Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Phoenix Suns Forum

Phoenix Suns Forum Phoenix Suns forum - Phoenix Suns message board

Old 06-09-2006, 04:29 PM   #1
insidehoops
Administrator

Default Who should the Suns draft

As far as players they have a realistic shot at getting, who should they draft?

http://www.insidehoops.com/nba-mock-draft.shtml
insidehoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 05:08 PM   #2
Dr.Funk
Decent college freshman

A back-up point guard for Steve Nash.

Whoever is on left on the board out of Farmer, Rondo, Diaz, Douby, Brown.
Dr.Funk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 05:33 PM   #3
Chamberlain
Riggin' for Wiggins!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Funk
A back-up point guard for Steve Nash.

Whoever is on left on the board out of Farmer, Rondo, Diaz, Douby, Brown.

Thats really all they need, I think Farmar and Diaz would be the best fits.
Chamberlain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006, 07:07 AM   #4
HoustonRockets87
High School Starter

I think they should take a risk and go with Saer Sene. He's a foreigner that's only played ball for 3 years but he has some potential. He's 7 feet, has a 7-8 wingspan and can touch the rim without jumping. He's supposedly a tremendous athlete and can touch the top of the backboard. He would be a project, but if he lived up anywhere close to his potential he could be a good fit in a couple years.
HoustonRockets87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006, 04:54 PM   #5
dynagchen
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Guillermo Diaz or farmar
dynagchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006, 07:36 PM   #6
A Roc 23
Back Better Then Ever

I want Sergio Rodriguez/ Jordan Farmar

And

Saer Sene.

With the 2 picks.
A Roc 23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 05:17 PM   #7
JJ_PR
I Hit Open Layups

Sergio = J-Will = excellent skills + bal hog...

Both picks + Barbosa to ORL to get Dooling or Arroyo + 11th pick (Simmons / Sh.Williams)..

Barbosa will get too much $$ next season and is very possible SUNS will not match.. unless Marion is traded... and you got a good PG with up - tempo qualities and a shoot blocker with better or more developed skills than Sene (which is not a bad option)//

Other scenarios, Miami and Denver are looking to have a 1st rounder try to get Boykins or Doleac for one pick, possible another 2rounder, etc.. and with the other pick could fill the other spot...

A team like Pho shoudl not draft 2 rookies, and next year 2 more.. Championship contender need experience..
JJ_PR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 01:29 AM   #8
tydal
I airball my layups

Default Experience Needed not Rookies

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ_PR

Both picks + Barbosa to ORL to get Dooling or Arroyo + 11th pick (Simmons / Sh.Williams)..

Barbosa will get too much $$ next season and is very possible SUNS will not match.. unless Marion is traded... and you got a good PG with up - tempo qualities and a shoot blocker with better or more developed skills than Sene (which is not a bad option)//

Other scenarios, Miami and Denver are looking to have a 1st rounder try to get Boykins or Doleac for one pick, possible another 2rounder, etc.. and with the other pick could fill the other spot...

A team like Pho shoudl not draft 2 rookies, and next year 2 more.. Championship contender need experience..

I have to Agree with JJ, Phoenix needs experienced players who can fit into the system. I think it might be best to trade our 2 picks along with Kurt Thomas, James Jones (2 guys who didn't really contribute during the playoffs and take up 10 mil in salaries) and Barbosa to Orlando for Arroyo this year's and next years draft pick (top 5 lottery protected).

Phoenix would then use the 9 million (13 million outgoing / 4 million incoming) in freed cap money to resign Tim Thomas (1yr deal), Keep Arroyo as their backup PG and draft the best player at #11 who I think would be Ronnie Brewer (A guy who can fill in a 1 to 3) or Simmons who would back up the 4 and 5.

Orlando would like this trade as it give them Barbosa who's better than most players on the board at 11, KT solves their need for a back-up center, and Jones solves their needs for an outside shooter.

Phoenix would like this trade as they get Arroyo who can back up Nash, it frees up 9 million to sign Tim Thomas while leaving most of the playoff roster core intact and a lottery pick to grab the best player available and a possible lottery protected pick next year.

PG: Nash, Arroyo
SG: Bell, House
SF: Thomas, (Brewer)
PF: Marion, Diaw
C: Stoudamire, (Simmons)

What do you guys think?
tydal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 06:19 AM   #9
joseph

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ_PR

That's a really good point. This may be our moment and the stacking up the veterans worked well for Miami. But rookies are cheaper than veterans, and I would hate to break this team up very much to make room for a couple older guys.

There are quite a few guys I really like for the suns. Sefolosha, Sene, Brewer, Carney, Hilton Armstrong, or Alexander Johnson. Everytime I see video of any of those guys I get excited about what they could bring from our bench. Possibly Lowry, Rodriguez or Diaz for point (with the second pick). It's a matter of who's still around for our picks.

Last edited by joseph : 06-22-2006 at 06:28 AM.
joseph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 11:48 AM   #10
Starter01
I airball my layups

they Should get Sergio Rodriguez the kid has amazing talent and good understudy of Nash...
Starter01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 03:14 PM   #11
insidehoops
Administrator

Have you seen Sergio Rodriguez play?

I've only seen brief footage and have relied on other reporters of ours to gage him
insidehoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 07:56 PM   #12
LUCAS

I like Rajon Rondo. Remember they only need a back up point to play about 20 minutes a game, why not a good ball handler/defender. We don't (and can't) get another Steve Nash. Also, remember that Amare is coming back and he can create his own shots. We don't even need to get a pg that will put up 12 assists a game. We have Steve for 30 mins, plus Diaw is a great playmaker. Also, we will get a lottery pick next season if we want to get Steve's understudy then. Maybe we should focus on bolstering our frontline with a defensive PF this year and picking a PG from the lottery next year when the draft is stronger.

I like Jordan Farmer, Rajon Rondo, Saer Sene, Guillermo Diaz, Sergio Rodriguez in that order as realistic options. Unless they trade up.

They should probably package the 2 picks with James Jones to move up in the draft.
LUCAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 01:26 AM   #13
BlackVVaves
NBA lottery pick

Quote:

Great idea. BUT I don't want to see Barbosa((or almost ANY guy on the team)) go. Especially after seeing Barbosa blossom into the player he is now. People were questioning if he was even NBA material. I'd rather tradeour Pick this year, next year's pick, sign and trade Thomas and House, plus money for Arroyo. Thats it. And, if the Magic bite, try and pry away their pick this year. But they probably wouldn't do the trade in the first place.
BlackVVaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2006, 01:27 PM   #14
dmenzion
I hit open layups

Thumbs up

Dee Brown

Josh Boone

gives you your back-up point guard and a heavily defensive minded Center/Forward
dmenzion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2006, 01:37 PM   #15
DCinFL

Suns have to go for Sene. Did anybody see the 8 minute clip of him? I'll try to find the link. I'm telling you, in a year or two, people will be saying, "why did we pass up on this guy." They should trade up w/ their two picks. I've seen Mock Drafts w/ Sene going as high as 14, but I think he could be drafted in the top 10.
DCinFL is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: