Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 04-13-2013, 02:12 PM   #31
Pacers4ever
Banned

Pacers4ever has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: am i the only one who's not a fan of live music concerts?

I have no idea why I would waste my time watching a concert on a stream If you want to listen to music just search it up on youtube or download it. Go out more OP
Pacers4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 12:14 AM   #32
HardwoodLegend
The Magical T-Mac

HardwoodLegend is a pretty well-respected posterHardwoodLegend is a pretty well-respected posterHardwoodLegend is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pacers4ever
I have no idea why I would waste my time watching a concert on a stream If you want to listen to music just search it up on youtube or download it. Go out more OP

If you're going to be on the computer with either option, I don't see what's the big deal about choosing to watch the stream.

There's still a bit of ambient feel to the music even though you aren't there in the flesh, and you get to see scantily clad chicks interspersed throughout the footage.

Watching some of the Coachella sets has helped me discover a few acts that I didn't care to check out previously because of genre bias. I'm now a fan of Metric, Bats for Lashes, Passion Pit, and Of Monsters and Men.

Earl Sweatshirt wasn't bad either even though his attire was beyond ridiculous, and I couldn't make out all of his lyrics too well.
HardwoodLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 12:39 AM   #33
Patrick Chewing
Knicks fan since 1981

Patrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Kizzle
Hip-Hop is terrible live. See a good classic rock or old school funk band live.

A Blues band is the best to see live. Small venue, and close to the musicians. Nothing more you could ask for.
Patrick Chewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 12:46 AM   #34
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

L.Kizzle has a near all-star reputation hereL.Kizzle has a near all-star reputation hereL.Kizzle has a near all-star reputation hereL.Kizzle has a near all-star reputation hereL.Kizzle has a near all-star reputation hereL.Kizzle has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Chewing
A Blues band is the best to see live. Small venue, and close to the musicians. Nothing more you could ask for.
Well yeah, Blues and Jazz too. Reggae.
L.Kizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 01:05 AM   #35
HardwoodLegend
The Magical T-Mac

HardwoodLegend is a pretty well-respected posterHardwoodLegend is a pretty well-respected posterHardwoodLegend is a pretty well-respected poster

La Roux in an intimate setting would be really cool.
I'd be willing to give Lana Del Rey a shot too despite her SNL showing.
Amy Winehouse if she were still alive.
Old 04-14-2013, 12:03 PM   #36
eriX
High School Starter

eriX has decent reputation

EDM events/festivals are the best live music events ever.
eriX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 12:10 PM   #37
JerryWest
kobeee!!

JerryWest posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryJerryWest posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

op is a hermit
JerryWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 12:45 PM   #38
travelingman
Rules #2 dont give fk*

travelingman is popular on this boardtravelingman is popular on this boardtravelingman is popular on this boardtravelingman is popular on this boardtravelingman is popular on this board

Maybe it's because I'm a musician, but I wouldn't go to a concert unless the band/performer playing was a virtuoso in his/her own right. Some bands are good, but not necessarily worth seeing live. For example, Pearl Jam I would only go see for Eddie Vedder's vocals, Stone Temple Pilots I would go see for everyone except Scott Weiland, and GN'R I would maybe only see just to say that I saw Axl Rose in person. As far as virtuosos, I'd love to see Steve Vai, Tosin Abasi, Mike Portnoy, Kevin Keith, et al. But yeah I'm not much of a concert-goer.
travelingman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 12:51 PM   #39
johndeeregreen
Oh yeah, Mitch Kramer?

johndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I don't know why you wouldn't like it. Certainly, some bands don't sound great live, but that's the risk you take. And you can still have fun if they don't sound phenomenal, because these guys are entertainers as much as performers. Case in point, George Thorogood didn't sound great at all when I saw him, but it was still a lot of fun. I've seen AC/DC three times (with varying degrees of sound quality, although they were pretty good every time), and you're there for the show as much as the music. Same with Hank Williams Jr, he sounded pretty good but it was fun just listening to his stories, watching him perform, etc. Guy was a true performer.

Just because a guy sounds great doesn't mean it's going to be a super fun show. I'm looking at you John Fogerty.

I really don't get how you can't be a fan of live music unless you hate the band you're seeing.
johndeeregreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 12:58 PM   #40
travelingman
Rules #2 dont give fk*

travelingman is popular on this boardtravelingman is popular on this boardtravelingman is popular on this boardtravelingman is popular on this boardtravelingman is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by johndeeregreen
I don't know why you wouldn't like it. Certainly, some bands don't sound great live, but that's the risk you take. And you can still have fun if they don't sound phenomenal, because these guys are entertainers as much as performers. Case in point, George Thorogood didn't sound great at all when I saw him, but it was still a lot of fun. I've seen AC/DC three times (with varying degrees of sound quality, although they were pretty good every time), and you're there for the show as much as the music. Same with Hank Williams Jr, he sounded pretty good but it was fun just listening to his stories, watching him perform, etc. Guy was a true performer.

Just because a guy sounds great doesn't mean it's going to be a super fun show. I'm looking at you John Fogerty.

I really don't get how you can't be a fan of live music unless you hate the band you're seeing.

I think it's a bit too much to say you must hate a band if you don't appreciate their live stuff. Now, if I'm a huge fan of a band, I'll go see them rain or shine. However, if I'm new to or indifferent to a band, it depends, you know?
travelingman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 02:18 PM   #41
johndeeregreen
Oh yeah, Mitch Kramer?

johndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelingman
I think it's a bit too much to say you must hate a band if you don't appreciate their live stuff. Now, if I'm a huge fan of a band, I'll go see them rain or shine. However, if I'm new to or indifferent to a band, it depends, you know?
I think you misunderstood me a bit. I didn't mean hate a band because they suck live, I meant to say to hate live music in general, I just don't get it. Unless you hate the band you're seeing. Post was directed at OP, not as judgment on your comments.
johndeeregreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 05:55 PM   #42
nightprowler10
Bring Back Bogans!

nightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelingman
Stone Temple Pilots I would go see for everyone except Scott Weiland
Funnily enough I saw STP live in Chicago a few years ago and I was not impressed whatsoever. Everyone else I've talked to raves about them live but that show just sucked and I'd be pissed if I hadn't only paid $35. But yeah I'm pretty sure Weiland was the main reason I felt this way.

Another band that was really good live was Korn. Seether is also surprisingly good live.
nightprowler10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 06:35 PM   #43
BrickingStar
Banned

BrickingStar is popular on this boardBrickingStar is popular on this boardBrickingStar is popular on this boardBrickingStar is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryWest
op is a hermit
Sure sounds like it from some of his threads
BrickingStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 12:27 AM   #44
HardwoodLegend
The Magical T-Mac

I experience feelings of hermitage every once and a while, but even when I like to get out I still don't care for hordes of people.

That said, Wu Tang Clan bout to hit the Coachella stage!!! YouTube is my best friend.
Old 04-15-2013, 12:31 AM   #45
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

DeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightprowler10
Funnily enough I saw STP live in Chicago a few years ago and I was not impressed whatsoever. Everyone else I've talked to raves about them live but that show just sucked and I'd be pissed if I hadn't only paid $35. But yeah I'm pretty sure Weiland was the main reason I felt this way.

Another band that was really good live was Korn. Seether is also surprisingly good live.

STP has a good mix but Scott is usually ****ed up and sings whatever lyrics he wants. Can be annoying. Same goes for the few time I saw him with Velvet Revolver.
DeuceWallaces is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: