Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 02-11-2007, 07:43 PM   #1
shafir
I>You. Get over it.

shafir is a pretty well-respected postershafir is a pretty well-respected postershafir is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Elite shooter that Zeke is looking for

Isiah Thomas has mentioned to the media that the Knicks are one elite scorer away from being a championship team. This of course means that he wants to pull of a trade pretty soon for an "eltie shooter". My question is, who is this elite shooter, and what will we have to give up for him? A few possibilities-

Ray Allen-Seattle has denied any talks between them and the Knicks,but the Knicks have two young guards with Seattle backgrounds, Jamal Crawford, and Nate Robinson. Along with Channing Frye, and a few fillers, the Knicks may have a shot at the aging star.

Paul Pierce-This superstar is in the unfortunate situation of being on one of the, if not the worst team in the league. The Celts may be reluctant to trade their main man, especially to a division rival, but if the Knicks offer the right amount of youth, and maybe even take Wally Szczerbiak in the deal, the Celts may agree.

Who are the other guys out there that Zeke may be looking at? He has never gone through a trade deadline without pulling off a trade. He insists that he isnt going to mess around with the roster, but he knows that he is on a one year ultimanum, so he probably will tinker with the roster. Who do you think he is considering?
shafir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 08:43 PM   #2
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Elite shooter that Zeke is looking for

Maybe Ray Allen, although Seattle say they won't deal him.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 09:35 PM   #3
HaNdLe ThE RoCk
NBA All-star

HaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputationHaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputation

I like Quentin Richardson a lot, but i wouldn't mind bringing in Ray Allen, anyways..doubt it happens.
HaNdLe ThE RoCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 08:25 AM   #4
mghubs27
I airball my layups

mghubs27 has an OK reputation so far

my highschool coach, also coached wally in highschool...said he averaged 33 pts a game!!!
mghubs27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 02:18 PM   #5
TheOakman
I hit open layups

TheOakman has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by mghubs27
my highschool coach, also coached wally in highschool...said he averaged 33 pts a game!!!

I remember when Wally was at Miami of Ohio and played in the NCAA Tourney. In the first round he scored something crazy like 48 points. The guy can score for sure, and for a few years it looked like the Timberwolves, were so close to just getting over that hump. But like with most teams their window of opportunity closed.
TheOakman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 05:19 PM   #6
ALBballer
Religion? LOL? WTF?

ALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOakman
I remember when Wally was at Miami of Ohio and played in the NCAA Tourney. In the first round he scored something crazy like 48 points. The guy can score for sure, and for a few years it looked like the Timberwolves, were so close to just getting over that hump. But like with most teams their window of opportunity closed.

I don't want Wally on our team. He has a nice shot and he's from Long Island, but I think we have a better version of him in Q-Rich. Wally is a better shooter, yes, but Q plays defense, rebounds and has more offensive moves then Wally.

As for Pierce, I would love to get him, but no way do they trade him to a division rival. And there only trading him for potential superstar youngsters, because they already have young players that are better then those on the Knicks.

Allen is a possibility. Trading Crawford, Nate, Frye, a 1st and a filler would clear some of our roster up, and would give us a legitimate scoring threat. But, I don't know if the Sonics would do that deal, and as a Knick fan I would be hesitant in trading Frye and our 1st. If we were to trade frye, I would like to get McRoberts in the draft.

PG:Marbury/Collins
SG: Allen/Francis
SF: Q-Rich/Balkman
PF: Lee/Rose
C: Curry/James

I like the idea of shortening our rosters to give Collins and Balkman more minutes.

Last edited by ALBballer : 02-12-2007 at 05:21 PM.
ALBballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 06:29 PM   #7
shafir
I>You. Get over it.

shafir is a pretty well-respected postershafir is a pretty well-respected postershafir is a pretty well-respected poster

Are there any other possibilities out there though?
shafir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 06:37 PM   #8
bigdaddybluesman
Local High School Star

bigdaddybluesman has an OK reputation so far

I really feel the best way to handle this team is to turnover the roster through the draft.

Keep working with the players we have. Get rid of the dead weight as in James and Francis. Keep drafting solid players and develop them.

It may take a little longer that way but I really don't see anybody I like to trade for.

I think they have to stop signing players who are injury prone and getting on in years or are problems.

Time to do what they are doing in the NFL and say to the players we expect a certain amount of professionalism.

Stern is doing that and I think and hope Isiah is buying into it now.

No more me first, it's about me players.

We need team first players with solid fundamentals.

Draft them them and develop them.

I think Zeke's best attribute is seeing talent, as for developing it that's seems to me to be a weakness.

Don't say Curry, it's Aguirre working with him.

Keep Zeke as GM and get a real game time coach, I think Herb Williams is the man. Maybe even Patrick Ewing.........I'd give Patrick a shot in a heartbeat.
bigdaddybluesman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 10:40 AM   #9
Xman DoublD
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Xman DoublD has an OK reputation so far

I like the idea of getting Allen in a knicks uni. He would provide consistent output from the perimeter...any chance we could dump francis in this hypothetical deal? What is keeping us from moving him anyway? Huge contract?

As for Pierce...HELL NO!!! I'm originally from kansas and watched this guy play a ton at KU. I was certain that whoever drafted him would go nowhere, assuming he was going to be the franchise player. He is one of the most selfish players i've ever seen, cares about nothing but scoring! Any team with PP is doomed to mediocrity...or worse as is the case in boston.
Xman DoublD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 06:38 PM   #10
nykfan70
Can barely lace up my sneakers

nykfan70 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xman DoublD
I like the idea of getting Allen in a knicks uni. He would provide consistent output from the perimeter...any chance we could dump francis in this hypothetical deal? What is keeping us from moving him anyway? Huge contract?

As for Pierce...HELL NO!!! I'm originally from kansas and watched this guy play a ton at KU. I was certain that whoever drafted him would go nowhere, assuming he was going to be the franchise player. He is one of the most selfish players i've ever seen, cares about nothing but scoring! Any team with PP is doomed to mediocrity...or worse as is the case in boston.

Yeah I agree, the selfish player knock on him was also apparent on the Olympic team that Pierce played on, an announcer for one of the games made note of that very same fault that haunts Pierce to this day.
nykfan70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 06:42 PM   #11
MTing
Where Brooklyn at?

MTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALBballer
I don't want Wally on our team. He has a nice shot and he's from Long Island, but I think we have a better version of him in Q-Rich. Wally is a better shooter, yes, but Q plays defense, rebounds and has more offensive moves then Wally.

As for Pierce, I would love to get him, but no way do they trade him to a division rival. And there only trading him for potential superstar youngsters, because they already have young players that are better then those on the Knicks.

Allen is a possibility. Trading Crawford, Nate, Frye, a 1st and a filler would clear some of our roster up, and would give us a legitimate scoring threat. But, I don't know if the Sonics would do that deal, and as a Knick fan I would be hesitant in trading Frye and our 1st. If we were to trade frye, I would like to get McRoberts in the draft.

PG:Marbury/Collins
SG: Allen/Francis
SF: Q-Rich/Balkman
PF: Lee/Rose
C: Curry/James

I like the idea of shortening our rosters to give Collins and Balkman more minutes.

If Knicks are gonna try to get Ray then Francis is in the deal
MTing is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: