Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 04-12-2013, 05:17 PM   #46
Heavincent
5-time NBA All-Star

Heavincent is popular on this boardHeavincent is popular on this boardHeavincent is popular on this boardHeavincent is popular on this board
Default Re: Why Is LeBron Brought Up in Any Thread About Melo

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaSeba5
LeBron had some legendary games in the playoffs, but it wasn't a legendary playoff run. It was a very good run. He proved himself, which is why I hate when people say it was given, he was carried, it was the lockout, or it was all luck. He earned it. Give him his respect and that is all.

Now it definitely wasn't top 5 of all time or anything like that. People exaggerate on here.

You're one of the very few respectable Heat posters on here. Respect.
Heavincent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 05:17 PM   #47
tikay0
Banned

tikay0 is starting to rub some people the wrong waytikay0 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Was last year's team better than the 2011 team? You're a Bulls fan so you're not going to agree with me, but Miami would have beaten that Bulls team. People are acting like if the East was healthy Miami would have lost. They might not have beaten teams in 5 again, but they would have beaten those teams in 6 or 7 games.

Now if Bosh was hurt and they played Chicago, then you have a case.

Yes, it was. We didn't have Bogans starting for us at SG, and the players had a year under their belts to get acclimated to the system, and comfortable with each other.

I know there isn't a stat for this, but I swear, we had to of led the league in most open shots. Our offense was clicking that year, and when Rip was actually starting and not injured, we were a championship caliber team. There's no denying that.

Our ball movement was elite, and out defense was the same. We were the perfect team to knock off the Heat. Too bad Rose got hurt, and we couldn't get to see that matchup.
tikay0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 05:20 PM   #48
DaSeba5
Heat|Dolphins|Marlins

DaSeba5 has an incredible reputation hereDaSeba5 has an incredible reputation hereDaSeba5 has an incredible reputation hereDaSeba5 has an incredible reputation hereDaSeba5 has an incredible reputation hereDaSeba5 has an incredible reputation hereDaSeba5 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by tikay0
Yes, it was. We didn't have Bogans starting for us at SG, and the players had a year under their belts to get acclimated to the system, and comfortable with each other.

I know there isn't a stat for this, but I swear, we had to of led the league in most open shots. Our offense was clicking that year, and when Rip was actually starting and not injured, we were a championship caliber team. There's no denying that.

Our ball movement was elite, and out defense was the same. We were the perfect team to knock off the Heat. Too bad Rose got hurt, and we couldn't get to see that matchup.

They definitely had a shot against Miami if they were healthy. I don't disagree with that all. However, I still think Miami would have still beaten them.

It doesn't matter now. It is what it is. We're getting off topic. My point was that people always find ways to discredit LeBron. Just give him the respect that he deserved for last year, and move on.
DaSeba5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 05:20 PM   #49
tikay0
Banned

tikay0 is starting to rub some people the wrong waytikay0 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
I don't agree on the sweep part, but 2011 was the best year to beat the Heat. They didn't have a bench, they played a iso offense, and the Bulls had a legitimate strength in HCA, a bench, and size against Miami, yet still lost in 5.

Rose had an ankle injury. Noah had a broken thumb. Boozer had plantar. We were hobbling into the ECF.

Our offense was nowhere near the 12' Bulls team. We had Bogans starting at the 2, and the first year Thibs got signed, his main goal was to set the defensive tone, and make sure the whole team was acclimated, and knew the defense like the back of their hands. He didn't put that much priority on offense, and let Rose do his magic.

The following years Bulls team was a completely different story.
Old 04-12-2013, 05:21 PM   #50
Bandito
Banned

Bandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
What team could have beaten the Heat in a 7 game series in the East?

The Bulls? Of course. They were the #1 seed and always give Miami problems with their defense, rebounding, and good coaching. However, Miami already beat that team in 5.

The Celtics? Yeah there missing quite a few players, but I think if Bosh didn't get hurt it would not have been a 7 game series. A fully healthy Celtics team could have beaten Miami with no Bosh, but a fully healthy Miami team would beat them.
No they beat the 2011 version of the Bulls, as Rose and other young players learn from that experience they should played them better. They had a chance better than everybody on the east that year and honestly that was the only team that had a chance.

I'll give you the Celtics series though...they just played great even if Rondo got injured/ejected (I can't remember what happened in game 5 or 6 though fu(k me lol)

Again this is all a what if and doesn't prove anything.
Bandito is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 05:21 PM   #51
tikay0
Banned

Quote:
They definitely had a shot against Miami if they were healthy. I don't disagree with that all. However, I still think Miami would have still beaten them.

It doesn't matter now. It is what it is. We're getting off topic. My point was that people always find ways to discredit LeBron. Just give him the respect that he deserved for last year, and move on.

I'm not even hating on Lebron. I just hate when people say that the Heat would've beaten the Bulls without a doubt.

You haven't, so I'll respect that. Just wanted to set the record straight, on how the Bulls were definitely not the same team as the previous year.

Old 04-12-2013, 05:24 PM   #52
DaSeba5
Heat|Dolphins|Marlins

DaSeba5 has an incredible reputation hereDaSeba5 has an incredible reputation hereDaSeba5 has an incredible reputation hereDaSeba5 has an incredible reputation hereDaSeba5 has an incredible reputation hereDaSeba5 has an incredible reputation hereDaSeba5 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Rose had an ankle injury. Noah had a broken thumb. Boozer had plantar. We were hobbling into the ECF.

Our offense was nowhere near the 12' Bulls team. We had Bogans starting at the 2, and the first year Thibs got signed, his main goal was to set the defensive tone, and make sure the whole team was acclimated, and knew the defense like the back of their hands. He didn't put that much priority on offense, and let Rose do his magic.

The following years Bulls team was a completely different story.

2011 was still the best season to beat Miami though, which Dallas did. This Heat team is far greater than the one in 2011 where they had Big Z, Arroyo, Malgoire, ect.

That Heat team was just a watch Wade and LeBron do stuff offense. Their perimeter shots fell against Boston and Chicago in 2011, so they beat them. They couldn't make any of them in the Finals. That team had a ton of flaws.

They needed to lose in the Finals. They were talking a lot of shit and being cocky. Getting humble is what has helped make this Heat team very good.
Old 04-12-2013, 05:26 PM   #53
DaSeba5
Heat|Dolphins|Marlins

Quote:
I'm not even hating on Lebron. I just hate when people say that the Heat would've beaten the Bulls without a doubt.

You haven't, so I'll respect that. Just wanted to set the record straight, on how the Bulls were definitely not the same team as the previous year.

I apologize. I was only going by off the top of my head.

Yes I don't think we would have beaten them without a doubt at all. It would have been a good series, and I wish it happened.
Old 04-12-2013, 05:48 PM   #54
SilkkTheShocker
RAY ALLEN FOR 3..BANG!

SilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Rose would have possibly shot 8% with LeBron on him again.

Baby steps.
SilkkTheShocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 05:49 PM   #55
willds09
Banned

willds09 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angrywillds09 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angrywillds09 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilkkTheShocker
Their body of works aren't even comparable.
Yea melo definitely dont have lebrons no call push off and traveling skills
willds09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 05:52 PM   #56
SilkkTheShocker
RAY ALLEN FOR 3..BANG!

SilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by willds09
Yea melo definitely dont have lebrons no call push off and traveling skills

Agreed.

And LeBron doesn't have 8 1st round exits in the playoffs.
Old 04-12-2013, 05:54 PM   #57
Bandito
Banned

Bandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilkkTheShocker
Agreed.

And LeBron doesn't have 8 1st round exits in the playoffs.
Thank the Wizards for that.
Bandito is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 05:55 PM   #58
willds09
Banned

willds09 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angrywillds09 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angrywillds09 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by retaxis
You do realise Lebron last year to the championship was one of a kind. Lebron played first round Melo (captain and best player of Knicks), second round Granger (Captain and best player of Pacers), ECF Pierce (captain and arguably best player of Celtics) and Durant (captain and best player of OKC). He potentially went through and destroyed each captain of every team (as they all played his position) on his way to championship.
knicks had multiple injures last year and refs still cheated for tha heat, pacers were pretenders, celtics wasn't supposed to be there in tha first place cuz of derrick rose injury and refs still cheated that series for tha heat, thunder got cheated even tha refs gave spolestra a high five that last game, I rest my damn case
willds09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 05:56 PM   #59
SilkkTheShocker
RAY ALLEN FOR 3..BANG!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandito
Thank the Wizards for that.

Or because LeBron was good enough to lead his teams to better regular season records.
Old 04-12-2013, 06:01 PM   #60
Legends66NBA7
Birds of a Feather

Legends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Seems like the case both ways.

I've seen Heat/LeBron fans bring up LeBron in threads that have nothing to do with either the Heat/LeBron to mock Anthony.
Legends66NBA7 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: