Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 04-13-2013, 04:08 AM   #16
Noof
Local High School Star

Default Re: Where do the Lakers go from here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzer87
How are you going to rebuild with Howard when hes playing with the Nets next yr????:
How exactly are the Nets going to acquire him? Enlighten me.
Noof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 05:54 AM   #17
All Net
Twitter-@AllNetSports

Quote:
How are you going to rebuild with Howard when hes playing with the Nets next yr????:

Where do you think nets would get the money from exactly?
All Net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 06:56 AM   #18
Shepseskaf
Old School

Of course, the Lakers FO will never say this but Kobe's injury is a blessing in disguise for them. There were no championships on the horizon for this group, and his high volume shooting/usage rate as a declining player would have gotten worse and worse with time.

In short, Kobe and Lakers were headed for a very ugly divorce if the injury hadn't occurred.

Now, the landscape is completely different and the team has more options. Most importantly, the injury will allow LA's fans to envision a Kobe-free future without having to make moves like benching him, or trading him -- both which would be public relations nightmares.

I do wish Kobe the best with his recovery. He'll play again, but perhaps not with the Lakers. If he uses the rehab time to understand that he has to come back as a different player, he could still be a very valuable piece for someone.
Shepseskaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 11:05 AM   #19
retaxis
Good High School Starter

good job good effort
retaxis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 11:23 AM   #20
longtime lurker
NBA sixth man of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyMontana
The same place they should go whether or not Kobe ever got hurt.

Amnesty Kobe and rebuild around Howard. With only Howard and Nash on the cap in 2015 they should be able to get some serious remodeling.

Kobe is a cancer at this point and doesn't provide any utility at all. All he provides is high volume scoring and an extremely high usage rate. In short he is one of those guys who NEEDS the ball to do anything, but isn't nearly good enough to warrant having the ball all the time.

I wouldn't pay 5 million for him let alone the 30 the Lakers do. Give me Ray Allen over Kobe any day.

STFU you're a lame ass troll and gimmick
longtime lurker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 11:30 AM   #21
BlackVVaves
College superstar

Quote:

Go ahead, explain to us how this transpires. The stage is yours.
BlackVVaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 11:48 AM   #22
The_Yearning
The Truthteller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shepseskaf
Of course, the Lakers FO will never say this but Kobe's injury is a blessing in disguise for them. There were no championships on the horizon for this group, and his high volume shooting/usage rate as a declining player would have gotten worse and worse with time.

In short, Kobe and Lakers were headed for a very ugly divorce if the injury hadn't occurred.

Now, the landscape is completely different and the team has more options. Most importantly, the injury will allow LA's fans to envision a Kobe-free future without having to make moves like benching him, or trading him -- both which would be public relations nightmares.

I do wish Kobe the best with his recovery. He'll play again, but perhaps not with the Lakers. If he uses the rehab time to understand that he has to come back as a different player, he could still be a very valuable piece for someone.

You're stupid as fk.
The_Yearning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 12:09 PM   #23
PotOdds
I airball my layups

When's Nash coming back? He was being hampered because Kobe was so ball dominant. It's terrible about Kobe but they still got a HOF point guard who was basically doing 50/40/90. I'm interested in seeing how Nash does now that he has full rein.

Long term, they need to get some talent around Howard. Keeping Pau is now an option since he's been playing well recently. And it's not really a rebuilding since you got Howard in his prime. It's about winning now.
PotOdds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 12:18 PM   #24
Blue&Orange
MIAfan since Crusades

whatever they do, i'm hopping they keep the coach that played Kobe for 48mpg, for the lulz value.
Blue&Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: