Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 04-12-2013, 09:17 AM   #31
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

rufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Rufus, are you really a dentist?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Chewing
Have you treated Perocoronitis before??

All the time. And it's pericornitis.
rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 11:55 AM   #32
Bandito
NBA Role Player

Bandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydacris
RP is no joke

rated #1 dentist on ISH
How many dentists are on Ish?
Bandito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 12:01 PM   #33
pinhead
Great young streetballer

pinhead has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partspinhead has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partspinhead has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partspinhead has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partspinhead has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meticode
Do you brush your tongue? While a lot of odor causing bacteria exists between the teeth (this is evident when you floss too sometimes if you don't brush for a couple days), your tongue contains an enormous amount of bacteria. While a lot of it is good for breaking down food, other bacteria causes the order. Brushing your tongue softly not to damage it (taste buds) will help with the stinky breath issue.

While I'm not a dentist I've done this in the past and it does help.

My tongue doesn't really smell that bad.

If a tongue does stink it is a result of something going on elsewhere. Somebody's tongue doesn't just stink. I had a impacted wisdom teeth in the back of my jaw that made my tongue stink pretty bad. Once I removed that wisdom tooth the odour on my tongue decreased alot.
pinhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 12:02 PM   #34
pinhead
Great young streetballer

pinhead has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partspinhead has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partspinhead has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partspinhead has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partspinhead has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandito
How many dentists are on Ish?

Old 04-12-2013, 12:05 PM   #35
pinhead
Great young streetballer

Rufus

Are you aware of tonsil stones? There are some pretty disgusting youtube clips of them.

Are tonsil stones a result of your teeth/dental hygiene?

I sometimes feel like I might have them but I have never coughed one up.
Old 04-12-2013, 12:07 PM   #36
Bandito
NBA Role Player

Bandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinhead
Who are they?

Also almighty Rufus, somebody asked a question about a rotten tooth that is applies to me also.

I have a rotten tooth that does not cause pain or bad odor, do I have to take it out now? or maybe get it drill and then fixed with that filling stuff (do not know how it is called in english, too lazy to find a dictionary and translate it)?

Also I have a wisdom that finally came out on the top left of my mouth, do I take it out or just wait?
Bandito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 03:03 PM   #37
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

rufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
My tongue doesn't really smell that bad.

If a tongue does stink it is a result of something going on elsewhere. Somebody's tongue doesn't just stink. I had a impacted wisdom teeth in the back of my jaw that made my tongue stink pretty bad. Once I removed that wisdom tooth the odour on my tongue decreased alot.

Wrong. Your tongue is like a carpet and can harbor all kinds of bacteria and yeast colonies. Meticode is right here.
Old 04-12-2013, 03:05 PM   #38
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandito
Who are they?

Also almighty Rufus, somebody asked a question about a rotten tooth that is applies to me also.

I have a rotten tooth that does not cause pain or bad odor, do I have to take it out now? or maybe get it drill and then fixed with that filling stuff (do not know how it is called in english, too lazy to find a dictionary and translate it)?

Also I have a wisdom that finally came out on the top left of my mouth, do I take it out or just wait?

As a general rule it is never a good idea to have a necrotic tooth in your mouth even if it isn't causing any pain.

I can't answer specific questions because I don't have the information I need (exam and x-rays) to offer sound advice. I'm happy to answer general questions though.

15 Reasons to date a dentist
Old 04-12-2013, 03:08 PM   #39
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

Quote:
Rufus

Are you aware of tonsil stones? There are some pretty disgusting youtube clips of them.

Are tonsil stones a result of your teeth/dental hygiene?

I sometimes feel like I might have them but I have never coughed one up.

Tonsil stones, like any other glandular calcifications (gall, kidney, salivary stones, etc) are most likely caused by excessive mineral intake in the diet, although this isn't really known for certain.
Old 04-12-2013, 03:14 PM   #40
Kaspah
We hoopin?

Kaspah is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKaspah is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKaspah is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKaspah is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKaspah is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKaspah is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKaspah is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKaspah is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKaspah is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKaspah is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

So when you do normal checkups do you tell people they have awesome teeth or what?

Your answer was not helpful at all, I'm disappointed.
Kaspah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 11:11 PM   #41
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaspah
So when you do normal checkups do you tell people they have awesome teeth or what?

Your answer was not helpful at all, I'm disappointed.

I tell everyone their teeth look terrible. How the fukc do you think I make a living?????

I also answered your idiotic question on the previous page.

Last edited by rufuspaul : 04-12-2013 at 11:15 PM.
Old 04-12-2013, 11:33 PM   #42
Andrew Wiggins
National High School Star

Andrew Wiggins is a pretty well-respected posterAndrew Wiggins is a pretty well-respected posterAndrew Wiggins is a pretty well-respected posterAndrew Wiggins is a pretty well-respected poster

is there an optimal time to floss - like right before bed or first thing in the morning before you brush?
Andrew Wiggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 01:36 AM   #43
HardwoodLegend
The Magical T-Mac

HardwoodLegend is a pretty well-respected posterHardwoodLegend is a pretty well-respected posterHardwoodLegend is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Wiggins
is there an optimal time to floss - like right before bed or first thing in the morning before you brush?

Intuitively speaking, I'd say optimal times for flossing would be after every meal. Twice a day is best, but getting in at least one flossing session per day (any time) is the bare minimum.

Rufus, I went to the dentist for a deep gum cleaning.. they examined my mouth and found some spots to be severe problem areas (6 rating meaning onset of periodontis). After the deep cleaning, it seems like food is getting stuck in my teeth more easily. Is this normal? My teeth and gums are sore as hell as it is right now, and the food getting caught is annoying as hell.
HardwoodLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 03:06 AM   #44
Patrick Chewing
Cobra Kai Sensei

Patrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by rufuspaul
All the time. And it's pericornitis.

Ahh. Yeah I had this a few weeks back. This one wisdom tooth has a flap of gum over it and it got infected. Needless to say, one of the worst pains ever. Very hard to eat. Don't have insurance right now so I toughed it out.
Patrick Chewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 04:21 AM   #45
outbreak
Custom User Title

outbreak has an incredible reputation hereoutbreak has an incredible reputation hereoutbreak has an incredible reputation hereoutbreak has an incredible reputation hereoutbreak has an incredible reputation hereoutbreak has an incredible reputation hereoutbreak has an incredible reputation here

I've got holes in my teeth I need filled but Rufus I was wondering if my dentist is any good, whenever I see him he pokes my gums with his hook tool so far that they bleed and hurt like a bitch. He then says this is normal and everything looks fine? Is he supposed to be being my gums like that? Do you do that too?
outbreak is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: