Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 04-12-2013, 11:40 PM   #76
SourPatchKids
Banned

SourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Spurs waive Stephen Jackson

SourPatchKids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 11:43 PM   #77
SCdac
Very good NBA starter

SCdac has a terrific reputationSCdac has a terrific reputationSCdac has a terrific reputationSCdac has a terrific reputationSCdac has a terrific reputation

more I think about it, more I'm reminded of Michael Finley's departure from SA a few years ago... veteran player on his last legs complaining about his role and minutes... team and player eventually had enough, waived during the season.
SCdac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 11:55 PM   #78
ProfessorMurder
I am your soldier!

ProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCdac
more I think about it, more I'm reminded of Michael Finley's departure from SA a few years ago... veteran player on his last legs complaining about his role and minutes... team and player eventually had enough, waived during the season.

Great, does that mean Jax will come to Boston and suck like Finley?
ProfessorMurder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 12:01 AM   #79
R.I.P.
NBA lottery pick

R.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandito
How...Why...could somebody explain to me why would they do this?

Cause he is a Jack-ass that hurts team chemistry?
R.I.P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 12:21 AM   #80
sportjames23
MJ>>>>Lebron KD & Kobe

sportjames23 is popular on this boardsportjames23 is popular on this boardsportjames23 is popular on this boardsportjames23 is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.I.P.
Cause he is a Jack-ass that hurts team chemistry?

That's Captain Jack-ass to you, buddy.
sportjames23 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 12:42 AM   #81
Greg Oden 50
Banned

Greg Oden 50 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryGreg Oden 50 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryGreg Oden 50 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

1st round exit.............
Greg Oden 50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 02:23 AM   #82
Anaximandro1
High School Varsity 6th Man

Anaximandro1 has an OK reputation so far

Pop must have a good reason to get rid of Jax.

On the bright side,the Spurs finally have a healthy starting lineup.The team still has hope to make the WCF.
Anaximandro1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 03:10 AM   #83
rmt
National High School Star

rmt is considered somewhat coolrmt is considered somewhat coolrmt is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCdac

Don't think Finley complained about his role and minutes - he thought Spurs were a sinking ship before ASKING to be let go. He went to Boston and the irony is that Spurs and Manu in particular then went on a roll. Think Boston lost before the Spurs that playoffs.
rmt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 03:58 AM   #84
Nero Tulip
Local High School Star

Nero Tulip has decent reputation

I think they're just giving up. At this rate I wouldn't be surprised if Timmy and Tony sit out the playoffs.
Nero Tulip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 04:21 AM   #85
Big#50
College star

Big#50 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nero Tulip
I think they're just giving up. At this rate I wouldn't be surprised if Timmy and Tony sit out the playoffs.
Jackson ****ing sucks this season. Intangibles, heart, toughness, all that other bullshit Spurs fans bring up when it come to Jack doesn't mean shit. Dude was taking space on the floor. 6 ppg on 38% shooting LOL. He was ****ing slow all year. Tim will bring it this post season. Tony and MANU will be ready by the second round. Leonard wil play 36 mins a game. Let's ****ing go Spurs!!
Big#50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 04:21 AM   #86
Big#50
College star

Big#50 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nero Tulip
Jackson ****ing sucks this season. Intangibles, heart, toughness, all that other bullshit Spurs fans bring up when it come to Jack doesn't mean shit. Dude was taking space on the floor. 6 ppg on 38% shooting LOL. He was ****ing slow all year. Tim will bring it this post season. Tony and MANU will be ready by the second round. Leonard wil play 36 mins a game. Let's ****ing go Spurs!!
Big#50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 08:57 AM   #87
Nero Tulip
Local High School Star

Nero Tulip has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big#50

Honestly it's over. The team just sucks. We were the best team last year, and should've won the championship, and we choked. Now it's over. It's time to rebuild. No way we win the 2nd round, and I think even Houston has a decent chance at beating us.
Nero Tulip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 10:20 AM   #88
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

It's Stephen Jackson. He's an idiot. He plays with massive heart and is a clutch player but he's a moron and a malcontent. How is this surprising at all?
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 11:22 AM   #89
leopoldstotch
Book 'em Dan'l

leopoldstotch is popular on this boardleopoldstotch is popular on this boardleopoldstotch is popular on this boardleopoldstotch is popular on this board

I hope the Spurs know what they're doing. The shooting guard/small forward slots are very thin at the moment with manu out. Right now, it's only Leonard, Green, de Colo, and Neal. Unless they're planning on playing Mills and Joseph more at the shooting guard position?
leopoldstotch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 11:53 AM   #90
SCdac
Very good NBA starter

SCdac has a terrific reputationSCdac has a terrific reputationSCdac has a terrific reputationSCdac has a terrific reputationSCdac has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmt
Don't think Finley complained about his role and minutes - he thought Spurs were a sinking ship before ASKING to be let go. He went to Boston and the irony is that Spurs and Manu in particular then went on a roll. Think Boston lost before the Spurs that playoffs.

He did. I don't know if there's any public comments from him, but at the time he was dissatisfied with losing the starting job to newly acquired Richard Jefferson. Finley was much more professional all around, but what's common is both of their roles shrunk, both were having poor seasons, and both wanted to leave mid season (reportedly, spurs and jackson were talking about separation around the AS break). Only difference is the timing. Very strategic if you ask me, but who knows what's going on behind the scenes. Jackson has a history of outbursts alot more than Pop though.
SCdac is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: