that sort of thing ever watched TV alone or perused the internet for no good reason.

Again, you were pretty clear in saying they were a waste of time for only you, I just thought I'd open things up to discourse a little bit.
Old 04-11-2013, 01:18 AM   #54
SevereUpInHere
Utryin2getthepipe?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rake2204
Yeah, I respect that. Since playing video games does not seem to be fun to you, it wouldn't make much sense to play them. However, would you find them to be a waste of time to people who enjoy them (referring to those who enjoy them in moderation)?

I only ask because I've heard the "don't understand why anyone would waste time with them when they could just be hanging with people instead" line in the past and it always makes me wonder if the people saying that sort of thing ever watched TV alone or perused the internet for no good reason.

Again, you were pretty clear in saying they were a waste of time for only you, I just thought I'd open things up to discourse a little bit.

Don't get it twisted, I waste time with the best of them. Video games are just at the bottom of the list of things I'd chose to waste my spare time with. Hell I'll sit and watch a re-run of Pimp my Ride when I get home from work sometimes. Not many things are more of a waste of time than that.
SevereUpInHere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 01:25 AM   #55
Rake2204
7-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by SevereUpInHere
Don't get it twisted, I waste time with the best of them. Video games are just at the bottom of the list of things I'd chose to waste my spare time with. Hell I'll sit and watch a re-run of Pimp my Ride when I get home from work sometimes. Not many things are more of a waste of time than that.
Haha, good stuff.
Old 04-11-2013, 02:15 AM   #56
PrettyCool
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
I'll usually go on spurts where I will play a lot for like 2 weeks and then not touch games for a month or two. I enjoy playing good story or exploration based games as an escapist hobby every once in a while but I can't play consistently anymore.

This is 100% how I am. Except it's obsessive and all consuming for like a month then a break for six or so months. this is because I'm obsessed with a couple of old xbox games with a lot a replayability, and my 360 broke like 3 years ago. San andreas, Vice city, Jade empire, Kotor 1&2, and star wars battlefront 2. I fully beat 2 of those games and play battlefront 2 like crazy then I give up on video games for another 6 or so months.
PrettyCool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 04:08 AM   #57
tomtucker
Prince of Wallachia

got the ps3.......but Rarely play anymore......all games are the same....you either walk around shooting or drive.........or sports games: you put something into something......same shit over and over.........and now comes ps4 with the same crap
tomtucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 03:47 PM   #58
ROCSteady
Wall*Kobe*Durant*Pau*

I have little to zero interest in video games anymore.

I used to play a lot of Playstation, 64, Xbox, etc. growing up and spent a lot of money getting games but I couldn't care less now.

Only games I will play are NHL, NBA2K or Madden.

More as a social thing. I don't feel the need to own a new gen console.

Other games literally bore me and seem so complicated to learn that I jus don't give a shit
ROCSteady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 03:56 PM   #59
Stuckey
ifirtworld

only play haxball now and then

too lazy, cheap, and unmotivated to learn a game and master it

use to be addicted to starcraft 1, counterstrike back in early high school

now it's just basketball
Stuckey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 03:59 PM   #60
alenleomessi
GloryhunterSinceThe90s

i play fifa or nba few times a year with some friends on ps3. thats it.
alenleomessi is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: