Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 04-10-2013, 10:24 PM   #1
hoopaddict08
Decent college freshman

hoopaddict08 is a pretty well-respected posterhoopaddict08 is a pretty well-respected posterhoopaddict08 is a pretty well-respected posterhoopaddict08 is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Massive overbite

Was just reading what I would have to do to fix this and it appears surgery is the only option and it's costly. My overbite is so bad my front teeth can't touch even if I try. Anyone know someone who has gone through this? I really want to get this fixed.
hoopaddict08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 10:31 PM   #2
Patrick Chewing
Cobra Kai Sensei

Patrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Massive overbite

I think and I think all can agree, that it is required that you post a pic first before a response.
Patrick Chewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 10:36 PM   #3
hoopaddict08
Decent college freshman

hoopaddict08 is a pretty well-respected posterhoopaddict08 is a pretty well-respected posterhoopaddict08 is a pretty well-respected posterhoopaddict08 is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Chewing
I think and I think all can agree, that it is required that you post a pic first before a response.

I would rather not. It is bad enough where I can bite down all the way and stick my index finger behind my top front teeth and in front of my bottom teeth.
hoopaddict08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 10:39 PM   #4
Bosnian Sajo
(-_-)(X_X)BB(9_9)(^_^)

Bosnian Sajo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBosnian Sajo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBosnian Sajo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBosnian Sajo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBosnian Sajo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBosnian Sajo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBosnian Sajo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBosnian Sajo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBosnian Sajo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Pics. We need them.
Bosnian Sajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 10:42 PM   #5
kNicKz
College superstar

kNicKz is a pretty well-respected posterkNicKz is a pretty well-respected posterkNicKz is a pretty well-respected poster

Don't post pics. Get the surgery
kNicKz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 10:56 PM   #6
SevereUpInHere
Utryin2getthepipe?

SevereUpInHere has an incredible reputation hereSevereUpInHere has an incredible reputation hereSevereUpInHere has an incredible reputation hereSevereUpInHere has an incredible reputation hereSevereUpInHere has an incredible reputation hereSevereUpInHere has an incredible reputation hereSevereUpInHere has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopaddict08
Was just reading what I would have to do to fix this and it appears surgery is the only option and it's costly. My overbite is so bad my front teeth can't touch even if I try. Anyone know someone who has gone through this? I really want to get this fixed.

How do you eat? Can you even bite anything with your front teeth?

Dunno how old you are, but I had braces late high school, while it sucked then, I've got great teeth now. Worth it 100x over to get the work done and mine weren't even really bad. .
SevereUpInHere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 11:03 PM   #7
HardwoodLegend
The Magical T-Mac

HardwoodLegend is a pretty well-respected posterHardwoodLegend is a pretty well-respected posterHardwoodLegend is a pretty well-respected poster

Nobody's nicknamed you 'Nelson Muntz' or anything like that, have they?
HardwoodLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 11:07 PM   #8
BrickingStar
Banned

BrickingStar is popular on this boardBrickingStar is popular on this boardBrickingStar is popular on this boardBrickingStar is popular on this board

BrickingStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 11:09 PM   #9
Cowboy Thunder
2012 I rep flatulence

Cowboy Thunder has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by HardwoodLegend
Nobody's nicknamed you 'Nelson Muntz' or anything like that, have they?

Cowboy Thunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 11:14 PM   #10
Bandito
NBA Superstar

Bandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

My friend had that problem and he had to use braces and then get surgery. He looks good now and now he even has a chin!
Bandito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 11:30 PM   #11
NoGunzJustSkillz

NoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopaddict08
if you go to the doctor and can't afford the surgery, make sure you say the overbite causes pain. maybe you'll be entitled to some financial assistance, but i don't think that option will be available just so you can look pretty.
NoGunzJustSkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 11:53 PM   #12
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

InspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

didn't Kevin Love get surgery to correct a big overbite? that's why he looks so different now, well that and losing the baby fat. but his face looks really different.

InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 12:41 AM   #13
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Myth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
didn't Kevin Love get surgery to correct a big overbite? that's why he looks so different now, well that and losing the baby fat. but his face looks really different.

Never heard anything about this, but he looks like he has an underbite if anything on the left.
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 12:52 AM   #14
unbreakable
National High School Star

unbreakable posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryunbreakable posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

i had a horrible overbite growing up.. got braces when i was about 13-14 and it helped alot.. still got a small overbite but nowhere near as bad when i first had it..

if you cant afford braces maybe try invisalign or something? good luck brah
unbreakable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 12:59 AM   #15
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter

Scoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation here

If it's really severe then surgery is the only real fix. They cut your mandible apart and slide it forward. It's actually pretty cool.
Scoooter is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: