Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 02-03-2007, 09:15 PM   #1
ALBballer
Religion? LOL? WTF?

ALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation here
Default Must Keep Players on the Knicks

David Lee- Great rebounder, takes good shots, and he's just a good overall player.

Q-Rich- Decent defender, nice shot, and a a good rebounder. He falls in love with his 3 a bit too much, but his jumpshot has been pretty wet this year.

And after that, I wouldn't really care who got traded.
ALBballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 10:01 PM   #2
bigdaddybluesman
Local High School Star

bigdaddybluesman has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Must Keep Players on the Knicks

Don't give up on Frye and Balkman.

Curry had a great night tonight.

He actually rebounded and dunked and oh my gosh he made an amazing pass, behind the back to Lee.

The rest will be turned over in time.
bigdaddybluesman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 10:31 PM   #3
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Lee, Balkman, Q, anyone else I wouldn't care if they were gone. These are our ONLY usual consistent when playing.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 05:21 AM   #4
oldknickfan
Now there is hope!

oldknickfan has decent reputation

Is any Knicks so good that there would be no other player worth trading him for if you had your choice of anyone?

Compare any one of our players and ask yourself if you would keep him if you were offered your choice of Tim Duncan, Steve Nash, or Kobe Bryant for him.

If not, nobody should be untouchable on the Knicks since it depends what you get in return.

But don't expect anyone to offer Nash for Marbury, Duncan for Curry, or Kobe even for any three other Knicks. Until we can do better Curry, Lee, Marbury, Crawford, Frye, Q are nice players. Balkman and Robbinson often inject energy.

I don't see other teams clamoring for most Knick players. Our most tradable assets are Lee, Curry and Frye. And I'd be reluctant to trade any of them unless we get a substantial upgrade. Marbury and Q are not easily tradable due to age and injuries. Although inconsistent Crawford wins games for us.
oldknickfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 09:43 AM   #5
shafir
I>You. Get over it.

shafir is a pretty well-respected postershafir is a pretty well-respected postershafir is a pretty well-respected poster

Q, Curry, and Lee. Everybody else can go get traded for Kevin Garnett, Jermaine O' Neal, and Pau Gasol
shafir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 10:12 AM   #6
ALBballer
Religion? LOL? WTF?

ALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldknickfan
Is any Knicks so good that there would be no other player worth trading him for if you had your choice of anyone?

Compare any one of our players and ask yourself if you would keep him if you were offered your choice of Tim Duncan, Steve Nash, or Kobe Bryant for him.

If not, nobody should be untouchable on the Knicks since it depends what you get in return.

But don't expect anyone to offer Nash for Marbury, Duncan for Curry, or Kobe even for any three other Knicks. Until we can do better Curry, Lee, Marbury, Crawford, Frye, Q are nice players. Balkman and Robbinson often inject energy.

I don't see other teams clamoring for most Knick players. Our most tradable assets are Lee, Curry and Frye. And I'd be reluctant to trade any of them unless we get a substantial upgrade. Marbury and Q are not easily tradable due to age and injuries. Although inconsistent Crawford wins games for us.

Maybe I was exaggerating when I said "must keep", but what I meant are players that you should keep on your team unless you get a ridiculous trade offer. Of course if we could get PP for Q-Rich then you have to do it, but that's not really going to happen now is it? I just think that Lee and Q are players that don't ruin chemistry and would be nice pieces on successful teams, and I think Balkman is a player that most teams would like to have as well. They're the type of players of players you would like to put around a star player, and most successful teams would love to have them play significant time with there team.

As for Curry, Marbury, Crawford, and the rest of the bunch, I think a lot of teams would be hesitant to give up good players for them or even give them significant time. They're players are one dimensional and ruin offensive continuity at times.

BTW Frye is such an enigma. I don't know if it's due to lack of pt or so, but he's really on or just non-existent.

Last edited by ALBballer : 02-04-2007 at 10:16 AM.
ALBballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 11:08 AM   #7
HaNdLe ThE RoCk
NBA All-star

HaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputationHaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputation

Curry would be the main one i'd keep.

David Lee, Eddy Curry, Quentin Richardson Jamal Crawford, Stephon Marbury, Channing Frye and Renaldo Balkman.

These are the players i want to keep
HaNdLe ThE RoCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 01:51 PM   #8
Jerz Netz
Local High School Star

Jerz Netz has an OK reputation so far

def. got to keep channing
Jerz Netz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 01:18 AM   #9
Don Che
I hit open 5-footers

Don Che has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaNdLe ThE RoCk
Curry would be the main one i'd keep.

David Lee, Eddy Curry, Quentin Richardson Jamal Crawford, Stephon Marbury, Channing Frye and Renaldo Balkman.

These are the players i want to keep

WOW u sound lik da guy that might be fired at da endof the year...David Lee, Quentin,Channing are the guys i would keep. Good teamates, Players, and play hard and hait losing.

If you get a defensive big man and a logical point gaurd those 3 guys can flourish..Frye would be ridiculous of they gave him a chance.
I would like to keep Balkman as a good role player but hes not a KEEPER...Or a guy i would revolve my team around.
Don Che is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 08:11 AM   #10
mghubs27
I airball my layups

mghubs27 has an OK reputation so far

i think they should keep

1) Lee
2) Frye
3) q-rich
4)balkman--brings alot of energy and is gonna be a solid player
5) Curry--but hes gonna have to show alot more then what hes been doing

and have marbury as a pg
mghubs27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007, 01:33 PM   #11
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Steph,Frye,Lee,maybe Q-Rich.I wouldn't mind keeping Curry either.
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007, 01:40 PM   #12
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

How bout we do Must LEAVE players? Heres my list:
Nate Robinson
Steve Francis
Malik Rose
Jerome James

in that order!!!!! I wouldn't mind seeing Crawford go either because I know we could get someone good for him but he's tolerable.
Old 02-09-2007, 06:13 PM   #13
Don Che
I hit open 5-footers

Don Che has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
How bout we do Must LEAVE players? Heres my list:
Nate Robinson
Steve Francis
Malik Rose
Jerome James

in that order!!!!! I wouldn't mind seeing Crawford go either because I know we could get someone good for him but he's tolerable.

what about jared jeffries? i can't stand him...id rather keep nate then all of those players...the kid is so talented and likes winning you know...he isnt a cocky guy thats a bad teamate hes still a good kid jus needs to mature a bit.
Don Che is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 12:49 PM   #14
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

HOLY ****!!! HOW DID I FORGET ABOUT JARED JEFFRIES. THANX ALOT MAN. MAYBE I FORGOT BECUZ HE'S THE MOST OVERPAYED INSIGNIFICANT GUY ON THE KNICKS!!! I'de say he's probably Zeke's worst acquisition. Even more than Jerome James.
Old 02-13-2007, 02:31 PM   #15
Moose

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALBballer
David Lee- Great rebounder, takes good shots, and he's just a good overall player.

Q-Rich- Decent defender, nice shot, and a a good rebounder. He falls in love with his 3 a bit too much, but his jumpshot has been pretty wet this year.

And after that, I wouldn't really care who got traded.

I don't know about that. He's good and all but injury prone.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: